Little known Berserk facts...

Evil_Genius' Berserk community, Kentaro Miura's epic masterpiece, still active and translated. (Please don't ask about older Volumes. Buy from DarkHorse and support Miura.)

Moderator: EG Members

Draug
imanewbie

Re: Little known Berserk facts...

Post by Draug »

Hail !
I've been stalking the forum for quite some time and I must say that I sincerely admire your devotion and the great work you have done here. If it wasn't for those berserk releases i wouldn't be myself. (this is my first post if you haven't noticed)
I didn't know where to post this so please excuse my ignorance if i have offended any rules.
Im sure this has been brought up before but i couldn't find a satisfactory answere anywhere. Has Guts height been anounced ? I managed to find only this http://www.absoluteanime.com/berserk/guts.htm and my question is, if this is a speculation or a generaly known fact. I pray that you will excuse my grammer mistakes im not a native speaker.
DrPepperPro
Dirty Sennin

Post by DrPepperPro »

Hmm about the height, I don't think it's ever specifically given anywhere, so that number is an approximation most likely, but it's probably about correct.

And I just found out about this thread thanks.

Some stuff that might have been posted, but I didn't read so I post anyways:
1) Miura is left handed. It can be seen in the artbook page 126. (or maybe only for drawing, or he's ambidextrous, or the picture was flipped horizontally).

2) There is another character with the same hair style as Gattsu. Intentional or not?

3)This random pirate character looks exactly like the stalker in Perfect Blue. Intentional or not?

Also I'd like to ask about this one:The kids are playing band of the hawk dress up, but who are the 2 that I've labeled as "Who?" My guesses would be some combo of Rickert/Crokus/Pippin but I can't tell.
lon3vvolf
n00b Smasher

Post by lon3vvolf »

DrPepperPro wrote:Also I'd like to ask about this one:The kids are playing band of the hawk dress up, but who are the 2 that I've labeled as "Who?" My guesses would be some combo of Rickert/Crokus/Pippin but I can't tell.
The kid holding the banner looks a bit more like Corkus IMO. Judeau looks like hes about to put that stick up Griffiths butt. Go Judeau! Those other two might just be some random hawk memebers, or you may be right. *shrugs*
Draug
imanewbie

Post by Draug »

i'd guess that the girl/boy on the wooden horse is a Caska role player, mainly because of the skirt and we have seen Caska on a horse... occasionally.
FightClub
Augh! Bright sky fire burn eyes!

Guts duped his dragonslayer!

Post by FightClub »

Not sure if anyone else has seen it before, but I mentioned it a while back, two dragonslayers in here.
Rolos wrote:-He was born from a corpse? Has been killing (or assisting in the process) people ever since he was 5? Hahahaa...talk about having a shitty life. Its hilarious because he's not me.
The Prince
Tastes like burning!

Post by The Prince »

Draug wrote:Hail !
I've been stalking the forum for quite some time and I must say that I sincerely admire your devotion and the great work you have done here. If it wasn't for those berserk releases i wouldn't be myself. (this is my first post if you haven't noticed)
I didn't know where to post this so please excuse my ignorance if i have offended any rules.
Im sure this has been brought up before but i couldn't find a satisfactory answere anywhere. Has Guts height been anounced ? I managed to find only this http://www.absoluteanime.com/berserk/guts.htm and my question is, if this is a speculation or a generaly known fact. I pray that you will excuse my grammer mistakes im not a native speaker.
He's a big guy and all, but he were that tall, then that would mean Pippen would have to have been well over 7'ft in height.

And if in fact he were that tall, he'd weigh a hell of a lot more than 190lbs as is listed.
Let's put a smile on that face...............
Draug
imanewbie

Post by Draug »

The Prince wrote:
He's a big guy and all, but he were that tall, then that would mean Pippen would have to have been well over 7'ft in height.

And if in fact he were that tall, he'd weigh a hell of a lot more than 190lbs as is listed.
That is what i thought too !
Istvan
Crusher of Dreams

Re: Guts duped his dragonslayer!

Post by Istvan »

FightClub wrote:Image

Not sure if anyone else has seen it before, but I mentioned it a while back, two dragonslayers in here.
And I think we concluded at the time that what was being shown was that the dragonslayer was moving in that picture, which is what is being shown. It's not a mistake, in other words.
The King
imanewbie

Re: Guts duped his dragonslayer!

Post by The King »

Istvan wrote:
FightClub wrote:Image

And I think we concluded at the time that what was being shown was that the dragonslayer was moving in that picture, which is what is being shown. It's not a mistake, in other words.
idef does look like two dragon slayers
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

If you don't know how to read manga I guess. We should all know it's not 2 DS, it's just showing its motion. >.>
The King
imanewbie

Post by The King »

yea i didnt say it was two... it looks like two dats all :D
Lara Skadi
notanewb

Post by Lara Skadi »

about the scene where the kids are playing... is that picture in the manga? i cant find it in mine. if it is, would ya please tell me where? or post a link if it's not.
thanks ^^
DrPepperPro
Dirty Sennin

Post by DrPepperPro »

It's from the artbook. I forget where I got it though. Try some various torrent/manga sites.

There's also another thing called the berserk mini art collection that has some nice pictures.
Lara Skadi
notanewb

Post by Lara Skadi »

oh, thank you!

(but I still cant find it either . . . Just let's keep trying)
fujinsan
Flexing spam muscles

Post by fujinsan »

Starnum wrote:If you don't know how to read manga I guess. We should all know it's not 2 DS, it's just showing its motion. >.>
Yes it is just showing motion but really it's an art flaw he forgot the lines of where the sword's spinning, that's why it looks like two. If I'm right then that may be a little contribution to this thread. :D
DrPepperPro
Dirty Sennin

Post by DrPepperPro »

As I said when I answered this in the newbie thread, the little lines around base of the handle and the tip of the blade indicate that it is bouncing around. so no I don't think it's an art flaw.

edit: Oh I see what you mean about the lines now. Maybe its a flaw, but its so minor maybe he intended it that way.
The Herald
Tastes like burning!

Post by The Herald »

Well, the sword is just clanging end on end, that's why it didn't move more than that. In any case, it's a really really minor picture. I wonder if anyone has noticed that Casca has a scar on her right cheek that appears in The Golden Age in manga book 4 when they're teens, but in later books, even as early as 9, the scar is gone.
Audentis Fortuna Juvet - Virgil
Lara Skadi
notanewb

Post by Lara Skadi »

well, that may be something recent and not definitive. what is more strange are the scars Miura kept drawing and now had disappeared, like casca's arrows scars. they were there after a whole year, they wouldn't go away anymore. the other ones too, that always appeared. it's odd that casca now doesnt have any of them... :s (I kinda liked them :( made her more characteristic)
and shouldn't farnase have some on her back too? she was always hurting herself and that kind of injurie marks a lot... ah, these ones dont matter at all...
Wild Guardian
imanewbie

Post by Wild Guardian »

since we have a freaky elf with healing dust appearing now and then, I don´t see those details as continuity errors. And I bet that if miura draws Caska for example naked with Guts in a 2 page drawing like in the past, they will have some scars here and there. But I think that he won´t draw them if theyré on a 20x20mm panel. :p
Istvan
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Istvan »

and shouldn't farnase have some on her back too? she was always hurting herself and that kind of injurie marks a lot...
Nah, she was using the wrong kind of wip for that. It wasn't tearing wounds into her back, or anything. The kind she was using hurts like anything, but doesn't generally cause any damage beyond leaving red marks on the skin. Which makes sense, since it's something she apparently did fairly often, and if it was actually causing wounds she wouldn't have been able to function (or wear armor) for days afterwards.
The Herald
Tastes like burning!

Post by The Herald »

I'm just saying that the scar casca had looked like an important one, because it was on her face, or at least it was intended like that back in 1991. Kinda like Guts' nose scar.
Audentis Fortuna Juvet - Virgil
lon3vvolf
n00b Smasher

Post by lon3vvolf »

I think the scar issue is a non-issue. People heal over time, and scars fade away. For example Gats burn marks recently... They will go away in time. Some scars are going to be permanent, ie the Gats nose scar, but other than that I don't expect him to draw body marks verbatim.
War Machine
Tastes like burning!

Post by War Machine »

Caska's scar on her right cheek happened when she was fighting Guts the day he stumbled upon the Band of the Hawk for the first time in volume 4. I looked through volume 5 and the scar's not there anymore, so it healed normally I suppose.
"Clearly my escape had not been anticipated, or my benevolent master would not have expended such efforts to prevent me from going. And if my departure displeased him, then that was a victory, however small, for me." - Raziel
Buuhan1
Mastered PM

Post by Buuhan1 »

190lbs? HA! Yeeaaah, right! There's no way Guts is that light. Even if he was short he'd weigh a lot more than that, he's a fricken muscle monster of a man. I personally find the height of 6'4 to be acceptable, sounds about right. Least I'd imagine him being is 6 foot. I say he would weigh roughly 240-260 lbs.

It also lists his hair and eye color as black, when they're actually brown. (Tho Miura has kinda confused us by coloring them both as such...)

Absolute Anime is quite a poor source if you ask me. Also what is that title they have for him in the Japanese info? "The Century Killer"?
I think Guts is a pretty cool guy, eh kills shit an doesn't afraid of anything.
lon3vvolf
n00b Smasher

Post by lon3vvolf »

Buuhan1 wrote:
190lbs? HA! Yeeaaah, right! There's no way Guts is that light. Even if he was short he'd weigh a lot more than that, he's a fricken muscle monster of a man. I personally find the height of 6'4 to be acceptable, sounds about right. Least I'd imagine him being is 6 foot. I say he would weigh roughly 240-260 lbs.

It also lists his hair and eye color as black, when they're actually brown. (Tho Miura has kinda confused us by coloring them both as such...)

Absolute Anime is quite a poor source if you ask me. Also what is that title they have for him in the Japanese info? "The Century Killer"?
Wait, Gats eye and hair color is brown? His eyes maybe, but I always thought his hair was black. Perhaps its cuz the manga is black and white :D
Also I think that "The Century Killer" might be a mistranslation of "The 100 man slayer."