HAHAHA TERRORISTS!

All the news that's new and approved. We want your opinion, no matter how wrong it is.

Moderator: EG Members

MsNomer
Mastered PM

HAHAHA TERRORISTS!

Post by MsNomer »

Deterring terror

The waiver programme was initiated in 1986 "with the objective of eliminating unnecessary barriers to travel, stimulating the tourism industry," according to the State Department website.

The new programme will be rolled out from August, and will be mandatory for all visa-free travel from 12 January, 2009.

A Homeland Security spokesman said the new registrations would require the same information as the I-94 card, which is currently filled out by visitors to the US and turned in to customs on arrival in the country.

That information includes passport number, country of residence, and any involvement in terror activities.

(Italics MINE and I can't stop laughing.)

the above is taken from BBC News and can be seen in it's entirety at http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/americas/7434374.stm

I suggest a sample of the online form would look something like this:

Name:
Country of Residence:
Passport Number:
Purpose for Visit:
List the Terrorist Organizations You Belong To (please use additional space in comments box if necessary):

hahahahahaha Yes, HOMELAND SECURITY, THAT'LL KEEP THOSE NASTY TERRORISTS OUT. hahahaha*gasp*hahahaa
How IS a Raven like a writing desk? [/b]
War Machine
Tastes like burning!

Re: HAHAHA TERRORISTS!

Post by War Machine »

List of terrorist activities:
- Sold a pencil to someone that looked like a terrorist
- Tried to scare (terrorize) people on halloween.
- Gives a bad vibe.

Recommended procedure at security checkpoint:
- Ask if he's planning to kill someone or destroy something.
- Ask if the cat he's holding is a bomb.
- Take away his cat in case it's rigged to blow up (handle cat carefully).
- Send him for further inspection regardless of what he answers.
"Clearly my escape had not been anticipated, or my benevolent master would not have expended such efforts to prevent me from going. And if my departure displeased him, then that was a victory, however small, for me." - Raziel
Eldo
Of The Abyss

Post by Eldo »

Heh, that's hilarious. Maybe the terrorists could save the homeland security some time and just wear 'I am a terrorist' T-shirts.

I don't think half the toilet seats in the world are as clean as I should like; and only half of those are half as clean as they deserve. - tsubaimomo, July 26, 2010 3:00 am
MsNomer
Mastered PM

Post by MsNomer »

Eldo wrote:Heh, that's hilarious. Maybe the terrorists could save the homeland security some time and just wear 'I am a terrorist' T-shirts.
Can they have a little round bomb a la Mad Magazine's Spy vs Spy on them too?
Albator
Hikikomori

Post by Albator »

I wouldn't take this too lightly if I was you. I wouldn't be surpised if this involve some subtile law (I don't think they call it a "waiver" randomly, what is it exactly that you "waive"?), allowing the US to detain you if you fill up that thing and they find out you belong to some organization. Regardless of your citizenship, so you can't return to your country.

Forgot Guantanamo already?
MsNomer
Mastered PM

Post by MsNomer »

Albator wrote:I wouldn't take this too lightly if I was you. I wouldn't be surpised if this involve some subtile law (I don't think they call it a "waiver" randomly, what is it exactly that you "waive"?), allowing the US to detain you if you fill up that thing and they find out you belong to some organization. Regardless of your citizenship, so you can't return to your country.

The point I was making is that no one is going to fill in a box disclosing their terrorist affiliations... unless they are more ignorant than our current administration.
Eldo
Of The Abyss

Post by Eldo »

Albator wrote:I wouldn't take this too lightly if I was you. I wouldn't be surpised if this involve some subtile law (I don't think they call it a "waiver" randomly, what is it exactly that you "waive"?), allowing the US to detain you if you fill up that thing and they find out you belong to some organization. Regardless of your citizenship, so you can't return to your country.

I thought the point of filling in that thing was that they don't have to find out the organisation you're in. If you ticked 'yes' on the box, you just made their lives easier. In fact, pretty much did their job for them.

Is 4-chan a terrorist group? I mean, they do 'cyber-terrorize' and all that...

I don't think half the toilet seats in the world are as clean as I should like; and only half of those are half as clean as they deserve. - tsubaimomo, July 26, 2010 3:00 am
Albator
Hikikomori

Post by Albator »

MsNomer wrote:

The point I was making is that no one is going to fill in a box disclosing their terrorist affiliations... unless they are more ignorant than our current administration.
Point made. But I learned to stop laughing at anything this administration does, because they are scarily efficient when it comes to strip you from basic liberties. They have to be taken extremely seriously. You think they believe ANYBODY will fill that box? Come on, these people are probably smarter than you and me, you don't get where they are without a hint (sometimes you wonder, but I would rather not underestimate them). Hell no, they know perfectly well nobody will do it. And by doing so you probably commit a federal offense or something of the kind (if we have some kind of lawyer here he could dismiss my paranoia probably) and then they can detain you even if you are not a citizen.

That makes it not funny at all, because it is a deliberate and calculated act to strip anybody in the world from his liberty. After limiting US liberty, they are also working on the world liberties now. It sucks.
elric le tueur d'amis
Mastered PM

Post by elric le tueur d'amis »

Albator wrote:
That makes it not funny at all, because it is a deliberate and calculated act to strip anybody in the world from his liberty. After limiting US liberty, they are also working on the world liberties now. It sucks.
limiting the world liberties my ass, who wants to go to the U.S.A. now anyway...
don't overestimate that bunch of lawyers, they aren't more intelligent than any other men, just extremly deshumanized.
That guy won''t give up!!
Kill him!!
MrFelony
E-Thug

Post by MrFelony »

I think albator is right. If you lie about belonging to some "terrorist" organization, I assume would be some crime and thus the government would be able to detain you on something solid. I think it's kind of clever to be honest
elric le tueur d'amis
Mastered PM

Post by elric le tueur d'amis »

yep but it will only be useful if you define "a terrorist" as whoever (non-american) doesn't agree at 100% with the current domestic laws/foreign actions of the U.S. governement and act/talk to protest, if you go further into that kind of logic, the only non-terrorists are the members of the current administration (and their little financial friends), the u.s. population being innocent as long as it shuts its trap.
That guy won''t give up!!
Kill him!!