Devil May Cry

The latest and greatest of Japanese Animation. Found something new, or perhaps old and arcane... if it has to do with anime, it goes right here.

Moderator: EG Members

Brainpiercing
Crusher of Dreams

Re: Devil May Cry

Post by Brainpiercing »

What people bitch about is that DMC had neither plot nor good fights. If there had been good fights, noone would have complained about the lack of plot. But as it is, there was a terribly lacklustre story with no development, and then there were fights that consisted of Dante shooting something off the screen, and random squirts of blood. Before making the fights in the anime they should have at least looked at the game a bit. This can't have been a low budget show, and considering that they made a mess of it.
Brainpiercing
"Beer cures poison" - (almost) Guts.
Grahf
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Grahf »

Brainpiercing wrote:What people bitch about is that DMC had neither plot nor good fights. If there had been good fights, noone would have complained about the lack of plot. But as it is, there was a terribly lacklustre story with no development, and then there were fights that consisted of Dante shooting something off the screen, and random squirts of blood. Before making the fights in the anime they should have at least looked at the game a bit. This can't have been a low budget show, and considering that they made a mess of it.

:LOL: :LOL:

There it is in a nut shell.
"Context is for Kings"
Sandman
Dirty Sennin

Post by Sandman »

They fucked up bad that is for sure... is there any hope, I would have to say no, to late for a story line :evil:
Thank you sir, may I have another :twisted: :whip:
The Prince
Tastes like burning!

Post by The Prince »

Brainpiercing wrote:What people bitch about is that DMC had neither plot nor good fights. If there had been good fights, noone would have complained about the lack of plot. But as it is, there was a terribly lacklustre story with no development, and then there were fights that consisted of Dante shooting something off the screen, and random squirts of blood. Before making the fights in the anime they should have at least looked at the game a bit. This can't have been a low budget show, and considering that they made a mess of it.
Funny how garbage like this can get greenlighted, but a second season of Berserk can't. DMC may well be the worst anime ever given the budget it had to work with. Someone seriously dropped the ball on this one.
Let's put a smile on that face...............
Sortep
n00b eater

Post by Sortep »

Don't forget Muira never intended on a second season of Berserk, he intended the anime to be a sort of "Commercial" for the manga. It's in his interview which is somewhere in the search function. I was too lazy to find and quote.
Bow to Golbez
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

Yeah, you're totally right. I read that too. Does that mean we'll never see a second season? Not necessarily, but yeah, I seriously doubt we will. ;)
Sortep
n00b eater

Post by Sortep »

It would be nice, but the most likely possibility is a string of OVA's ala Ultimate Hellsing. Or a truly great console game.
Bow to Golbez
lon3vvolf
n00b Smasher

Post by lon3vvolf »

Brainpiercing hit the nail right on the head with his analysis.

The devil did die, and by devil I mean that anime.
The King
imanewbie

Post by The King »

ae they making any new ep soon
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

Uh, I thought it was over...
The King
imanewbie