Martial Arts

Way off-topic, and allowed! General discussions on anything and everything.

Moderator: EG Members

The Prince
Tastes like burning!

Re: Martial Arts

Post by The Prince »

halfnhalf wrote:UFC 83 was sick.

Rich Franklin does the unbelievable and out ju-jitsued travis lutter. shit was hot when it happened live. Everyone was like "OH SHIT!! HE HAS HIM!!" then to "NO FUCKING WAY!!! HE GOT OUT OF THAT?"

and a nice submission to boot.
That Rich Franklin Gif was a nice find. His shoulder must be double-jointed to rotate out against the grain like he did at the end.
Let's put a smile on that face...............
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

Damn, that's nice. Rich Franklin is an impressive fighter as well. It took Silva to take his belt, heh. Man, Travis looks like he's having a seizure after that one, I hope he's okay.
marpo
imanewbie

Post by marpo »

My picks for this weekend:

sherk
machida
soku

other fights are kinda meh
halfnhalf
Conversation Killer

Post by halfnhalf »

This weekend is going to be awesome!!!

BJ pen is just WAAAAAAAAAy to technical, but sherk can out last anyone in the ring.

I dono about tito ortiz against Machida, Machida is just too good at his strikes. Ortiz is gonna have to pull out some sort of like crazy throws or something, becuase i dont see him winning with reall anythignbut ground and pound.

Jardine has a tough fight, but at the same time, he did beat the guy that beat wandy...

cant wait! its going to be awesome.
The Prince
Tastes like burning!

Post by The Prince »

halfnhalf wrote:This weekend is going to be awesome!!!

BJ pen is just WAAAAAAAAAy to technical, but sherk can out last anyone in the ring.

I dono about tito ortiz against Machida, Machida is just too good at his strikes. Ortiz is gonna have to pull out some sort of like crazy throws or something, becuase i dont see him winning with reall anythignbut ground and pound.

Jardine has a tough fight, but at the same time, he did beat the guy that beat wandy...

cant wait! its going to be awesome.
BJ is clearly the better fighter than Sherk. But if he doesn't finish Sherk early on in the fight, he will certainly struggle in the later rounds. Sherk has been known to turn up the pace in the later rounds, at a time when normally fighters are struggling with their fatique. The fact that this is a scheduled 5-round fights makes a world of difference. With endurance being BJ's only glaring weakness in the past, this match may be a tale of two fights (early rounds vs later rounds). People who are counting out Sherk in this fight may be in for a huge shock.
Buzkashi
Devourer of Children

Post by Buzkashi »

BJ Penn is legit as hell. I dont see him losing to Sherk at all, unless its like a one in a million blow that connects. Ya'll remember back in the day when Sherk was gonna fight Kermit Cintron but got suspended for steroid use. I think they should still do that.
A little philosophy inclineth man's mind to atheism, but depth in philosophy bringeth men's minds about to religion.
-Sir Francis Bacon, Of Atheism <---Did I make this my sig? This shits gay as fuck.
halfnhalf
Conversation Killer

Post by halfnhalf »

BJ Penn dominted Sherk. BUt OMG Machida tore Tito apart, even though in the last seconds tito almost pulled a triangle choke.

This UFC was great, will update with gifs of the fights later.
The Prince
Tastes like burning!

Post by The Prince »

Silva is a scary dude.
Buzkashi
Devourer of Children

Post by Buzkashi »

He axe murdered Jardin.

Before the fight, I was thinking, " Wanderlei looks like a gorilla, he should have had his nickname be Wanderlei "silverback" silva. After the fight ended, (36 seconds later) I was reminded why he got his name.
A little philosophy inclineth man's mind to atheism, but depth in philosophy bringeth men's minds about to religion.
-Sir Francis Bacon, Of Atheism <---Did I make this my sig? This shits gay as fuck.
fujinsan
Flexing spam muscles

Post by fujinsan »

I never really had any martial arts training but I basically grew up on the streets so I taught myself. It is sort of a mix between boxing and kung fu, kick-boxing maybe, but it is effective. I've only lost one fight in my entire life so yeah it works. I love the feeling of my fist connecting with someone's jaw bone and then severing it. I doubt I could beat a person who has studied actual kung-fu though.
The Prince
Tastes like burning!

Post by The Prince »

fujinsan wrote:I never really had any martial arts training but I basically grew up on the streets so I taught myself. It is sort of a mix between boxing and kung fu, kick-boxing maybe, but it is effective. I've only lost one fight in my entire life so yeah it works. I love the feeling of my fist connecting with someone's jaw bone and then severing it. I doubt I could beat a person who has studied actual kung-fu though.
Wow Fuji.....

The only advice I have for you is that with great power comes great responsibility.
halfnhalf
Conversation Killer

Post by halfnhalf »

I hope none of you wasted their time like me, i fucking watched Elite XC's show on CBS, fucking horrible.

Worst representation of anything. EliteXC is like the TNA of wrestling, and the XFL of football. I wasted my time, glad they didnt make me pay for any of it.

only good thing, was that Street Fighter 4 had its first debut on TV, its looks like teh sex.
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

I only watched Kimbo's fight, lol. I recorded the rest though, haven't watched it yet. I thought Kimbo's fight was pretty cool.
fujinsan
Flexing spam muscles

Post by fujinsan »

The Prince wrote:
fujinsan wrote:I never really had any martial arts training but I basically grew up on the streets so I taught myself. It is sort of a mix between boxing and kung fu, kick-boxing maybe, but it is effective. I've only lost one fight in my entire life so yeah it works. I love the feeling of my fist connecting with someone's jaw bone and then severing it. I doubt I could beat a person who has studied actual kung-fu though.
Wow Fuji.....

The only advice I have for you is that with great power comes great responsibility.
What great power, who told you?!
halfnhalf
Conversation Killer

Post by halfnhalf »

Starnum wrote:I only watched Kimbo's fight, lol. I recorded the rest though, haven't watched it yet. I thought Kimbo's fight was pretty cool.

Kimbo's fight was terrible, he gassed in the second round. Ref called the fight WAAAAAAAAAAY early, he couldnt defend himself against JT's wimpy elbows (remember the BJ Penn and Matt Hughes fight). Also the ref called a stand up when JT was in side control, that dog shit right there, you arent suppose to do that, he has control.

Dont bother with the rest of the show, it isnt worth it. 2 fights were called too early, Baroni is too old, and Nick Serra is a joke. Surprisingly the one fight i didnt want to watch ended up being the only fight that was enjoyable, chicks fighting. Though still a joke, when the one that wins and actually gets it on her record, weighed 4 and half pounds over weight.

Elite XC, you are worthless.
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

Okay, so yeah Kimbo gassed and his ground-game still needs work, and the referee sucked, but if he hadn't stopped it, dude could have lost his ear, and that would suck. Pretty sure Kimbo even said he was gonna target it, and that dude was eating a lot of punches anyway. *shrugs* It was called early, but I'd still give it to Kimbo. I just liked watching him pound on dude's face and being surprised dude could just take em pretty much flush like that, lol. That one ref stand-up was bullshit though.
halfnhalf
Conversation Killer

Post by halfnhalf »

Starnum wrote: dude could have lost his ear

They are professional fighters, they get paid to beat the living shit out of people. They risk their whole body for the sake of the fight, a lost ear is nothing to them. It doesnt prevent them from fighting effectively. Either way the ref should have let it go the distance, we want knock outs, we want submissions, not stoppages, NOT FUCKING 3 stoppages.

i dont know why everyone is all about the ear... it happens very often if you into the ground game.
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

Yeah, yeah, I'm just saying... Hell, who knows what would have happened, had the ref not stood them up that one time. Kimbo seemed to have to struggle to get back to his feet, but who knows, cause of a shitty ref. I said he called it early didn't I?
halfnhalf
Conversation Killer

Post by halfnhalf »

true.

WEC Faber vs. Pulver was awesome. SOOOOOOOOOOOO many good fights, made eliteXC's show look like a turd. Had two title fights they gave us a show.

btw Pulver can take puches, and faber now learned that some of the guys he has been fighting have been very weak.
halfnhalf
Conversation Killer

Post by halfnhalf »

and yes the ref is the same ref that didnt call the fight for kimbo, BUT did call the fight on Brandon Vera this past weekend. And now, he raises the wrong hand, can we please get rid of him?

TIGER KNEE!

this was from UFC 84, but yah

tito lost if you are wondering...

supreme takedown
Buzkashi
Devourer of Children

Post by Buzkashi »

Anyone see the Pavlik fight? I missed that one, Lockett must have been brutalized if his own corner threw in the towel.
The Prince
Tastes like burning!

Post by The Prince »

Buzkashi wrote:Anyone see the Pavlik fight? I missed that one, Lockett must have been brutalized if his own corner threw in the towel.
No but I am pissed my boy Forrest lost.
Buzkashi
Devourer of Children

Post by Buzkashi »

Its kinda sick that Sergio Mora is winning titles now tho.
Femto
Devourer of Children

Post by Femto »

Shut the FUCK up, Buzkashi.
Buzkashi
Devourer of Children

Post by Buzkashi »

You're just mad he stole your title of "the Latin Snake".

Thats right, I went there.

I was wondering if you could draw me wearing my behelit necklace. Wearing only my behelit necklace.