Manga characters that you like most

Have a fetish for dead wood comics, or you just like the better story development of the Manga? Post about 'em here.

Moderator: EG Members

Starnum
Elven King

Re: Manga characthers that you like most

Post by Starnum »

For the answer to your question, stay tuned to my avatars. ;)
The Herald
Tastes like burning!

Post by The Herald »

Oh God no! They did a comic adaptation of Shakespeare? Hey, wait, I already knew that ... hehe ... anyways, I still hate the idea. Maybe if they animated Macbeth and ONLY had the original lines from the script would I be okay with it, but other than that ... booo :pwned:
Audentis Fortuna Juvet - Virgil
Libaax
Of The Abyss

Post by Libaax »

1. Takamura [Hajime No Ippo] funny,pervert and a awesome boxer a very good combination

2. Guts[Berserk] the coolest hero of all manga with the craziest fighting face that i thought he was the bad guy in the manga,cause he looks so evil when he is in a fight.

3. Onizuka[GTO] he is the same as Takamura funny,crazy,pervert.

4. Ippo[Hajime No Ippo] a little to good sometimes but he is a very real character,nice,the only hardworking type that isn't a cliche. A very rare character in manga.

5. Ogami Itto[Lone Wolf and Cub] He is a very samurai like character that you think he was a real person not a manga character.

6. Light[Death Note] He isn't a good guy,he doesn't feel guilty about anything would kill his mother if he had to,i like his goal in life to make criminals pay,change the world.

7. Miyamoto Musashi[Vagabond] Glory seeking samurai that is perfect for Vagabond.

8. Sakuragi Hanamichi[Slam Dunk] He is Takamura in high School nuff said.

9. Aoki/Kimura - two of the best supporting characters in all of manga.

10. Kie Kurano[GANTZ] He is horny,a coward sometimes,he is bullied in his everyday life but a hero in the mission for GANTZ.

Just thought it would be funny to see how my list changed over the years, its wierd how little it changed.
The ink of a scholar is worth a thousand times more than the blood of the martyr- The Quran
Gzhindra
imanewbie

Re: Manga characters that you like most

Post by Gzhindra »

Guts (like everybody here it seems :p)
Gally (Alita for the US) - Gunnm
Ikky - Saint Seiya
Mime de Benetnasch ( almost a bad guy)- saint Seiya
Galatea - Claymore
Saito Hajime - Kenshin
fujinsan
Flexing spam muscles

Post by fujinsan »

goku(dbz)
The wonder twins(justice friends)
guts (berserk)
zoro (one piece)
Jiro (666 satan)
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

Okay, here's a list of my current top ten favorite anime and video game characters.

10.) Jiraya (Naruto)
9.) Sendo Takeshi "The Naniwa Tiger" (Hajime no Ippo)
8.) Kurono Kei (Gantz)
7.) Yuri Hyuga (Shadow Hearts)
6.) Manji (Blade of the Immortal)
5.) Sephiroth (Final Fantasy VII)
4.) Alucard Tepes, Adrian Faranheights (Castlevania: Symphony of the Night)
3.) Roronoa Zoro (One Piece)
2.) Himura Kenshin "Hitokiri Battousai" (Rurouni Kenshin)
1.) Gatts "The Black Swordsman" (Berserk)
Lel
notanewb

Post by Lel »

Taikoubou - From Houshin Engi, an amazingly epic yet under appreciate manga. He pulls off the relaxed, natural, sort of lazy demeanor that is often over exaggerated by other characters in his vein (Vash, Munsu, etc). However even though he is playful and seemingly carefree, in actuality, he is proven to be one of the wisest characters in the series, perhaps in any series. I use the word wise because he doesn't seem to fall into the atypical shounen trap of snaping back and forth between slapstick and utter genius, but rather smoothly transitions between the two in a more natural manner. He is friendly and likeable, silly yes, but also smart and cunning. In fact, his only intellectual match is...

Dakki - The "villain" of Houshin Engi. Despite being cruel and manipulative, you can't help but love her. She may also be silly and joking, but she is as equally cunning as Taikoubou. In fact one of the most enjoyable parts of Houshin Engi was early on when it would be the two of them scheming back and forth, with their ploys ranging from simple several chapter long feuds to over-arching ones that would span the whole manga and tie in small things from the beginning to the end. I think what I enjoyed best about of is that she conveyed this sense of one-dimension cruelty and shallowness but in the end was actually a well developed character, and oh so clever. Not to mention she's pretty. And speaking of pretty...

Sando - from SaO, because she's pretty :)
fujinsan
Flexing spam muscles

Post by fujinsan »

oh yeah almost forgot bell(beuty and the beast)
and luffy(one piece)
The Prince
Tastes like burning!

Post by The Prince »

fujinsan wrote:oh yeah almost forgot bell(beuty and the beast)
and luffy(one piece)
Gaston was the shit. That crab from the Little Mermaid was pretty chill as well IMO.
Let's put a smile on that face...............
Sortep
n00b eater

Post by Sortep »

hiko seijuuro rouroni kenshin
shikamaru naruto
guts berserk
walter hellsing
alucard hellsing
alexander hellsing
d-boy tekkamon blade
anubis ronin warriors
onizuka gto
jiraiya naruto
kenpachi bleach
urahara bleach
carbuncle vampire hunter d
dracula vampire hunter d
kame sennin dbz (lame i know)
zorro one piece
the old man ninja scroll (movie & series)
clare claymore
maria claymore
kain tekkamon blade
Bow to Golbez
dialdfordesi
I live in a giant bucket.

Post by dialdfordesi »

Kei Kurono. That guy goes from being a petty jackass to being a person who wants to save everyone. The fact that he redeems himself in this way makes him a great guy in my book.
Trust me, I'm a doctor!
fujinsan
Flexing spam muscles

Post by fujinsan »

The Prince wrote:
fujinsan wrote:oh yeah almost forgot bell(beuty and the beast)
and luffy(one piece)
Gaston was the shit. That crab from the Little Mermaid was pretty chill as well IMO.
yeah forgot to mention Gaston but I gotta say one thing fuck the crab, kh2 made me hate that fucker.
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

dialdfordesi wrote:Kei Kurono. That guy goes from being a petty jackass to being a person who wants to save everyone. The fact that he redeems himself in this way makes him a great guy in my book.
Heck yeah.
elric le tueur d'amis
Mastered PM

Post by elric le tueur d'amis »

mashiba ryo hni
hajime saito rurouni kenshin
Joe Yabuki ashita no joe
Corkus berserk
Miria Claymore
Heinrich Runge Monster
Masaru Kato Gantz
L death note
Otcho 20th century boys
Kazumitsu Kurosawa Worst!
That guy won''t give up!!
Kill him!!
Aetherfukz
Tastes like burning!

Post by Aetherfukz »

Onizuka Eikichi, the Great Teacher Onizuka. Has seriously be the single coolest guy in any work of fiction I've ever seen. While he may be a pervert and a virgin, his action speak more for himself. As Julia says about him "He does what a man has to do."

[spoiler]When reading Vol. 25 of the manga yesterday I was really shocked when Onizuka was about to die from brain hemorrhaging... I thought that maybe the manga would end with his funeral now. But I was reliefed, he got back to his old self in no time![/spoiler]
Vicissitude
Professional Bastard

Post by Vicissitude »

My personal favorite right now is probably Juumonji from Eyeshield 21. He got dragged into joining the football team out of pure blackmail, but started to use it to make something of himself. Originally, a delinquent, beating on the kid who would become the team's star player, skipping school, smoking and generally being a criminal asshole, Juumonji started to enjoy the game. At first, it was just to show up the linemen of another school's team, but soon after that he began showing up to practice without any prodding via blackmail. Almost his entire life was people calling him and his friends trash. He finally showed that he could pull himself up and be something better.

His shining moment is probably one of the best in the series. After a mad scramble for a loose ball, he snags the ball and runs it forward. The 'once-in-a-lifetime' athletic genius on the other team is immediately on him, but Juumonji struggles forward. He knows that he isn't an ace. He's not a genius. He's just a shlub who brought himself up fighting all the way.

I love when the underdog comes through. That's probably why I love ES21.