Guitar Hero III

Welcome to the official EG Gaming Buzkashi League (EGBL).

Moderator: EG Members

Femto
Devourer of Children

Re: Guitar Hero III

Post by Femto »

That's just terrible.
Aetherfukz
Tastes like burning!

Post by Aetherfukz »

The truth is terrible indeed.
fujinsan
Flexing spam muscles

Post by fujinsan »

Aetherfukz wrote:Dude, are you 12? Your writing style suggests so.

And anyway as Starnum explained you CAN hold the upper parts of the string on a real guitar and it will only play the lowest part. Just like in GH :D

And now I'm asking this as a serious question, not as a flame: Are you really retarded Femto?
I've never played a real guitar besides hitting frantically on the strings when drunk at a party, and I've never played a Guitar Hero game before. So I asked a normal question, which would be the better way to play the game. I also said that I started on easy because, duh, it's still kinda hard if you never did such a thing before.

I'm fed up with your shit fucking flaming all the time for no apparent reason other than that you are a freaking lowlife who hates himself and his life so much that he has to take out his aggression on an anonymouse internet forum, where afterwards you can tap yourself on the back because noone else will ever do so and say to yourself "dude I so pwned that anyonymouse person over there somewhere!".

Get a fucking life or die somewhere in the backyard.
damn i gotta say that has to be the worst internet ass beating i've ever seen lol.
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

Worst, like best, or like bad? Either way, I've seen better. Femto is just fucking with you dude, don't take him too seriously. He's like that with everyone, and the sooner you learn to shrug it off, the better you'll be. Believe me, it took me a long time and more heart-ache than it was probably worth to figure that out.

Heh, however, that little spat totally cracked me up. So grats to you both on that. It really is kind of a silly way to try to play the game though, no offense. It makes sense to do that with a real guitar if you need to, but I definitely wouldn't suggest it for Guitar Hero. I know it works on there too, as sometimes I'll hold one of the top notes, but not all of them at once, heh.
Femto
Devourer of Children

Post by Femto »

Aetherfukz's post was just random mud-slinging and name calling, merely desperate attempts to see which generic insult sticks on the wall.

Nothing did of course, it's hard to get offended by such pathetic attempts at flaming, hence my short, disinterested reply.

And he plays Guitar Hero like a retard.

God must've pulled a prank on him when he wired his brain because his method is completely ass backwards.
Aetherfukz
Tastes like burning!

Post by Aetherfukz »

Starnum wrote:Worst, like best, or like bad? Either way, I've seen better. Femto is just fucking with you dude, don't take him too seriously. He's like that with everyone, and the sooner you learn to shrug it off, the better you'll be. Believe me, it took me a long time and more heart-ache than it was probably worth to figure that out.
Well usually I do just shrug it off as the kiddy flaming it is, but yesterday I had a rough day because our companies boss told our department we should do more overtime work which really fucked me off. Anyway...
Heh, however, that little spat totally cracked me up. So grats to you both on that. It really is kind of a silly way to try to play the game though, no offense. It makes sense to do that with a real guitar if you need to, but I definitely wouldn't suggest it for Guitar Hero. I know it works on there too, as sometimes I'll hold one of the top notes, but not all of them at once, heh.
I've stared the career or medium yesterday (after playing practice of course, that pinky finger need some training :D) and did the first 4 or 5 songs. And 99% of the time i hit the fret and strum at the same time for normal notes and chords as it should be, but sometimes especially on chords I'm not really yet used to play I still fuck it up. But I have to say I've got a lot better in just 1 day, I wouldn't have dreamt about medium difficulty with 4 frets on monday when I first started the game :D

But it helps extremly if you know the song in and out. I could play Bulls on Parade, the Seeker, Paranoid, Hier kommt Alex and Paint it Black almost instantly on medium, while others were really hard to get because I only heard the melody like 2-3 times up till now. Especially that fucking Slayer song towards the end of the career. Still the only song I didn't finish on easy. Fuckshit Slayer music.

Though where appropriate I still hold a fret. Like in Bulls on Parade, the intro and outro, I just hold green and hit yellow at the appropriate times. Just way easier especially when green is a long (hold-up?) note and yellow just one strum.

Oh and Femto: So what if I wasn't born playing the guitar? Let me see you write software like I do all day, I'd really like to laugh at you all day for confusing int and double long, and char* with CString. That'd be fun.
fujinsan
Flexing spam muscles

Post by fujinsan »

Femto wrote:Aetherfukz's post was just random mud-slinging and name calling, merely desperate attempts to see which generic insult sticks on the wall.

Nothing did of course, it's hard to get offended by such pathetic attempts at flaming, hence my short, disinterested reply.

God must've pulled a prank on him when he wired his brain because his method is completely ass backwards.
k that was good made me laugh a little more but fair as is.
The Prince
Tastes like burning!

Post by The Prince »

Femto wrote:Aetherfukz's post was just random mud-slinging and name calling, merely desperate attempts to see which generic insult sticks on the wall.

I've never played GH with a retard. So I'll have to take you at your word.....nerd.

BTW....I'm sick of your shit as well.

You need to learn to treat people with a little more respect.

Let's just hope you don't run into me on the same server when I'm playing Street Fighter IV as Chung Lee.
Let's put a smile on that face...............
fujinsan
Flexing spam muscles

Post by fujinsan »

The Prince wrote:

I've never played GH with a retard. So I'll have to take you at your word.....nerd.

BTW....I'm sick of your shit as well.

You need to learn to treat people with a little more respect.

Let's just hope you don't run into me on the same server when I'm playing Street Fighter IV as Chung Lee.
here here! chears to the winner!!!
Femto
Devourer of Children

Post by Femto »

The Prince is my current favorite member.
LordMune
Femto's Favorite Member

Post by LordMune »

*cough*
"I love a buz" - LordMune, 2012
Femto
Devourer of Children

Post by Femto »

That's the sound of LordMune choking on my dick.
lon3vvolf
n00b Smasher

Post by lon3vvolf »

Oh my, just saw what was going on here. I've been missing out. Or maybe I should stay out of this and just watch =P

BTW, I love femto's sig.
MadDogMike
Mastered PM

Post by MadDogMike »

Femto gets "cred" by taking my post out of context. I was talking about Marvel vs Capcom 2 FYI.

Guitar Hero 3 is just a Guitar Hero wannabe. Neversoft couldn't make good note charts if they tried.
Femto
Devourer of Children

Post by Femto »

Marvel vs. Capcom 2 is not 3D either.
MadDogMike
Mastered PM

Post by MadDogMike »

lol.
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

Okay, lets focus on what's important here.

Rock Band > Guitar Hero III
halfnhalf
Conversation Killer

Post by halfnhalf »

tracks on GH1 and 2 are waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay better than any of the current games.

and fuck the downloading, i already bought your game and your music, now i have to buy your note scrolling chart? fuck that.
Aetherfukz
Tastes like burning!

Post by Aetherfukz »

Well there are a lot of really really nice songs on GH3: Bulls on Parade, Paranoid, The Seeker, Baracuda, Sabotage, and much more. And what's cool that there are much more original recordings than in the former releases.

On the topic of Rock Band: I recon it's really cool when you have 3 friends over to party, but in single player I cannot imagine it being much more fun thatn Guitar Hero (although drumming sure sounds awesome). For the party mode, at least with me and my friends, nobody would dare to take on the singing role. Hitting keys on a plastic instrument to the beat is all fun and good, but singing (or rather pretending to sing and sounding completely aweful doing so) isn't really our thing.
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

Yeah, the point is to have multiple players for Rock Band. Man, that sucks that you have to pay for song DL's though, boo to that.
Aetherfukz
Tastes like burning!

Post by Aetherfukz »

Can any of you help me with this problem?

I can never play GH3 online: Leaderboards, searching for games, etc. all work. But whenever I try to connect to a game, "joining game..." wait for like 5 minutes then just quits back to the multiplayer menu without any error.

My router supports UPnP, and all other online games on the PS3 are working great for me. Just GH3 doesn't. Any of you experienced such problems too? Haven't found any solution via google too... :(