About the story-telling girl in vol 29

Evil_Genius' Berserk community, Kentaro Miura's epic masterpiece, still active and translated. (Please don't ask about older Volumes. Buy from DarkHorse and support Miura.)

Moderator: EG Members

eloir
imanewbie

About the story-telling girl in vol 29

Post by eloir »

probably this is not tracendental but it caugh my attention.
That girl that tells the story about the falcon and the duck in volume 29, is the same that apears in volume 22 chapter 06 pages 124-125... does she has some kind of conection with giffith? how did is she pass from being an slave to have his own guard?
ye, first post :P, but ive been reading berserk for quite a time... i just started re-reading found many things i didnt notice untill now XD
Eldo
Of The Abyss

Post by Eldo »

You're probably referring to Sonia. She became a slave because her town was attacked by a Kushite raid. The women were probably going off to the monster producing plant where those freaky creatures are being mass-produced. But Griffith showed up and saved them all. It seems she has special powers, probably witch-like abilities and have a connection to od. She seemed to be able to use telepathy and all sorts of other little witchcraft powers. Of course, if that power is put to good use, there's a chance that Griffith would exploit that for his own needs. Well, she's important to Griffith because of her powers, basically. And her 'guard' is Mule, who's nobility. They'll probably just friends, and nothing more yet. :wink:

I don't think half the toilet seats in the world are as clean as I should like; and only half of those are half as clean as they deserve. - tsubaimomo, July 26, 2010 3:00 am
Buzkashi
Devourer of Children

Post by Buzkashi »

For God's sake man dont make a thread your first post. Im glad you're here and all but seriously. You could have easliy put this in the little know berserk facts thread (even though everyone knows it already).
A little philosophy inclineth man's mind to atheism, but depth in philosophy bringeth men's minds about to religion.
-Sir Francis Bacon, Of Atheism <---Did I make this my sig? This shits gay as fuck.
Gatzz
Mastered PM

Post by Gatzz »

I fast reply, before Starnum locks this!

Uhm... well... not much to say...

But still!
Eldo
Of The Abyss

Post by Eldo »

Well, the usual routine is this:

1)Guy asks question

2)Someone answers

3)End of Discussion

4)Thread Locked.

The question wasn't exactly hard to answer. But Buzkashi is kinda right, if you're new here, avoid starting a topic all on your own. Some of the members here can be fair, while others can be unkind :roll: . If there are some other threads available that you could post in, then do so. Other then that, welcome to EG.

I don't think half the toilet seats in the world are as clean as I should like; and only half of those are half as clean as they deserve. - tsubaimomo, July 26, 2010 3:00 am
Femto
Devourer of Children

Post by Femto »

Eldo, you forgot to add,

"5. User leaves forever"

I don't know why, but a lot of the guys that start these threads leave as soon as they get their answer.

It makes me feel kinda used. :(

EDIT: Corrected some horrible grammar...
Last edited by Anonymous on Sun Mar 20, 2005 8:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Eldo
Of The Abyss

Post by Eldo »

Femto wrote:Eldo, you forgot to add,

"5. User leaves forever"

I don't know why, but a lot of the guys that these threads leave as they they get their answer.

It makes me feel kinda used. :(
LOL :lol:

Yeah, it hurts my heart to see them leave... :cry:

Then again, part of it maybe OUR fault. We'd kinda gave them the impression that they are pitiful fools with overwhelming stupidity and that they'll branded by it forever. I almost feel like I'm answering the question just to drive them away. For some reason, it feels like a one night stand. I feel used too...like a cheap whore.

But there would be no changes, I tell you! We will answer the questions OUR way. With a broom. :P

Concealed_Rage
imanewbie

Post by Concealed_Rage »

When I first saw her I thought she was the girl from the chapter with that fairy apostle, you know the friend that wanted to go with guts at the end. maybe I should go back and check.
"He appeared right in front of me, and he wasn't a demon... but what looked like a human. As if he'd been yanked from before into the present unchanged. I gazed at him and for a second... I forgot to kill him."
- Guts from Berserk
Gatzz
Mastered PM

Post by Gatzz »

Thought the question was too stupid to answer.

Offcourse it is the same girl...
Femto
Devourer of Children

Post by Femto »

The thought of them leaving because of our way of answering did kinda cross my mind Eldo, but, like you said, it is our way dammit! Get used to it or get lost, losers!

Is this bad?
Buzkashi
Devourer of Children

Post by Buzkashi »

This is where my 25 post rule comes in.
A little philosophy inclineth man's mind to atheism, but depth in philosophy bringeth men's minds about to religion.
-Sir Francis Bacon, Of Atheism <---Did I make this my sig? This shits gay as fuck.
Kêthêrîc
This is my new home

Post by Kêthêrîc »

People might tend to leave at this reaction.
Buzkashi wrote:For God's sake man dont make a thread your first post. Im glad you're here and all but seriously. You could have easliy put this in the little know berserk facts thread (even though everyone knows it already).
not pickin on you buz, just that's a little harsh. Just because the guy is new doesn't mean he is retarded, and shouldn't be allowed to start a post. Granted, there are a lot of retards on here :?
Gatzz
Mastered PM

Post by Gatzz »

Like Femto said, they often leave right after their question is answered...
So they shouldnt make a complete post.

Why cant they reply to the FAQ?
You could make it a "Answer To Everything" thread (Starnum)
Buzkashi
Devourer of Children

Post by Buzkashi »

Kêthêrîc wrote:People might tend to leave at this reaction.
Buzkashi wrote:For God's sake man dont make a thread your first post. Im glad you're here and all but seriously. You could have easliy put this in the little know berserk facts thread (even though everyone knows it already).
not pickin on you buz, just that's a little harsh. Just because the guy is new doesn't mean he is retarded, and shouldn't be allowed to start a post. Granted, there are a lot of retards on here :?

The hell? Harsh. Are you kidding me. I didnt even insult, just redirected him. Im speechless.
Eldo
Of The Abyss

Post by Eldo »

Femto wrote:The thought of them leaving because of our way of answering did kinda cross my mind Eldo, but, like you said, it is our way dammit! Get used to it or get lost, losers!

Is this bad?
Nah, we'll answer the way we wanna :D . If they can't stand it, tough. I don't want the forums to be dominated by imbeciles with stupidity that's contagious. No offense to anyone, but if you ask a really dumb shit question, we can answer it in ANYWAY WE WANT. You cannot force us to give an answer in the manner you expect. We could have just left the question to rot, and kept on delivering the 'smite of mercy'. At the end, we did answer your question, right? I don't see the harm in that. You ask the question, we answer it. It's as simple as that. We just like to add some 'bonuses' in the thread. Then, like all threads that's stupid, we continue to belittle it. So far, there's been little or no direct insults has been targeted at the author of the thread, but only the thread itself. And NOOB is NOT an insult. It is a classification. :wink: I haven't called any body a shit-devouring slime...yet.

If you choose to leave, that's your choice. I'm not forcing you to leave. The chances are, we won't remember you the next time you post. I don't keep record of what you posted in the past. What you choose to do is entirely up to you. But I do agree with you, Buzkashi, that newbies should be familiar with the 'surroundings' of the environment first before making a new topic.

But this is really fueling my entertainment, though :twisted: .

Buzkashi
Devourer of Children

Post by Buzkashi »

God I rather you call someone a fucktard then a n00b. I hate that word.
Eldo
Of The Abyss

Post by Eldo »

Shit-devouring slime?

Buzkashi
Devourer of Children

Post by Buzkashi »

Yes I rather you call someone that.
Femto
Devourer of Children

Post by Femto »

Buzkashi iz teh n00b!!11!11

Shit, I forgot he's a mod... I'll get teh perma-ban now...
Seriously though, why does the word "n00b" bother you so much? Bad experiences with it?
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

Of course it was freakin Sonia! What a tard. I wish people would stop starting threads just to ask these lame ass questions. Just pay attention to the manga and stop being so damn lazy, sheesh.