::Naruto::

Have a fetish for dead wood comics, or you just like the better story development of the Manga? Post about 'em here.

Moderator: EG Members

fujinsan
Flexing spam muscles

Re: ::Naruto::

Post by fujinsan »

Deathbringer wrote:Looks like Susaano uses life force instead of chakra which explaisn how Itachi was able to use it.

Meh, great ending to a shitty fight overall. The poke on the head said more for the depth and flow of this story than any mighty attack could have. I liked it.

And even though it was said that Orochimaru was supposed to be sealed, that may be bullshit since Sasuke no longer has the Cursed seal and the slight focus on the white snake.
I agree it was a very good ending to this horrible fight, and yes the poke on the head, I think, meant Itachi still had feelings for his little brother. All in all though in the end it was very detrimental to the story thus far.
dialdfordesi
I live in a giant bucket.

Post by dialdfordesi »

Am I the only one who noticed the curse seal blotches on Itachi's arm? Looks like he got bitten by Orochimaru's snake or something.
Trust me, I'm a doctor!
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

Yeah, I was thinking about that too. I wasn't sure if it was the curse seal or not, but now that I think about it, it probably was with that snake slithering around. Heh, unless that was just a hint, but it did look like he had been poisoned or something.
Deathbringer
n00b eater

Post by Deathbringer »

Didn´t notice that, might just be what really killed him.

Maybe we´ll know exactly what happened in the next chapter.
ShinigamiGuts
n00b Smasher

Post by ShinigamiGuts »

they weren't seals on his arm just blood
no idea what the snake could mean just slithering out like that
Grahf
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Grahf »

well whatever the white snake meant. Its no more since it burned.
"Context is for Kings"
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

Just more symbolism I guess. *shrugs*
Sandman
Dirty Sennin

Post by Sandman »

So long Itichi... now what is Sasuke going to do ???? go back to the leaf hahahahahahaha well anyway I hope the Madrara fight is a good one... its been a while since I have seen a real good fight... probably since Shiskamaru's revenge fight.
Thank you sir, may I have another :twisted: :whip:
fujinsan
Flexing spam muscles

Post by fujinsan »

true that was the last decent fight lol. Well Madara pwned them in my opinion
Grahf
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Grahf »

Sandman wrote:So long Itichi... now what is Sasuke going to do ???? go back to the leaf hahahahahahaha well anyway I hope the Madrara fight is a good one... its been a while since I have seen a real good fight... probably since Shiskamaru's revenge fight.

Smoking crack huh? Jiraiya vs. Pain fight was just another one of those shitty fights I guess.
"Context is for Kings"
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

Grahf wrote:Smoking crack huh? Jiraiya vs. Pain fight was just another one of those shitty fights I guess.
Thank you Grahf. I don't know what they're on, but at least we ain't forgot about the old man just yet. Hell, that was prolly the best damn fight in Naruto, heh.
Sortep
n00b eater

Post by Sortep »

I whole heartedly second that. Even the 3rd (if still alive) would've shit himself had he seen that fight. Do they television in Naruto Hell?
Bow to Golbez
Sandman
Dirty Sennin

Post by Sandman »

oh yeah I guess I frogot about that one... but come on was it a great fight??? I think not it was a good fight... I liked how Jiraiya on the brink of death came back to life and inscribed some numbers on the back of a frog... well he is only human.
Thank you sir, may I have another :twisted: :whip:
fujinsan
Flexing spam muscles

Post by fujinsan »

the best fights in naruto thus far is the sasuke vs. naruto one and the shikamaru vs. the two immortal akatsuki members. All the others are rubish to me, but this is only opinion based so think whatever you want.
Grahf
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Grahf »

Sandman wrote:oh yeah I guess I frogot about that one... but come on was it a great fight??? I think not it was a good fight... I liked how Jiraiya on the brink of death came back to life and inscribed some numbers on the back of a frog... well he is only human.
How many other fights captures the feeling desperation? Not too many. Perhaps the thirds last battle, both battles against the "immortals", Jiraiya's last battle, Itachi v. Sasuke and the three battles that were going on as Naruto chased Sasuke.
"Context is for Kings"
fujinsan
Flexing spam muscles

Post by fujinsan »

I've grown slowly not to even care about the story it's strayed so far, but recently the story has began to service. Although you must admit you don't even know why this manga is the most popular do you?
Deathbringer
n00b eater

Post by Deathbringer »

This shit is actualy pretty interesting right now, i have no idea where the story is going with Itachi´s past.
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

Yeah, now we're getting uber flashback in Naruto, they're really trying to wrap shit up. You got to go back to the beginning to understand the end. This is definitely intersting. There may still be hope for Itachi as a character yet, and that's one of the best parts. Come on, that "I'll steal your eyes" shit was kind of lame of him. He was actually ordered to do what he did, I love the truth. ;)
Deathbringer
n00b eater

Post by Deathbringer »

I was very pleased when Madara said that Itachi did in fact kill the clan and pretty surprised that it was on orders from Konoha. Not only does it make Itachi's decision more believable and tragic, it also adds convolution to Konoha. It is easy to forget but Konoha is a ninja village in the business of warfare, it's past is rooted in killing and fighting and in that type of environment difficult decisions come about as a necessity. Up until now, the Leaf has been regarded fairly idealistically and the greater good of all ninja factions, while the other villages have been shown to have their dark sides, Konoha has been consistently been portrayed as a force of good, at least generally. There have been some indications of the village making questionable choices in the past, such what happened with Neji's father, but nothing on a large scale. This could bring a whole new level of realism and depth to the story that I honestly felt would never happen in Naruto.
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

Yeah, I agree. That's a good way of putting it.
fujinsan
Flexing spam muscles

Post by fujinsan »

Well I think I knew about good old madara before anyone, like a year ago. I still find it hilarious, that most of what I thought would happen did. I think I should be worshiped now, like some kind of ordinary person long ago, ooooooohhh yeah JESUS.
Last edited by fujinsan on Thu May 29, 2008 5:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deathbringer
n00b eater

Post by Deathbringer »

Konoha´s backstory was about the highest point Naruto ever had as a manga.

And now Sasuke has gained a new low as a character.
Grahf
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Grahf »

thats hard to imagine cuz Sasuke has always been the lowest of the low.

edit: Well Sasuke just hit that new low.
"Context is for Kings"
Albator
Hikikomori

Post by Albator »

Actually, he's not that low. He got his family murdered in front of him, it's normal for him to have a grudge against the perpetrator, even if it is brother. In a way, it was admirable how unrelenting he was to reach his goal no matter the consequences, not a bad anti-hero. That was never my problem with Naruto in general.

... at least until this chapter came out. What a tool he is. Talk about a cunning ninja, can he take a hint!?

And what the fuck are those eyes. Soon he will have rainbow eyes, that will suit him better.
Grahf
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Grahf »

well my major problem with Sasuke was never his motivation it was everything else about him.
"Context is for Kings"