Watanabe 1-2

Evil-Genius' latest information on its current projects: Angel Heart, Biomega, Watanabe, and Zetman.

Moderator: EG Members

psi29a
Godo

Watanabe 1-2

Post by psi29a »

We at EG are proud to bring you...

[Evil_Genius]Watanabe_v01c001-002

bananananannanana!

:D
barbapapa
imanewbie

Re: Wantanabe 1-2

Post by barbapapa »

Great choice of project!
I recently got into Cherry and Chocolat, by the same mangaka, and his style is _very_ enjoyable.
miyagiCE
Tastes like burning!

Post by miyagiCE »

Isn't it!? Finally someone who agrees with me! :)
And if you're into his work, I have a little gem by the author coming up once I can find a translator for it. :)
By the way, great avatar. Shuuzou sure is one leet bastard.
barbapapa
imanewbie

Post by barbapapa »

miyagiCE wrote:Isn't it!? Finally someone who agrees with me! :)
And if you're into his work, I have a little gem by the author coming up once I can find a translator for it. :)
By the way, great avatar. Shuuzou sure is one leet bastard.
The only other title of his that I know is Tsurumoku Dokushin Ryou; are you looking into reviving that, or something different altogether? :)
I heard that one is pretty darn good, too, though.
miyagiCE
Tastes like burning!

Post by miyagiCE »

Nah, it's not TDR. Truthfully speaking, I didn't like it all that much despite being an Eisaku manga. Maybe it's because the only scanlations available aren't up to par with today's standards; I don't know.

I have raws for a one-shot (as in one volume, not one chapter) of his. It's not listed on Manga-Updates or Wikipedia, and I only found it by chance, but from the looks of it, and from what my proofreader says, it's hilarious. I had a potential translator for it, but it turns out that he's too busy with work to do scanlation.
barbapapa
imanewbie

Post by barbapapa »

miyagiCE wrote:Nah, it's not TDR. Truthfully speaking, I didn't like it all that much despite being an Eisaku manga. Maybe it's because the only scanlations available aren't up to par with today's standards; I don't know.

I have raws for a one-shot (as in one volume, not one chapter) of his. It's not listed on Manga-Updates or Wikipedia, and I only found it by chance, but from the looks of it, and from what my proofreader says, it's hilarious. I had a potential translator for it, but it turns out that he's too busy with work to do scanlation.
I haven't read TDR's scanlations either, because those PRISMS scans are so hella ghetto.
But a friend of mine read all of it in Japanese, and said it was very well done, and hilarious.

Anyhoo, what's that 1-volume manga called?
uncempt
Buzkashi wannabe

Post by uncempt »

barbapapa wrote: Anyhoo, what's that 1-volume manga called?
Sounds like he ain't telling just yet. :P
miyagiCE
Tastes like burning!

Post by miyagiCE »

I told him on IRC, so nobody would steal this little gem. 8-)
LordMune
Femto's Favorite Member

Re: Watanabe 1-2

Post by LordMune »

I deliberately didn't check up on this during the translation/editing/QC process, so I could see it with unspoiled eyes in all its finished-release glory.

It is good. Better than I expected, and that's saying something [hint: EG doesn't do crap projects].
"I love a buz" - LordMune, 2012
barbapapa
imanewbie

Post by barbapapa »

Anyway, I got myself the TDR raws, and they look pretty good. (I have to wonder what kind of crapscans PRISMS was using) So fingers crossed that I'll find a translator now.

Not sure why I'm posting this here. If you know someone, send them my way I guess ;p
miyagiCE
Tastes like burning!

Post by miyagiCE »

I'm glad to hear that! I really hope you can find a translator for TDR (I take it you're gonna start from volume 1?), and of course I'll point one in your direction should I come across one. The translator I messaged about that other project still has to reply. :(
barbapapa
imanewbie

Post by barbapapa »

miyagiCE wrote:(I take it you're gonna start from volume 1?)
Yeah no doubt, if I can get this thing going, I want it done properly.
barbapapa
imanewbie

Post by barbapapa »

This is slowly becoming the Kubonouchi Eisaku topic, but I doubt anyone minds :P
Anyway, just here to inform that Cherry recently ended at 4 volumes. Good length for seinen manga, imo ;)
miyagiCE
Tastes like burning!

Post by miyagiCE »

Mmm, it ended already? =(
The length itself is good for a seinen manga, but I thought there'd have been plenty of stuff to do with the story. Well, can't wait for AnimeWaves to catch up. :D