::Naruto::

Have a fetish for dead wood comics, or you just like the better story development of the Manga? Post about 'em here.

Moderator: EG Members

Starnum
Elven King

Re: ::Naruto::

Post by Starnum »

Um, if Orochimaru is going to come back, it's obviously going to be through Kabuto. That will probably happen at some point, but I too think that Orochimaru coming back at all would be ghey. I just never really liked the snakey bastard, but that's me. *shrugs*
Deathbringer
n00b eater

Post by Deathbringer »

Um, if Orochimaru is going to come back, it's obviously going to be through Kabuto.
How the hell is he going to come back through Kabuto? He just added Orochimaru´s dead flesh to his own body and that´s eating him alive, there´s nothing more to Kabuto´s situation right now.

The author isn´t going to pull that retarded, lame plot twist of MGS2 i hope.

Mark my words, it´s going to be through Sasuke and it´s going to happen soon enough.
That will probably happen at some point, but I too think that Orochimaru coming back at all would be ghey. I just never really liked the snakey bastard, but that's me. *shrugs*
Hehe, as for me, he´s my favorite character. Naruto, as shonen as it is, is not about power levels (unlike Bleach and One Piece) and still people just took a big steaming dump in their pants if they even saw him. (Kakashi for one)

He was like the ultimate villain in the story, then the Akatsuki came and he got a little sidetracked and not given as much "reputation" which only makes it lamer since the Akatsuki are dropping like flies.
Grahf
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Grahf »

Even if Oro is your favorite character why would you want him to come back through Sasuke? Just the thought of it is absolutely stupid.
"Context is for Kings"
Deathbringer
n00b eater

Post by Deathbringer »

Grahf wrote:Even if Oro is your favorite character why would you want him to come back through Sasuke? Just the thought of it is absolutely stupid.
Because that´s where Orochimaru spirit was imprisoned. Go read Sasuke x Oro again.
Grahf
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Grahf »

perhaps you missed what i said? Why would you want him to come back like that. That is plain stupid when he already implanted that Kuboto is going that route anyway. Not to say that I like what is being done with Kuboto as well. I just don't see the need for Oro to come back its obvious that this manga has moved beyond him.
"Context is for Kings"
Deathbringer
n00b eater

Post by Deathbringer »

perhaps you missed what i said?
Sorry, i misread what you said.

Why would you want him to come back like that.
Well, i just said that he´s my favorite character who got a very shitty defeat by Sasuke and deserves better, that should be reason enough on a personal level.

That is plain stupid when he already implanted that Kuboto is going that route anyway.
Jesus, do have to repeat myself again? Kabuto got 2 pounds of dead flesh and put it on himself, that does not makes him Orochimaru.

Not to say that I like what is being done with Kuboto as well.
Me too, at least we have a clear idea what he´s doing and what he´s thinking but i still say the same, Kabuto =/= Orochimaru.

Code: Select all

I just don't see the need for Oro to come back its obvious that this manga has moved beyond him.
I disagree since Orochimaru is still "technically" alive and still a direct threat to Sasuke, the story has been hinting at his return, especially with the Snake shadow appearing on Sasuke´s eye the last chapter.
Grahf
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Grahf »

The only reason the whole Kaboto thing is brought up is because.................. Kishi had that great brainstorm to do it. I don't know what he was thinking when he did it.

Anyway the other reason why I say this manga is going away from Oro is. Pain has solidified himself as one of 'the guys'. We dont' know where Madara stands motivation wise. But that remains to be seen, Sasuke has too much on his plate to throw that into the mix as well. But not like I really care I hate sasuke anyway.

edit: I agree somewhat that Oro deserved better. But he already has had numerous good/great fights. Plus based on how he was (with the body transfers and what not) he got what he deserved.

edit2: Is that the type of ending you wanted to for Oro? Cuz I think it would have been better fro him to just be dead.
"Context is for Kings"
fujinsan
Flexing spam muscles

Post by fujinsan »

to tell the truth i hate oro as much as i hate sasuke so why the hell is kishimoto going to bring him back, that would set naruto back 3000000000000000000000000 years
Grahf
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Grahf »

fujinsan wrote:to tell the truth i hate oro as much as i hate sasuke so why the hell is kishimoto going to bring him back, that would set naruto back 3000000000000000000000000 years

Didn't see the newest chapter yet huh? IT was truely a Krilan moment from DBZ.
"Context is for Kings"
fujinsan
Flexing spam muscles

Post by fujinsan »

Grahf wrote:
fujinsan wrote:to tell the truth i hate oro as much as i hate sasuke so why the hell is kishimoto going to bring him back, that would set naruto back 3000000000000000000000000 years

Didn't see the newest chapter yet huh? IT was truely a Krilan moment from DBZ.
krillin dbz moment how so? I read it and saw nothing, that chapter was utterlly pointless I'm losing interest in this manga when it starts getting good again tell me
Grahf
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Grahf »

remember in one of the movies there was a big build up to kirllan attacking the enemy only to have him get slapped in the end. Thats what this chapter was like to me.
"Context is for Kings"
fujinsan
Flexing spam muscles

Post by fujinsan »

well that happens in almost every dbz movie now that i think of it.
Deathbringer
n00b eater

Post by Deathbringer »

Holy shit talk about the Devil, i wasn´t expecting him so soon.

But shit that was pretty pointless, Orochimaru got two incredibly anti-climactic "deaths":

Oro: GOD DAMN IT, I´M KICKING SO MUCH ASS RIGHT NOW!!

Itachi: Sealing sword lol, back to your boy toy.

It´s like this chapter was JUST to show he´s alive and kicking.

Just to be sealed again.

For "eternity".

Bullshit.
Grahf
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Grahf »

Well I expected him to lose to whomever he confronted. but Like that?? I would have rathered seen him against Pain.
"Context is for Kings"
Artezul
Flexing spam muscles

Post by Artezul »

What a waste of ink and time, this manga is definitely in a slump.
"Don't you get it yet?! If she's beautiful, you'll die instantly!!" Chopper
ddem1
Augh! Bright sky fire burn eyes!

Post by ddem1 »

And thus Kishimoto shits on Orochimaru's character all over again. Seems Kishi is on them diarrhea pills again :lol:
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

LMAO @ the new chapter.

Okay, so Oro makes an appearance after all. I'll give you some credit for that one Deathbringer. However, it was still pretty lame, like I knew it would be. All I ever meant about him appearing from Kabuto, is the way that Kabuto was already partially turning into him. I mean, didn't you see all that shit he said about either surpassing Orochimaru, or else he'd be consumed by his cells and just turn into him? Well, in anycase, we have one guy who took his soul and another who took his flesh (he infused it with his own, he didn't just wear it like leatherface, lol). Still plenty of chances we'll see the snakey bastard again, heh. I mean, there is a very real chance that Kabuto could turn into an Orochimaru clone, or some shit. I just hope not, heh.
fujinsan
Flexing spam muscles

Post by fujinsan »

Starnum wrote:LMAO @ the new chapter.

Okay, so Oro makes an appearance after all. I'll give you some credit for that one Deathbringer. However, it was still pretty lame, like I knew it would be. All I ever meant about him appearing from Kabuto, is the way that Kabuto was already partially turning into him. I mean, didn't you see all that shit he said about either surpassing Orochimaru, or else he'd be consumed by his cells and just turn into him? Well, in anycase, we have one guy who took his soul and another who took his flesh (he infused it with his own, he didn't just wear it like leatherface, lol). Still plenty of chances we'll see the snakey bastard again, heh. I mean, there is a very real chance that Kabuto could turn into an Orochimaru clone, or some shit. I just hope not, heh.
that would be discusting eww
Deathbringer
n00b eater

Post by Deathbringer »

Starnum wrote:Okay, so Oro makes an appearance after all. I'll give you some credit for that one Deathbringer. However, it was still pretty lame, like I knew it would be.
Well, it shows that the author can make a consisting storyline with credible events within the universe he created. How he handles the rest is the problem.

Personally i thought it was pretty awesome with the 8 headed Orochi fighting with Susano (sp?) like the japanese legend...until the bullshit arrived and he got sealed again like he never fucking appeared in the first place.

All I ever meant about him appearing from Kabuto, is the way that Kabuto was already partially turning into him. I mean, didn't you see all that shit he said about either surpassing Orochimaru, or else he'd be consumed by his cells and just turn into him? Well, in anycase, we have one guy who took his soul and another who took his flesh (he infused it with his own, he didn't just wear it like leatherface, lol).
That´s pretty much it. One got the soul, the other got the shell and both have negative effects. Kabuto is different since Orochimaru has experimented himself so many times and stuck so much drug and shit like that that it´s now eating him alive, but all that talk about surpassing Orochimaru was result of his twisted influence of Naruto´s "Gonna be the best" way of thinking. That part i enjoyed alot, it was the complete opposite from all the anti-heroes getting their "eyes opened" by that same life philosophy. But i´m not even sure if he knows that the meat is infecting him, we got that information by Hinata, not Kabuto.
Still plenty of chances we'll see the snakey bastard again, heh. I mean, there is a very real chance that Kabuto could turn into an Orochimaru clone, or some shit. I just hope not, heh.
Most likely in another key situation regarding the more "epic" plot rather than this personal vendettas. Still, the author wasted a great opportunity of making an epic scene.
Grahf
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Grahf »

ddem1 wrote:And thus Kishimoto shits on Orochimaru's character all over again. Seems Kishi is on them diarrhea pills again :lol:
I can't disagree with you more. Oro caused the most havoc in the manga thus far. He escaped deaths numerous times. So when he finally does die its not going to be riding off into the sunset. He got what he had coming. the death of Jiriaya marked the end of the sanin era. So if anyone is going to get crapped on its Tsunade.
"Context is for Kings"
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

Grahf wrote:So if anyone is going to get crapped on its Tsunade.
No, that's what Jiraya was gonna do when he got back, but sadly he never made it. :?

Okay, bad joke...nvm.
Grahf
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Grahf »

OMG so can we guess where this is going?
"Context is for Kings"
ShinigamiGuts
n00b Smasher

Post by ShinigamiGuts »

Itachi reminded me of that scene from DMC 4 when Nero first get's his Devil trigger.
''If I become a demon so be it.''
Still.... =/
ddem1
Augh! Bright sky fire burn eyes!

Post by ddem1 »

Grahf wrote:OMG so can we guess where this is going?
Sasuke on the Madara hunt? :OWTH:
Deathbringer
n00b eater

Post by Deathbringer »

Looks like Susaano uses life force instead of chakra which explains how Itachi was able to use it.

Meh, great ending to a shitty fight overall. The poke on the head said more for the depth and flow of this story than any mighty attack could have. I liked it.

And even though it was said that Orochimaru was supposed to be sealed, that may be bullshit since Sasuke no longer has the Cursed seal and the slight focus on the white snake.
Last edited by Deathbringer on Fri Mar 14, 2008 11:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.