::GANTZ::

Have a fetish for dead wood comics, or you just like the better story development of the Manga? Post about 'em here.

Moderator: EG Members

Starnum
Elven King

Re: ::GANTZ::

Post by Starnum »

Oh, ok, thanks. Man, their website is horrible. It's so cluttered and there are tons of pop-ups now. Ah well, got the new chapter now, so I guess it's worth it.
Albator
Hikikomori

Post by Albator »

It's not if you register a nickname. I don't know why they do this though.

Gantz pacing is so damn slow.
Libaax
Of The Abyss

Post by Libaax »

The new chapter was semi interesting. Things are going so bad for both teams now. The retreat and die by out of bounds death is crazy deal.

They need very badly a berserker like Kurano right about now.

Yeah the pace is slow.

But having read recently 245-267, it was very interesting seeing the Osaka team and their attitude to the game. The guy that f'**** aliens was crazy. The funniest part of the arc was when the alien female he was doggy styling didnt want him to stop when the bird like alien talked her and seemed angry.

The most impressing thing so of the arc is Katou,the way he cares about saving people. How hard he fought for others. Reika's cowardice leadership of the tokyo team is disgusting.
The ink of a scholar is worth a thousand times more than the blood of the martyr- The Quran
dialdfordesi
I live in a giant bucket.

Post by dialdfordesi »

Yeah, Katou is a real stand up guy and that alien fucker is crazy. I was dumbfounded when the dude fucked the big alien's mouth. On another note, that special suit looks crazy badass.
Trust me, I'm a doctor!
Libaax
Of The Abyss

Post by Libaax »

Has they ever mentioned this strongest member of Osaka team before ?

I thought the invinsible guy was the one that was strongest having cleared the game 7 times before.
The ink of a scholar is worth a thousand times more than the blood of the martyr- The Quran
The Prince
Tastes like burning!

Post by The Prince »

Dominion wrote: "i just want my finger back."
sounds like after the battle he's gonna do some "cleaning"
BTW, where's that metro vamp fucker hiding out at?

I hope he winds up attacking that monster and his head explodes.....dumbass Kurano killer.

Also, what up with that crazy "pin pop popon" sound that accompanies the 100-pointer? And what is he actually doing to make everyone's limbs shred apart?

I heard an inside scoop the guy driving the mech is non-other than that Gantz Panda.
Let's put a smile on that face...............
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

Libaax wrote:Reika's cowardice leadership of the tokyo team is disgusting.
That's true, I agree. They were in a tough spot in the new chapter though, with the boundary limit behind them. The guy that called Reika's plan in the new chapter cowardly, the idiot who fucked that one alien when he thought it was her, I fucking hate that guy. He's the biggest coward of all, and a total douche. Him and metro vamp can go fuck off and die together. Yeah, the Gantz mecha is pretty nice looking. Pretty sure that's the Osaka team leader piloting it. As for the boss, he seems to have some kind of invisible death field around him. Not sure how it works, but just being near him is extremely deadly at this point. He's like the first 100 pointer we've actually seen, makes sense that's he's ridiculously tough, but damn.
Libaax
Of The Abyss

Post by Libaax »

Starnum wrote:
Libaax wrote:Reika's cowardice leadership of the tokyo team is disgusting.
That's true, I agree. They were in a tough spot in the new chapter though, with the boundary limit behind them. The guy that called Reika's plan in the new chapter cowardly, the idiot who fucked that one alien when he thought it was her, I fucking hate that guy. He's the biggest coward of all, and a total douche. Him and metro vamp can go fuck off and die together. Yeah, the Gantz mecha is pretty nice looking. Pretty sure that's the Osaka team leader piloting it. As for the boss, he seems to have some kind of invisible death field around him. Not sure how it works, but just being near him is extremely deadly at this point. He's like the first 100 pointer we've actually seen, makes sense that's he's ridiculously tough, but damn.

About Reika's leadership i was talking about when Katou left the team cause Reika said it wasnt their job to save people for getting killed. That was truly disgusting. The same from the other team members except the rider who atleast cares about the little kid.

That made Katou more impressing seeing him care about the people getting killed.

Metro vamp i hope he survives until they somehow revive Kurano. I want a revenge for Kurano :)
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

Oh yeah, I knew what you meant, and I totally agree with you. Ohhh, revenge for Kurono, not a bad idea. :twisted:
Deathbringer
n00b eater

Post by Deathbringer »

Still, Reika´s made the right decision concerning Nuri this time, that monster is probably the most dangerous alien they ever foguht and running was really the only viable option.
The guy that called Reika's plan in the new chapter cowardly, the idiot who fucked that one alien when he thought it was her, I fucking hate that guy.
Haha, that´s exactly what i thought when i saw the chapter, who the fuck is Inaba to tell Reika´s plan is a cowardly one? And Oka just to fuck with us never kill the fuck, he always puts him in situations of danger in each mission but he never bites it. Look at him, he lost one arm, one leg and fell on his head but he´s probably alive since his suit didn´t depleted. He´s like a cockroach, easy to get but hard to kill.

And Sakata was awesome, he´s been really taking chances in the last few missions and now he sacrificed himself for the team *and* told Cherry not to revive him since he thinks the clones aren´t real human beings. Now that´s bad ass right there.
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

*Looks at Deathbringer's post count* Nice! You should like, never post again (only not really), just so you can leave your post count at 666.

Sakata is awesome, but as for the "clones", they're all supposed to be dead anyway. I don't see anything wrong with bringing someone back, it's pretty much the same as how they got there in the first place. I don't really get why he's tripping on it. I guess it's just a way for the author to exposition another aspect of the plot.
Shiva
Mastered PM

Post by Shiva »

Late but ...
Libaax wrote:Has they ever mentioned this strongest member of Osaka team before ?
Yes. Katou's "new chick" introduced them all some chapters before...
Libaax wrote:I thought the invinsible guy was the one that was strongest having cleared the game 7 times before.
If you thought about Nishi you were simply wrong^^
Libaax
Of The Abyss

Post by Libaax »

Nishi ? Was that the punk that was one of the first in Tokyo team ? In GANTZ even at the early days with Katou,Kurano ?

Its little hard remembering having not read the manga for a long time. Specially the really old chapters.
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

Yes, that's Nishi, and he's never scored 100 points.
Libaax
Of The Abyss

Post by Libaax »

Heh no wonder i couldnt remember him, its not often you see him.
fujinsan
Flexing spam muscles

Post by fujinsan »

yeah i wouldn't mind if nishi just died it would be a great lol moment for me.
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

I actually like Nishi. I'd hate to think someone wasted 100 points bringing him back, just so he could go die again. Like I said before, he's a good asset to the team. Look at how he just came out of nowhere earlier and smoked the boss. Granted it didn't work, but if it had been any other non-100-pointer alien, they'd be a dead extraterrestrial right now. ;)
Libaax
Of The Abyss

Post by Libaax »

Starnum wrote:I actually like Nishi. I'd hate to think someone wasted 100 points bringing him back, just so he could go die again. Like I said before, he's a good asset to the team. Look at how he just came out of nowhere earlier and smoked the boss. Granted it didn't work, but if it had been any other non-100-pointer alien, they'd be a dead extraterrestrial right now. ;)

Heh who wasted 100 ps on him ? :P

I woulndt mind if he died either. Never liked the guy. He was a jerk against Kurano,Katou in the early days of the manga.
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

Yeah, but he was nowhere near as bad as Izumi. I can't remember who spent the points on him, but it was Kurono's idea to bring him back, and I support that decision, heh.
Libaax
Of The Abyss

Post by Libaax »

Remember why he brought him back ?

Izumi was a jerk but he redeemed himself and died a heroic death.
Finito
I live in a giant bucket.

Post by Finito »

Izumi almost made me quit this series, hope the fag doesnt comeback.
Shiva
Mastered PM

Post by Shiva »

Libaax wrote:Remember why he brought him back ?
As far as i remember the reason was to bring back someone who have more experience than others ...
Deathbringer
n00b eater

Post by Deathbringer »

To get some answers about Gantz´s origin and purpose, which Nishi never actually told him. Don´t remember why exactly.
Libaax
Of The Abyss

Post by Libaax »

Deathbringer wrote:
To get some answers about Gantz´s origin and purpose, which Nishi never actually told him. Don´t remember why exactly.
Heh seeing how little the guy cares about anyone else or even help them with questions talk about wasting points :P
Tonbo
Mastered PM
Location: I am the one who lives in the darkness, and shatters it.

Post by Tonbo »

Deathbringer wrote:
Because Nishi didn't know anything.

And he could have brought back t1ts or his insanely tall kung fu lover.

whata waste.