Is it okay to create a graphic section?

Way off-topic, and allowed! General discussions on anything and everything.

Moderator: EG Members

darkdarkasian
imanewbie

Is it okay to create a graphic section?

Post by darkdarkasian »

Is it? A lot of forums do. Why don't we? I see graphic threads are put into the general tab. People can learn to make good sigs and learn how to use PhotoShop. Doesn't seem to be a bad idea.
Eldo
Of The Abyss

Re: Is it okay to create a graphic section?

Post by Eldo »

You can feel free to try it out with a thread or two here, if it kicks off, then we'll think about it. I don't see the point of making a section if there is only 3 people interested with it.

Generally, we don't want to make a section that is completely inactive. I think we may have had it in the past, either back in DigtalPanic and a bit here, but yeah, we've gotten rid of sections that has no activity and compressed it and compact it into the forums it is today. We had other threads, like the official art thread, wallpaper, sig/avatar threads that are currently inactive, and I don't see the purpose of making an entire new topic if there's little interest in it.

I don't think half the toilet seats in the world are as clean as I should like; and only half of those are half as clean as they deserve. - tsubaimomo, July 26, 2010 3:00 am
lon3vvolf
n00b Smasher

Post by lon3vvolf »

Might not be a bad idea, but it might just turn into people posting random shiny things they like.

My sig however is the best. It stinks of awesomeness.
The Prince
Tastes like burning!

Post by The Prince »

darkdarkasian wrote:Is it? A lot of forums do. Why don't we? I see graphic threads are put into the general tab. People can learn to make good sigs and learn how to use PhotoShop. Doesn't seem to be a bad idea.
I've been playing around with photoshop as of late, I didn't realize all the cool things you can do with it.
Let's put a smile on that face...............
Libaax
Of The Abyss

Post by Libaax »

I wouldnt mind it.

I have always been noob like in that i never learned how to make good av,sigs in photoshop.

I wouldnt mind checking out the threads and learn from others.
The ink of a scholar is worth a thousand times more than the blood of the martyr- The Quran
Aetherfukz
Tastes like burning!

Post by Aetherfukz »

Frankly I think if someone wants to hone their PhotoShop skills I think there are forums more suited for it than this.
darkdarkasian
imanewbie

Post by darkdarkasian »

Aetherfukz wrote:Frankly I think if someone wants to hone their PhotoShop skills I think there are forums more suited for it than this.
Well that's true.

And I also agree with Eldo. It's pointless making a section in the forum that no one uses, but a Sig of the Week competition won't hurt if a few people participate in them.
psi29a
Godo

Post by psi29a »

Events and contests are a good thing (tm)! :) I highly encourage stuff like this, however we have had graphics section in the past, but there wasn't a lot of activity there to justify it's existence. It was rolled back into OTW.

If we get more people posting in the forums, new blood and activity... then we can start growing the forum out. Basically, bring more people then we grow the site.
darkdarkasian
imanewbie

Post by darkdarkasian »

Alright, I see what I can do.