::Bleach::

Have a fetish for dead wood comics, or you just like the better story development of the Manga? Post about 'em here.

Moderator: EG Members

Grahf
Crusher of Dreams

Re: ::Bleach::

Post by Grahf »

Tempz wrote:He hasn't even took off his eye patch..If he pulls a bankai outta his ass I'll be dissapointed. The only reason his character is so bad ass is because he doesn't need one.

I'm not going to say he doesn't need one because he does. But its already been set that he can find anotherway to be effective.
"Context is for Kings"
Tempz
Found the Edit button

Post by Tempz »

nooo kenpachi.. :[
War Machine
Tastes like burning!

Post by War Machine »

No way! Nobody has posted anything on the new chapter yet. Is ShinigamiGuts fine? Maybe he's hurt.

Anyway, the fight is over. How many espadas are left?
"Clearly my escape had not been anticipated, or my benevolent master would not have expended such efforts to prevent me from going. And if my departure displeased him, then that was a victory, however small, for me." - Raziel
ShinigamiGuts
n00b Smasher

Post by ShinigamiGuts »

I was getting my full body zaraki tattoo finished.
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

Just because Kenpachi slashed the hell out of Noitra, doesn't mean the fight's over yet. I mean, we haven't even seen Noitra's released state yet. I'm sure Zaraki will win, but it shouldn't be over yet, that would suck.
War Machine
Tastes like burning!

Post by War Machine »

I'd be hesitant to agree with you, but I just remembered that Noitora hasn't transformed. So the fight could continue for a bit longer.
"Clearly my escape had not been anticipated, or my benevolent master would not have expended such efforts to prevent me from going. And if my departure displeased him, then that was a victory, however small, for me." - Raziel
ShinigamiGuts
n00b Smasher

Post by ShinigamiGuts »

Of course it's not over. Every espada that has fought has transformed.
ShinigamiGuts
n00b Smasher

Post by ShinigamiGuts »

I really do think we're gonna see a bankai from zaraki though or at least a shinkai.
Shiva
Mastered PM

Post by Shiva »

His zanpakutō is always in released form so ...
ShinigamiGuts
n00b Smasher

Post by ShinigamiGuts »

so bankai it is!
ShinigamiGuts
n00b Smasher

Post by ShinigamiGuts »

or the pink haired chick will bust out something
Shiva
Mastered PM

Post by Shiva »

ShinigamiGuts wrote:so bankai it is!
Nooooooooo ... Kubo Tite will make fool of himself if Zaraki uses bankai on Nnoitora ...
War Machine
Tastes like burning!

Post by War Machine »

Yup, Noitora transformed. Zaraki needs to pull something out quick.
ShinigamiGuts
n00b Smasher

Post by ShinigamiGuts »

Zaraki is gonna bust out something. He still lost without his eyepatch.
BANKAI ROAR _______________ HIS SWORD NAME
Tempz
Found the Edit button

Post by Tempz »

I bet Yachiru is gonna pop outta no where and bust out a bankai.
Albator
Hikikomori

Post by Albator »

Tite has already made a fool of himself. Good job at destroying characters that we actually cared for. These captains are just here for show (read:fan service), no depth at all has been added to them. In fact they even look more shallow than before, like any one-dimensional moron. They are dumber than the espada they are fighting.

The only one that gets some sympathy is Mayuri, and it's just only because his crafty victory and because he had limited exposure before. Otherwise nothing new.

Bleach should have ended at the end of the Soul Society arc, with Aizen being ganged up. Where the hell is Yamato?
War Machine
Tastes like burning!

Post by War Machine »

He introduced a bunch of new characters at the same time during the Soul Society Arc, so most of the captains ended up without any backstory, but strongly suggesting a complex one. Zaraki's story of when he became captain was explained a little bit in the anime, and after loosing the fight against Ichigo, he asked his sword's name, suggesting that he would achieve Bankai eventually (or shikai if he hasn't done it already). They never elaborated more on that, but considering it's been a long time since he's fought anyone at his level, I can understand that he's a lot more powerful now.

Tite seems to be rushing with the story a bit to keep up with the anime, so it wouldn't surprise me if he skips a few flash-backs or explanations so that they can take up time on the anime rather than the manga. He hasn't destroyed any characters in my opinion, but there are a lot of backstory plot-holes that need filling.
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

Yeah, I don't think he's destroyed the characters either. Though it seems like all of the captains have had a power-up, if you ask me. The fighting is cool, but I would like to see more development with the characters as well, besides just the increase in strength. I seriously wouldn't be surprised to see Zaraki bust out a bankai at this point. Like Shiva said, his sword is always in a state of Shikai release, so maybe he finally learned the name of his zanpakutou. I don't think there's anything wrong with him gaining Bankai, it was kind of crazy that he didn't already have one. I know that shows how strong he really is, but he's a captain for freaks sake, he needs to have a bankai. That's just part of the natural development of shinigami, and I doubt he wants to fall behind or be under developed.
Deathbringer
n00b eater

Post by Deathbringer »

Am i the only one who loved the conclusion of Mayuri and Szayel´s fight?

Strangely enough, Kubo used those 2 characters to engage in a pseudo Science X Religious debate which was probably missed by most readers.

Christians (Which is obviously the the religion Kubo is referring too), generally speaking, seek to reach and perpetuate spiritual and physical perfection through out life and be rewarded and eventually receive enlightenment for their faith.

Well, while Szayel was glorifying himself to Mayuri, he compared himself to the rising phoenix who rises itself from it´s own ashes. Taking that in consideration and judging from his cover, that was probably a link to Jesus Christ himself who also raised from the dead.

I especially liked Szael´s cover, since he even has the wound from Longinus´ spear.

Science on the other hand, keeps seeking information of everything in every way possible through thorough experimentation and methods of every kind, switching the search of "perfection" to that of "Knowledge" which by some extreme religious wings is considered an act of sacrilege and could be compared to worshiping the devil, the reason why Mayuri´s was portrayed as Baphomet in his cover, a demon which is often linked to satanists cults.

I´m probably not wording this correctly but i was really impressed with this.
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

Sounds like you're reading too deeply into it to me, but maybe not, what do I know. Anyway, I did enjoy the conclusion to that fight either way.
Grahf
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Grahf »

Tite fucked up IMO when he had the kid captain and Renji come to earth during the espada invasion. He could have used those two roster spots for some character that (are important) dont have as much exposure. Though in this little altercation we have gotten to see some of the captains that lost during the Soul Society arc. But I mean where are the other captains like Yamamoto Genryuusai Shigekuni (with a name like that who isn't scared?), Shunsui, Ukitake, Sajin etc.. What was done with the three vacancies? When is Aizen going to slap around everyone again?

Hell when are Kisuke and Yoruichi going to cut loose? Instead of sending minions (Ichigo) off to doing the work for them?
"Context is for Kings"
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

Yeah, I really want to see Kisuke's bankai. Anyway, is it just me, or does it feel wrong that the captains seem to have powered up so much. I mean Ichigo beat both Zaraki and Byakuya. All things aside, whether they were fighting with their all or not (surely Kenpachi didn't hold back on Ichigo), then they just come in and start laying the smack down on the Espada? Well, Zaraki just got hella slashed back, but still. It's not like Ichigo hasn't gotten a lot stronger since then as well. It just kind of throws off my perception of how strong the captains are. Something doesn't seem right, in any case. Meh, Zommari was a pud anyway.
ShinigamiGuts
n00b Smasher

Post by ShinigamiGuts »

2 more days till bankai?
Grahf
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Grahf »

Starnum wrote:Yeah, I really want to see Kisuke's bankai. Anyway, is it just me, or does it feel wrong that the captains seem to have powered up so much. I mean Ichigo beat both Zaraki and Byakuya. All things aside, whether they were fighting with their all or not (surely Kenpachi didn't hold back on Ichigo), then they just come in and start laying the smack down on the Espada?
Well in Byakuya's defense he was extremely cocky so....... I could give him a pass he didnt' utilize all of his blades and what not. But Zaraki I really can't buy his power up at all either.
"Context is for Kings"
ShinigamiGuts
n00b Smasher

Post by ShinigamiGuts »

maybe next time zaraki