Newbie Berserk Discussion Thread

Evil_Genius' Berserk community, Kentaro Miura's epic masterpiece, still active and translated. (Please don't ask about older Volumes. Buy from DarkHorse and support Miura.)

Moderator: EG Members

Istvan
Crusher of Dreams

Re: Newbie Berserk Discussion Thread

Post by Istvan »

hbi2k wrote:Hey, here's a wacky thought. Why don't we spend the NEXT four pages arguing about whether a one-line joke at the expense of the LAST four pages of arguing was okay or not.

Wait, no, that's not what I meant. Let's do the opposite of what I just said and drop it, okay? Yeah, I think I like that idea better. (-:
Seconded. It's definately time to move on.
Tonbo
Mastered PM
Location: I am the one who lives in the darkness, and shatters it.

Post by Tonbo »

hahaha, fuck Rolos, you kill me. These last few posts were precious.
wolfman1718
imanewbie

Thersia

Post by wolfman1718 »

My first post. I have been reading/watching/obsessing berserk for about 6 years now. I recently started rereading the serious through the dark horse books and I never really thought about the daughter of the slug count before but this particular time I happen to notice that the way her eyes were drawn. They are drawn the same as Guts are in the eclipse, Furthermore she swore to kill guts. Mimura is not the type t leave open ends with resolution so i am drawn to the possibly that she might return as a demon. Her hate dread of guts could be enough to summon the godhand in the next arc of the story or maybe even this elf city arc. I am also awaiting the truth behind the story told in chapter 10. 4 angels descended upon the kingdom lead by gaiseric. Also interesting theory from the same chapter that the bottom of the prison could be another possible way to get to the godhand.
The Prince
Tastes like burning!

Re: Thersia

Post by The Prince »

wolfman1718 wrote:My first post. I have been reading/watching/obsessing berserk for about 6 years now. I recently started rereading the serious through the dark horse books and I never really thought about the daughter of the slug count before but this particular time I happen to notice that the way her eyes were drawn. They are drawn the same as Guts are in the eclipse, Furthermore she swore to kill guts. Mimura is not the type t leave open ends with resolution so i am drawn to the possibly that she might return as a demon. Her hate dread of guts could be enough to summon the godhand in the next arc of the story or maybe even this elf city arc. I am also awaiting the truth behind the story told in chapter 10. 4 angels descended upon the kingdom lead by gaiseric. Also interesting theory from the same chapter that the bottom of the prison could be another possible way to get to the godhand.
You obsess over Berserk but don't even know the name of the author.

WARNING: You're going to be flamed for starting a thread on your first post. To prevent future flaming, read the faq.

But I'll humor you.....

-First off I don't buy into the whole Theresia theory, I think she is long gone.....but who knows.

-Second, Windham (The Tower of Rebirth specifically) was built upon the ruins of where Gaeseric's empire once stood before being destroyed 1000 yrs prior. I once thought these events were to be mirrored by the fake eclipse in the retribution arc due to the whole parallels of taking place approximately 1000 yrs apart and the similarities between both towers.

-But as we saw in the fake eclipse, there was no decension of angels (Godhand?) nor a branding ceremony. Recall at the bottom of the Tower of Rebirth all the skulls were branded.

If you recall in Chapter 291, children spoke of a warning to leave Windham once the Kushan and fog are cleansed from the city. And spoke of a shadow covering the morning sun, and a veil of darkness that would encompass all of Windham. IMO this would be an indication of a full on eclipse, leading to the destruction (cleansing) of Windham and sacrifice all who remained in the city.....which would include the Midland Army. Griffith sacrificed the BOH, no reason to assume he won't do it again. Not to mention the convenience of the Apostle Army being available to participate.

This would be the event which will prove to mirror, the fall of Gaeseric's kingdom 1000 yrs prior, remains of which line the depth of the Tower in Windham. And once the mayhem of the eclipse is complete, I foresee Griffith recreating his new empire in his own twisted image. At that point the true evil nature of Griffith will finally be revealed to the masses.
Let's put a smile on that face...............
The Herald
Tastes like burning!

Post by The Herald »

It makes sense that you want a question answered, but don't create a new thread for your question, that doesn't really work. Not that I'm one to really talk, but every time I tried to create a thread it was to incite conversations between people. I've wondered about Theresa too, but I've also wondered about Rickert, and also about Isidro's past. The only thing that is certain with a story this complex is that Guts will have to confront Griffith and neither of them will let anything stand in the way of their plans.
Audentis Fortuna Juvet - Virgil
FightClub
Augh! Bright sky fire burn eyes!

Post by FightClub »

Interesting note, if you check near the end of that chapter, where she's sitting on the ground, there are two dragon slayers around her, anyone ever notice that?
wolfman1718 wrote:My first post. I have been reading/watching/obsessing berserk for about 6 years now. I recently started rereading the serious through the dark horse books and I never really thought about the daughter of the slug count before but this particular time I happen to notice that the way her eyes were drawn. They are drawn the same as Guts are in the eclipse, Furthermore she swore to kill guts. Mimura is not the type t leave open ends with resolution so i am drawn to the possibly that she might return as a demon. Her hate dread of guts could be enough to summon the godhand in the next arc of the story or maybe even this elf city arc. I am also awaiting the truth behind the story told in chapter 10. 4 angels descended upon the kingdom lead by gaiseric. Also interesting theory from the same chapter that the bottom of the prison could be another possible way to get to the godhand.
Oh and ideally, the first part of your post would have gone here.

New to the Berserk Forum? Have questions? Post Here First!

And the second part here.

Berserk Stupid theories

This would of saved you the flame which should follow with the below posts. Or this thread being moved to interstice, which it most likely will. Just as a note, anything you can bring up, most likely already has a topic for it. Use the search feature. I've gone some 200 posts now and I don't think I've created a single thread in the Berserk forum, which means you probably shouldn't either.
Rolos wrote:-He was born from a corpse? Has been killing (or assisting in the process) people ever since he was 5? Hahahaa...talk about having a shitty life. Its hilarious because he's not me.
The Prince
Tastes like burning!

Post by The Prince »

FightClub wrote:
This would of saved you the flame which should follow with the below posts. Or this thread being moved to interstice, which it most likely will. Just as a note, anything you can bring up, most likely already has a topic for it. Use the search feature. I've gone some 200 posts now and I don't think I've created a single thread in the Berserk forum, which means you probably shouldn't either.
Let's hope it stays that way.

Unfortunately the only thread I ever made got locked before anyone had a chance to reply. :(
Eldo
Of The Abyss

Post by Eldo »

Yeah, basically merged the 'Theresia' thread to the Newbie discussion thread. I was going to mock the hell out of it, but meh, wouldn't be particularly entertaining (for me).

So continue on with whatever it was about.

I don't think half the toilet seats in the world are as clean as I should like; and only half of those are half as clean as they deserve. - tsubaimomo, July 26, 2010 3:00 am
Istvan
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Istvan »

My first post. I have been reading/watching/obsessing berserk for about 6 years now. I recently started rereading the serious through the dark horse books and I never really thought about the daughter of the slug count before but this particular time I happen to notice that the way her eyes were drawn. They are drawn the same as Guts are in the eclipse, Furthermore she swore to kill guts. Mimura is not the type t leave open ends with resolution so i am drawn to the possibly that she might return as a demon. Her hate dread of guts could be enough to summon the godhand in the next arc of the story or maybe even this elf city arc.
Everything we've seen so far indicates that hatred is not enough to summon the God's Hand. First, you need a behelit to summon them. Second, the summoning will happen at the moment your dream (whatever it is) is destroyed, not when you desire revenge. Everything so far indicates there's no way she can summon the God's Hand.

By the way, the author's name is Miura.
Also interesting theory from the same chapter that the bottom of the prison could be another possible way to get to the godhand.
There are not locations which lead to the God's Hand. They're on a higher plane of reality, so they are located everywhere and nowhere. To meet them you just need to temporarily merge the two planes of existence somewhere, which is what the behelit is for. As The Prince pointed out, the remains at the bottum of the tower are just what's left over from an old summoning, much like the aftermath of the Tower of Rebirth.
cCmad
imanewbie

Post by cCmad »

Quick question:

When is the new volume coming out and how long normally is it between releases?

Thanks
psi29a
Godo

Post by psi29a »

cCmad wrote:Quick question:

Thanks
dunno
lon3vvolf
n00b Smasher

Post by lon3vvolf »

psi29a wrote:
cCmad wrote:Quick question:

Thanks
dunno
Thats it? I mean, thats all? I hope this is just a cruel joke someones playing... making a new name and asking such a question.
At least its written in a complete sentence.
MrFelony
E-Thug

Post by MrFelony »

my guess is cCmad is amazing amanda's evil sister qqnewb or wtf she was called. I mean if she steals her myspace page, why wouldnt she steal her avatar? but i think this post should go into stupid theories lol
Shiva
Mastered PM

Post by Shiva »

MrFelony wrote:my guess is cCmad is amazing amanda's evil sister qqnewb or wtf she was called. I mean if she steals her myspace page, why wouldnt she steal her avatar? but i think this post should go into stupid theories lol
Hahaha nice theory:p
Oro
Evil Genius

Post by Oro »

Need some help...i havent read berserk in a while, i am not sure what chapter i was on...last chapter i read was [spoiler]where the kashan invaded Midland(i think) and the Apostles came to the rescue[/spoiler] anyone know what chapter that was?

thank you.
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

Try chapter 276.
hbi2k
Augh! Bright sky fire burn eyes!

Post by hbi2k »

I don't know if this counts as a "newbie" question, but it doesn't seem to warrant its own thread:

Is there an "official" or "accepted" pronunciation of Silat? It seems to me that it should probably be "SEE-lott," but I could also see the first syllable rhyming with "eye," or I suppose the second syllable could even rhyme with "flat." I just don't know. Opinions?
Berserk: The Abridged Series: Beating a dead horse with another dead horse.
Tonbo
Mastered PM
Location: I am the one who lives in the darkness, and shatters it.

Post by Tonbo »

hbi2k wrote:I don't know if this counts as a "newbie" question, but it doesn't seem to warrant its own thread:

Is there an "official" or "accepted" pronunciation of Silat? It seems to me that it should probably be "SEE-lott," but I could also see the first syllable rhyming with "eye," or I suppose the second syllable could even rhyme with "flat." I just don't know. Opinions?
シラット, Shiratto

So... I suppose see-lot would seem the most accurate to me.
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

That's how I've always said it, see-lott.
Death&Rebirth
Mastered PM

Post by Death&Rebirth »

Isn't suppose to sound like...em...See-lat...?
Cyne
imanewbie

Post by Cyne »

Hi all, I just joined this forum after watching all the berserk anime episodes, and then reading all current 32 volumes of the manga... and now I'm having withdrawals... Hahaha.

edit: I just deleted my question - I got it answered looking around the forums.
depression is just anger without enthusiasm.
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

Cyne wrote:and now I'm having withdrawals... Hahaha.
Welcome to the club.
Cyne wrote:
edit: I just deleted my question - I got it answered looking around the forums.
Heh, from the sound of it, probably a wise choice. ;)
The Prince
Tastes like burning!

Post by The Prince »

Kind of a random question, but it definitely qualifies as a NEWB.

Could someone explain this to me.......

When people refer to the "RAW" volumes of a manga, as opposed to being "scanlated/translated" was does it imply?
Aetherfukz
Tastes like burning!

Post by Aetherfukz »

I can only answer that from a computer background but I think it implies exactly the same: RAW Data is unproccessed, uninterpreted, uncleaned and unmanipulated data. Quite fitting for a scan of a japanese manga that isn't edited yet, isn't cleaned up, isn't translated and isn't [all the other steps those guys go through before release].
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

Yeah, exactly. Raw means the scans are uncleaned, unedited, and still in Japanese. A lot goes into scantilations.