Funny Pictures..

Way off-topic, and allowed! General discussions on anything and everything.

Moderator: EG Members

Aetherfukz
Tastes like burning!

Re: Funny Pictures..

Post by Aetherfukz »

MrFelony wrote:well 70% of your pictures are red x's in white boxes. what's funny about that?
It's funny because it means you're using Windows! 8)
Tonbo
Mastered PM
Location: I am the one who lives in the darkness, and shatters it.

Post by Tonbo »

Aetherfukz wrote:
As a sidenote: All hail firefox. Till the end of this post I hit Ctrl+W instead of Ctrl+V to copy the link so the tab closed. Shift+Ctrl+T later and the tab was open again and all the text in the input box was still there. Take that IE! :D

Edit: Should work now, damn anti-hotlinking measures. imgred.com comes to the rescue!
Haha, those are pretty funny, and I learned about two new features/services!
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

Hm? I'm using windows and I can see them. *shrugs*

Anyway, this one is hilarious.

Aetherfukz
Tastes like burning!

Post by Aetherfukz »

Yeah you can see them now because I relinked the images to use the imgred.com redirection service. Phun.org where the pictures came from prevents hotlinking, but imgred copies the images and you then link only to the imgred image.

And the windows joke was because Red Xs are the domain of Internet Explorer. In Linux you will normally see [Image] instead of a red X, dunno if Firefox in Windows does that too or still displays the Xs, never looked for it.

And on topic: Sully really looked a lot like Paul Newman:

Tempest
Dirty Sennin

Post by Tempest »

Ugh, Crtl Alt Delete.
ImageImage
Aetherfukz
Tastes like burning!

Post by Aetherfukz »

You no like? Sure it's no

but it still got its moments.

Shaka Zulu
Buzkashi wannabe

Post by Shaka Zulu »

They sadly suck.
Until the lion learns to speak, the tales of the hunt will be(weak) told by the hunter
Tempest
Dirty Sennin

Post by Tempest »

My issues with CAD:

1.) The jokes aren't funny
- They are usually unoriginal or stupidly random
- The characters are horrible, horrible cliches. You have the typical guy who does CRAZY things (He's so crazy), his straight man friend that tries to get him out of those CRAZY situations, his girlfriend who is a gamer and rolls her eyes at his CRAZY shenanigans, but forgives him when one of those CRAZY things is to show here how much he loves her

2.)The style is atrocious
- Any character who isn't a new creation to the comics is undoubtedly cut and pasted from comic to comic (the same goes for backgrounds), and the new ones get to use all the same facial expressions, as if they were made in some kind of "Make your own Webcomic character" flash game
- Tim Buckley seemed determined to make every single comic a four panel, regardless of whether or not the joke (Or lack thereof) needs it. Whether there is one word of dialog or 3 pages worth, you can bet dollars to doughnuts that 99% of the time you're getting four panels, destroying any semblance of comedic timing or pacing.

3.) Tim Buckley is a Douchebag
- He's a douchebag in both real and virtual life, having walked out on panels and conventions and has created many guilds/clans in different games and then demolishes them in one night when he decides to stop playing the game
- He has a horrible God Complex (As many people in the field do) Ethan, who looks suspiciously just like how Buckley draws himself, is the "King" of Wintereenmas, his own made up holiday, and when he made us own gaming religion in the comic, who else could lead it but him?
- He can't take any criticism at all. Apparently if you go on his forums and say anything other than "OMG Tim you are a GENIUS!" you get perma-banned, especially if you bring up any of those guild/clan instances, or a rumor that Tim sent a naked picture of himself to a 15 year old girl. If you look HERE you see the end result of a program which targets an IP and tells you what WIkipedia articles it has edited and what it changed. Not only has he made it a job of his to eliminate any part of it that talks about criticsim, one day he thought it would be cool to change all of PvP's entry to "PvP sucks"

For a more venomous review of CAD, check out Your Webcomic is Bad and You Should Feel Bad

As for VG Cats, it was pretty funny until it degraded into being comprised solely of poop jokes and 4chan memes
ImageImage
Eldo
Of The Abyss

Post by Eldo »

My problems with CAD is that not only the jokes are unfunny, all sarcastic, but the guy has some ego issues too. He considers his opinions always right, is arrogant and puts down people who think otherwise. All his humour is derived from roots of sarcasm - which is fine if used in small amounts - but how am I supposed to laugh at it? There is no punchline to it. His response to various situations are sort of out of his own hatred towards the events; which is fine, but don't really need to broadcast it. Still, it's his webcomic that he's doing for free, he can do whatever he wants, but I'm just not enjoying what he does.

I don't think half the toilet seats in the world are as clean as I should like; and only half of those are half as clean as they deserve. - tsubaimomo, July 26, 2010 3:00 am
War Machine
Tastes like burning!

Post by War Machine »

I never liked CAD, but I had no idea the creator was so crazy. Deleting Wikipedia entries that criticize him? Damn!

I don't like VGCats much either, but they come up with something decent every once in a full moon. That's as good as video game comics get though.
"Clearly my escape had not been anticipated, or my benevolent master would not have expended such efforts to prevent me from going. And if my departure displeased him, then that was a victory, however small, for me." - Raziel
Aetherfukz
Tastes like burning!

Post by Aetherfukz »

I never read the rants CAD writes, I just surf there read the comic and get away again. Never new that dude had some fucked up ego like you and that link described. Damn. Whilte CAD isn't/wasn't outright funny at least I can spend time when I otherwise should be working :D - i normallly ready 3-4 webcomics (CAD, VGcats, Penny Arcade, GU Comics and the best of them: XKCD) and that's it.
Tonbo
Mastered PM
Location: I am the one who lives in the darkness, and shatters it.

Post by Tonbo »

Aetherfukz wrote:i normallly ready 3-4 webcomics (CAD, VGcats, Penny Arcade, GU Comics and the best of them: XKCD) and that's it.
Dude you're missing out.

Starslipcrisis -my favorite
Perry Bible Fellowship
We the Robots
Dr. McNinja
Saturday Morning Breakfast Cereal
PhDcomics -so real... so real.

Starslip and McNinja you got to start from the beginning though. Awesome stuff.
A lot of these got a mention in a Washington Post article.
PvP was also mentioned and I gotta admit the PvP story quality has really picked up over the past few months.
Sucks to hear about CAD... I'm still gonna read it, but now I feel a little guilty about it.
Same with Veronica Belmont on Engadget. I heard she was a bitch, but she's a pretty sweet tech reporter.
Her exposure of Leeroy Jenkins was classic.
Aetherfukz
Tastes like burning!

Post by Aetherfukz »

Tonbo wrote:Dude you're missing out.

Starslipcrisis -my favorite
Perry Bible Fellowship
We the Robots
Dr. McNinja
Saturday Morning Breakfast Cereal
PhDcomics -so real... so real.
I've tried out Perry Bible Fellowship and PhDcomics, both didn't appeal to me. Dr. McNinja I've read about but never had the time to check it out thoroughly.
Sucks to hear about CAD... I'm still gonna read it, but now I feel a little guilty about it.
Yeah me too :D

Edit: LOL

psi29a
Godo

Post by psi29a »

Gods we don't believe in!

MrFelony
E-Thug

Post by MrFelony »

haha that's funny
Tempest
Dirty Sennin

Post by Tempest »

Heh, that reminded me of my plan if I ever got to make a speech at my high school graduation. Every time someone gets up there they throw one up to their almighty, which I absolutely have no problem with, but then 3 or 4 people will got on with it for about 5 minutes like they are missionaries and the rest of us are all half naked tribal people nodding our heads and saying "Amen" to get at some of those relief supplies quicker. Anyway, I was going to make it a point if I ever got on stage (I didn't, I missed the cut for saluditorian by like 1 person, but I was in the class's top ten academics so it got me free parking :thumb: ) I was going to do my speech, and then at the end send up a prayer to "the one true god": Thor. At that point I would put on a viking helmet, grab a warhammer, place a stereo in front of the mic blasting "Immigrant Song" and do laps around the track since the ceremony was outdoors (The latter of which one guy actually did do during his speech about 2 years before me).
ImageImage
Buzkashi
Devourer of Children

Post by Buzkashi »

I yelled "Free Palestine" into the mic at my graduation.
A little philosophy inclineth man's mind to atheism, but depth in philosophy bringeth men's minds about to religion.
-Sir Francis Bacon, Of Atheism <---Did I make this my sig? This shits gay as fuck.
MrFelony
E-Thug

Post by MrFelony »

i shouted "free paris"

lol i wish. I graduated long before then
Eldo
Of The Abyss

Post by Eldo »

Yeah, I shouted 'sorry to the cleaners who had to clean my vomit' at someone's wedding.

I don't think half the toilet seats in the world are as clean as I should like; and only half of those are half as clean as they deserve. - tsubaimomo, July 26, 2010 3:00 am
dialdfordesi
I live in a giant bucket.

Post by dialdfordesi »

Trust me, I'm a doctor!
Aetherfukz
Tastes like burning!

Post by Aetherfukz »

psi29a
Godo

Post by psi29a »

hehehehhe....

halfnhalf
Conversation Killer

Post by halfnhalf »

hahah all funny, but that Religions of the World is a poster and I HAVE IT!
Aetherfukz
Tastes like burning!

Post by Aetherfukz »

That Lord Mario one is hilarious!
psi29a
Godo

Post by psi29a »

WoW....