PS3 Thread

Welcome to the official EG Gaming Buzkashi League (EGBL).

Moderator: EG Members

dialdfordesi
I live in a giant bucket.

Re: PS3 Thread

Post by dialdfordesi »

Those ones are the easiest, but just cruise around the city nailin some grinds and flips and you'll be able to do more. Also on the menu there's a list of tricks that you can try to pull off.
Trust me, I'm a doctor!
Aetherfukz
Tastes like burning!

Post by Aetherfukz »

Yay after a whole night of work I finally got Feisty Fawn running with the PS3 wifi. So now I am actually posting this from the PS3 XUbuntu system :D

Anyway it was kinda a feat for me (only been working with Linux for about a year now, so while I can get my way around I am nowhere near a Linux pro especially when it comes to kernels) compiling a fixed kernel with the wifi-fix, but now everything works like a charm. It is especially fast too, working with only 196MB RAM (256 MB from the PS3 although the graphics chip uses 64MB you cannot use). I'm just downloading like 300 mb of libs to compile gnash because while there is a flashplayer for Linux, there is non for the PPC64 architecture.

But at least streaming my favourite channel already works. GIGA.de was one of the only reasons why I wanted a digital sat receiver all the time (I got cable but there are only like 40 channels, and my favourite ones aren't) but now I can simply watch the livestream in PS3linux :D

Edit: concerning skate: It's not that I don't know the commands for the advanced tricks, it's just that my finger seems to be unable to do the moves. Whenever I try to do some diagonal move with the analog stick it turns out to become a half-circle, which most of the time is a pop shove it.
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

Speaking of Skate, I still haven't gotten to play that game online with any of you yet. So if any of you get the time, and see me on the PS3, and you feel like playing skate, then send me a message and let me know, and we can set something up. ;)
Aetherfukz
Tastes like burning!

Post by Aetherfukz »

I probably won't play any PS3 games in the next few days, have to enjoy the awesomeness of linux on the big screen, and of course I will have to install all the apps and games I need, and design the desktop to my linking :D
dialdfordesi

Post by dialdfordesi »

Starnum, I saw you online for like one second and then I got disconnected. Seems like I'll have trouble playing online since my wireless router and the cordless phones are both 2.4 GHz...freakin A...

Oh and Aether, have you not seen the skate. commercials? JUst keep practicing the moves and yell at your thumb when you mess up :P
Trust me, I'm a doctor!
Aetherfukz
Tastes like burning!

Post by Aetherfukz »

I've never seen a single skate commercial, but I usually only start yelling at my thumbs after 2 sipacks of beer or such :D

Edit: blahblah, shameless self-promotion: here's what I did to upgrade the hdd and install linux
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

Yeah, I played Skate for most of last night, and I got my rank on the leaderboards up to 500 something, which is actually pretty damn good. I've also almost mastered the inward heelflip to manual to 360 Hardflip, which is just pure ownage. If you do an advanced nollie flip trick and try to land it in manual, you'll actually land on your back wheels, which is pretty cool, because it's not as hard to do as I thought, and manualing on your back wheels is easier to steer then on your front. So anyway, I'm stoked about all that. Also got my headset to working properly, so if any of you wanna chat sometime, just hit me up. ;)
Aetherfukz
Tastes like burning!

Post by Aetherfukz »

Home looks really nice if, when it comes out, it is anything like in this trailer:

Plus I can't wait for Little Big Planet to come to the online store. That game looks cute and awesome at the same time, plus offers probably almost infinite replayability with the custom levels. On top of that the music is truly a catchy tune:

Developer walkthrough:

Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

Yeah, I'm looking forward to Home. If it'll ever freaking come out. :P
Aetherfukz
Tastes like burning!

Post by Aetherfukz »

I think Home will take its time to come out. Summer / Autumn maybe? But Little Big Planet is supposed to come out early february, yay!Edit: According to some new revelations LBP will come out in September this year. Boo Boo I say! But maybe a demo will be release months before.
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

Still dieing to play MGS4. They can't keep delaying it forever! T.T
dialdfordesi

Post by dialdfordesi »

I'm looking forward to MGS4 LBP and Home as well, but right now I'm stoked for Burnout Paradise.

On another note, Xbox 360 gets Yoda for Soul Calibur IV. We get Darth Vader. http://ps3.ign.com/articles/844/844634p1.html
Trust me, I'm a doctor!
lon3vvolf
n00b Smasher

Post by lon3vvolf »

dialdfordesi wrote:On another note, Xbox 360 gets Yoda for Soul Calibur IV. We get Darth Vader. http://ps3.ign.com/articles/844/844634p1.html
Yeah and I can totally see how they came up with which character goes to which system.
"Hey... Yodas green, Xbox is green... lets put him there! Oh, and look Vader is black and so is the PS3, it works out perfectly!"
:lol:
Aetherfukz
Tastes like burning!

Post by Aetherfukz »

Well at least they are kinda alike in their style. SC2 had it hard: Link was completely broken on the Cube (bombs and bow were hard to counter, but he was a blast to play), Spawn looked nice but played crappy, and that fist guy from Tekken was aweful too (altough he could rock hard in meelee I never thought he fit SC without any weapons but his fists).
Malvado
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Malvado »

I want to play as Yoda but Darth Vader is still too cool.
War Machine
Tastes like burning!

Post by War Machine »

PSM dedicated 3 whole pages to characters you could create in SC3 when it came out and between them was Anakin Skywaler and Obi Wan Kenobi. Coincidence? Yeah, I think so too.

If they bring that feature back (improved, of course) with the possibility of downloading new characters or sharing yours, SC4 would easily become a must-own title.
"Clearly my escape had not been anticipated, or my benevolent master would not have expended such efforts to prevent me from going. And if my departure displeased him, then that was a victory, however small, for me." - Raziel
lon3vvolf
n00b Smasher

Post by lon3vvolf »

If they only expanded on the character creation idea...
Think about it... let you use the PS Eye to take pictures and use them to create characters. You could take pics of your favorite characters and put them into the game. (I know SC3 had a robust character creation, but if they upped it in SC4 we could have some fun)
The possibilities would be endless.
Gutts - Siegfried
Caska - Sophitia/Cassandra
Griffith - Raphael(or most effeminate character in there)
Zodd - Astaroth
Silat(?) - Voldo

Thats just off the top of my head... but this might be better in the stupid theories thread.
Aetherfukz
Tastes like burning!

Post by Aetherfukz »

Judeau - Taki (:D but seriously she's the only SC fighter with 2 knifes)
Pippin - Rock
Corkas - hmm, did he ever do any fighting?
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

Aetherfukz wrote:Corkas - hmm, did he ever do any fighting?
I assume you're joking. Yeah, even though he's usually a coward, I've seen him kill some people.
Aetherfukz
Tastes like burning!

Post by Aetherfukz »

Yeah I was joking. We've seen him fight Guts and get his ass saved by Caska. In the Hawks' battles he was basically a rank and file trooper, and when Wyald raided the Hawks after they rescued Griffith, he was acting like their makeshift leader. But I cannot recall any section of the manga where he is shown fighting himself, not with soldiers around him that do exactly the same thing. Like Caska, Griffith and Guts of course, but also we've seen Judeau using his throwing knives and fighting with 2 knifes, Pippin smashing things up, and so on. From that we can make up good fighting styles for charakters in SoulCalibur. But Corcas hmm... Hyung Sun Han is too agile for him, Siegfried/Nightmare has too big a blade, and Sophitia has a shield. Haven't played SC in ages, but I don't remember any more fighters that only used 1 sword (Raphael again is too agile and stylish to cut as Corcas).

On another note - Voldo would make an awesome Silat :D
The Prince
Tastes like burning!

Post by The Prince »

Resistance 2 looks to be ridiculous.
Let's put a smile on that face...............
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

Oh? You mean ridiculously bad, or good?
halfnhalf
Conversation Killer

Post by halfnhalf »

psn: j-cart
Grahf
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Grahf »

I finally bought a ps3 last weekend. Today I finally got heavenly sword. Good game. I have couple more on my list of must gets. But other than that I could see why PS3 is struggling somewhat.
"Context is for Kings"
Aetherfukz
Tastes like burning!

Post by Aetherfukz »

I would completely recommend Bladestorm - the hundred years' war. I got over 60 hours of playtime now in that game and still enjoy it.