Movies of 2007

Way off-topic, and allowed! General discussions on anything and everything.

Moderator: EG Members

The Prince
Tastes like burning!

Re: Movies of 2007

Post by The Prince »

lon3vvolf wrote:Saw Aliens Vs. Predator:R.

Better than the first Vs. movie, still not as good as Aliens, or Predator 1. 3.5 out of 5... maybe 4 out of 5. Without spoiling anything in the movie I'll sum up what I didn't like... may have some minor spoilers.

Bad: A lot of focus on the human side. Not enough suspense. Many of the action scenes were filmed so close you can't tell whats happening. Story on the human part is minimal at best. Half the acting staff was horrible, though the bums in the movie deserve oscars heh. The ending will range from "meh" to disappointment depending on how much you like either race. Fucking humans... mess it all up...

Good: RATED FUCKIN "R!" for gonna RIP YOU A NEW ONE. Seriously, this movie kills its predecessor in terms of graphic violence and pushing the boundaries of "thats really fucked up"-ness. Interesting fights between the two species. Predators didn't get screwed over as much as in the first movie. The Pred-alien design was good. Couple characters actually... acted half decently. Lots and lots of killing :headbang: Did I mention peoples heads explode?
Johnny Depp would make a good predator. :roll:
Let's put a smile on that face...............
Shaka Zulu
Buzkashi wannabe

Post by Shaka Zulu »

One of many those things I will never get, is people willing going to cinema for AlienvsPredator, not nr 1 but 2! Like one hasnt learned ones foolish lesson from the first one.

I watched Revolver, and have any of you seen it? Please say you have, what a totally WTF movie...
Until the lion learns to speak, the tales of the hunt will be(weak) told by the hunter
lon3vvolf
n00b Smasher

Post by lon3vvolf »

Shaka Zulu wrote:One of many those things I will never get, is people willing going to cinema for AlienvsPredator, not nr 1 but 2! Like one hasnt learned ones foolish lesson from the first one.
First one I didn't see in the cinema, the pg-13 rating scared me away. It was worth my $6. However...
[spoiler]when a 8 year old kid sees his fathers hand melt off, and then dies in the first 10 minutes of the movie I don't mind seeing it. Plus the predator was such a BAMF in this movie it up for the 3 craptacular wussy ones in the first movie.[/spoiler]
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

Yeah, it's because it's rated R. That means it's bound to be better than the first one. ;P
MsNomer
Mastered PM

Post by MsNomer »

Saw National Treasure: Book of Secrets last night. It was enjoyable entertainment, though the plot holes were numerous and vast. I would watch it again but I would not pay $8 a person again. I really couldn't figure out the antagonist's motivation. It seemed a bit shallow and undeveloped. And for me, that is a key element to moving the plot forward. I did have a good time though. It's a nice ride.
How IS a Raven like a writing desk? [/b]
Shaka Zulu
Buzkashi wannabe

Post by Shaka Zulu »

I liked the first one for the enjoyable adventure it was, unsure if I will watch the second though, saw the trailer for it and man did they make the plot or excuse of a plot super ridicolous. Woooh, a super secret book of presidents....I gotta have it..."I'm gonna napp me some pres ass"...

And thanks Starnum, would have clarified the obvious to him in a much more rude and mocking way ;) But yours is as effective.
Until the lion learns to speak, the tales of the hunt will be(weak) told by the hunter
MrFelony
E-Thug

Post by MrFelony »

the president's book isn't a main point of the movie. I thought it wasn't going to be good, but i ended up enjoying it and my dad had thought it was better than the first (but he loves pluto nash so take that with a grain of salt :lol:)
Shaka Zulu
Buzkashi wannabe

Post by Shaka Zulu »

I will prolly like it anyway. Adventure movies me likey.

Just saw Babel, in short, amazing acting and a powerful movie. Especially Chieko part, had me tearing up.
Buzkashi
Devourer of Children

Post by Buzkashi »

Just saw Charlie Wilsons war. Really liked it. I thought all the actors did great jobs. Though the costume design on Julia Roberts I didnt like so much. 8.5/10
A little philosophy inclineth man's mind to atheism, but depth in philosophy bringeth men's minds about to religion.
-Sir Francis Bacon, Of Atheism <---Did I make this my sig? This shits gay as fuck.
MsNomer
Mastered PM

Post by MsNomer »

Good to know about Charlie Wilson's War... I am seeing it next week with my dad and I am soooo excited about going to see it! (Plus I think my dad is paying :wink: )
How IS a Raven like a writing desk? [/b]
Buzkashi
Devourer of Children

Post by Buzkashi »

Definatley worth a watch. I actually liked it alot better than I rated it. But I cant say a movie is great just cause I like it.
A little philosophy inclineth man's mind to atheism, but depth in philosophy bringeth men's minds about to religion.
-Sir Francis Bacon, Of Atheism <---Did I make this my sig? This shits gay as fuck.
Shaka Zulu
Buzkashi wannabe

Post by Shaka Zulu »

Movies with Julia Roberts are a bit of an automatic turn off for me. Hopefully she doesnt have that big/important role. Because Charlie Wilsons war is the type of movie I'm interested in.
Buzkashi
Devourer of Children

Post by Buzkashi »

Shes definatley a smaller supporting character. I mean you watch that movie to see Tom Hanks and Phillip Hoffman do some great work.
The Prince
Tastes like burning!

Post by The Prince »

Reading about him, it seems Wilson was even "crazier" (as in over-the-top), in real life, than the movie portrayal.
Let's put a smile on that face...............