Prediction of Gut's New Allies

Evil_Genius' Berserk community, Kentaro Miura's epic masterpiece, still active and translated. (Please don't ask about older Volumes. Buy from DarkHorse and support Miura.)

Moderator: EG Members

Arresty
Conversation Killer

Post by Arresty »

Femto wrote:Heh, this topic was started by caktus...
I know. Wierd. I guess n00bs can do something useful if they try enough times.
Femto
Devourer of Children

Post by Femto »

And try enough times he did. I mean, look at the first post in this thread, it isn't half bad. He actually gives his own opinions and doesn't just say: "w00t do u guyz think??!11?"

And the thread has kinda remained on topic also...
Eldo
Of The Abyss

Post by Eldo »

I don't feel much for this thread. It's a Caktus thread, but it isn't half bad either. He's grown out of the noob stages, since I was one of the people responsible for beating it out of him. I like to think I somehow 'educate' the lesser mortals through my 'ways' :wink: .

I don't think half the toilet seats in the world are as clean as I should like; and only half of those are half as clean as they deserve. - tsubaimomo, July 26, 2010 3:00 am
Buzkashi
Devourer of Children

Post by Buzkashi »

....Have i ever told you guys I hate the term n00b........
A little philosophy inclineth man's mind to atheism, but depth in philosophy bringeth men's minds about to religion.
-Sir Francis Bacon, Of Atheism <---Did I make this my sig? This shits gay as fuck.
Eldo
Of The Abyss

Post by Eldo »

Buzkashi wrote:....Have i ever told you guys I hate the term n00b........
Have we told you we don't 'care'? :P :P :P

But seriously. It's not that n00b is a bad word itself, but it's the content and the material that they are capable of during the early stages. All 'newbies' are automatically classified as 'noobs' in their early development, then it eventually wears off. We were all noobs once. I don't really see much offense in the word, nor do I take offense when labelled by someone else. Being called a noob is an indication that the material you are supplying is of little use to the forum. Try again next time.

I don't think half the toilet seats in the world are as clean as I should like; and only half of those are half as clean as they deserve. - tsubaimomo, July 26, 2010 3:00 am
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

Yes you have.

Anyway, I think Casca could be an asset to the team if she gets her memory back. She’s got skills, and I see no reason why Gatts would abandon the women he loves again. I sure hope he doesn’t, I like having her around.
Libaax
Of The Abyss

Post by Libaax »

Grahf: I didnt say Guts would find the strong people he need in the same country i meant he can go to several countrys to look for them.

Starnum:

I dont think iether he would want leave her but he might have to if he is gonna fight Griffith and co. I mean he cant protect her while fighting against them. And we all know that normal humans doesnt have a chance against them so she cant help in the fighting.
The ink of a scholar is worth a thousand times more than the blood of the martyr- The Quran
Grahf
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Grahf »

Libaax wrote:I dont think iether he would want leave her but he might have to if he is gonna fight Griffith and co. I mean he cant protect her while fighting against them. And we all know that normal humans doesnt have a chance against them so she cant help in the fighting.
So Cask is a normal human? The Brand alone raises her over most normal humans. She doesn't swing 6 ft swords or great Warhammers but she her sword play nothing to be triffled with. She really doesn't need much protection if she is on her game.
"Context is for Kings"
Libaax
Of The Abyss

Post by Libaax »

The brand doesnt make her stronger so she is normal human,everbody who isnt as strong or almost as strong as Guts are normal.

How could she be any able to help when one of them can kill Guts.

I miss monsters,chaos,death and stuff cause it made Berserk what it is. The last chapter has felt like an manga like OP,Naruto which isnt very good for Berserk.
The ink of a scholar is worth a thousand times more than the blood of the martyr- The Quran
Grahf
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Grahf »

I think it was said before that Guts really is strong but he isn't that strong. He has the perfect mix of all the qualities that make a great fighter. With that said who else out there is even close to him? Griff needed to become a god to surpass him and the (regular) apostles as you said could kill him but they won't and can't.

The fact that she "survived" the eclipse says many things. The most important is that she fights against fate whether its her fighting it yes or no doesn't matter. The Brand on her puts her above normal humans period. Gutts of course was the man before he got branded but with the brand his drive is godlike now. The brand has its on "special" power.
"Context is for Kings"
Concealed_Rage
imanewbie

Post by Concealed_Rage »

Caska was a good fighter and could be again, but even if she is again she would be no match for an apostle or even one of the stronger human soldiers/mercs. If you remember what SK said to guts after the eclipse "What you want, may not be what she wants", who to say she would want revenge on Griffith, she loved or cared for Griffith since he saved her as a child. Also coming to the eclipse she seemed to get more emotional, she may just want to forget about revenge, and morn the deaths of the band of the hawk. Just a theory but I doubt if she regains her memory she will want to chase after Griffith right away.
"He appeared right in front of me, and he wasn't a demon... but what looked like a human. As if he'd been yanked from before into the present unchanged. I gazed at him and for a second... I forgot to kill him."
- Guts from Berserk
Arresty
Conversation Killer

Post by Arresty »

Grahf - The Brand is a weakness if anything. It does not make you superhuman. Just because she has the brand won't mean she could fight any better, and the only reason she is still alive thus far is Guts, SK, and her child. She does nothing to help herself. She may be a strong fighter, but she couldn't fight an apostle. She can handle most humans. With the exception of the better humans, she could handle them, but this is also before the eclipse. Where Guts has been fighting and getting stronger, she has not fought once in 2 years. Her muscles are disappearing, as well as her skill. When/if she regained her mind, then she would not be near as good as she once was. And once again, the Brand has not super power built into it. It doesn't make you superhuman. It makes you someone living outside of fate, maybe, but nothing else.
Grahf
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Grahf »

Sorry if me saying:
Gutts of course was the man before he got branded but with the brand his drive is godlike now. The brand has its on "special" power.
Makes you think that I think it makes you think that I believe that it grants "superhuman" power. I said it has a "special" power that comes along with it. But that power does obviously have its many disadvantages as we all know. With that said if Caska had 2 straight years of sleepless nights in which she had to fight off specters and other aberrations of the night. I'm sure she could stand up to many regular apostles. She can't be "Enter the Dragon" or Zodd but all the normal cats I'm sure she would be able to handle.

But of course this is all speculation on my part of course. But the Brand isn't just a Powerful tool (like I see as being) or huge hindrance.

The brand is like a cattle prod hurts like hell but it would get you moving. That is how I see it.
"Context is for Kings"
|||||||
Mastered PM

Post by ||||||| »

well the fact she survived was because mainly pippin and judeau protected her for quite some time and because those freaky apostles wanted to fuck before they kill her. it was because she and guts where still alive when SK arrived. casca's ability is still there tough I also believe she is a bit out of shape and misses practice. against humans she wouldn't fail unless it's someone quite strong (like silat for example). but I don't think she could handle apostles since you need a weapon able to cut them down. remember the sword godot gave guts at first when he left casca...it broke in a minute. casca uses regular swords...which break like lollypops against apostles. I also can't believe casca would ever turn against griffith. no way.
Since love and fear can hardly exist together, if we must choose between them, it is far safer to be feared than loved.

Niccolo Machiavelli, The Prince
Arresty
Conversation Killer

Post by Arresty »

||||||| wrote:I also can't believe casca would ever turn against griffith. no way.
If you loved someone and they killed all your friends, in fact everyone you know at all, and then rapes you in front of your lover, how would you feel. Would you forgive the guy.
Libaax
Of The Abyss

Post by Libaax »

Casca wont care about Griffith when she regain her memory after what he have done....

I think the brand can be used a fuel for your anger if you are a person like Guts who wants revenge, i dont think Casca would want revenge after everything she saw in the eclipse,most likely she will want to forget everything.
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

Well she already did that. :P
Eldo
Of The Abyss

Post by Eldo »

Arresty wrote:
||||||| wrote:I also can't believe casca would ever turn against griffith. no way.
If you loved someone and they killed all your friends, in fact everyone you know at all, and then rapes you in front of your lover, how would you feel. Would you forgive the guy.
Um...I don't know, buddy. I haven't thought about myself being a woman in a man's body for a long time.... :shock: :oops:

Please disregard the last sentence. :lol: :lol: :lol:

As for the people who think Casca cannot deliver her share of whooparse against the apostle-like superpowered creatures, have you all forgotten about that scene where she beats one of the fake 'angels'?

Apparently not. :lol:

Gatzz
Mastered PM

Post by Gatzz »

Hehe, nicely done ;)

But about Caska not being able to forgive Griffith;
Even Gatsu felt some hesitation when he first met Griffith again. (at the graveyard of swords)
So I think it will be the same with Caska...
Concealed_Rage
imanewbie

Post by Concealed_Rage »

Come on why is caska fighting ability even being discussed, it is obvious at her prime she is no match for and apostle. I cant remember who said it maybe sk or the witch "to defeat a monster you must become a greater monster" caska by herself is just a bug to be squashed to the apostles, that is if she chooses to find and fight Griffith for revenge, and now I think that is a toss up, what she will choose, live a life fighting unexplainable horrors to get revenge on the man she loved/cared for and idolized since he saved her as a child or maybe be like Rickert and settle down and try to to forget everything. Like Guts said to Rickert when he wanted to go with guts when he found out about the eclipse, guts said he couldn't fight Griffith since he could never really hate him, I think caska would probably be like that too. though I hope I am wrong
"He appeared right in front of me, and he wasn't a demon... but what looked like a human. As if he'd been yanked from before into the present unchanged. I gazed at him and for a second... I forgot to kill him."
- Guts from Berserk
Dark_Zilo
Augh! Bright sky fire burn eyes!

Post by Dark_Zilo »

Gatzz wrote: But about Caska not being able to forgive Griffith;
Even Gatsu felt some hesitation when he first met Griffith again. (at the graveyard of swords)
So I think it will be the same with Caska...
i also think that but i doubt she will ever forgive entirely.
i think that given the choice she would've wished to be like this forever. she just wants to forget the whole incident
The most beautiful thing in life is life itself
Get bitten by me
Libaax
Of The Abyss

Post by Libaax »

Starnum wrote:Well she already did that. :P

I knew you were gonna say this right after i read my post :)

I think you know what i mean;)
Gatzz
Mastered PM

Post by Gatzz »

It is true it doesnt really matter if Caska forgives Griffith or not... At least not if we look at her fighting ability...
But then again... Griffith saved her from the falling rocks (after Zodd dove into the fairy-cave) so that is also his weak spot. Maybe Gatsu will use her for bait! :twisted:
Femto
Devourer of Children

Post by Femto »

Gatzz wrote:It is true it doesnt really matter if Caska forgives Griffith or not... At least not if we look at her fighting ability...
But then again... Griffith saved her from the falling rocks (after Zodd dove into the fairy-cave) so that is also his weak spot. Maybe Gatsu will use her for bait! :twisted:
Well, I don't think Griffith saved her in the "I can't let her die" kind of way. It's hard to tell, but maybe he felt sorry for her, maybe guilty. Maybe he just doesn't want people to die anymore, or maybe he just wanted to make Guts suffer by doing something he wasn't able to do. Whatever the case is, I wouldn't call Caska "Griffith's weak spot," both she and Guts are far beneath his notice now.

And I think Caska is way out of her league with the kind of enemies Guts is facing now, even at her peak.
Libaax
Of The Abyss

Post by Libaax »

Femto wrote:
Gatzz wrote:It is true it doesnt really matter if Caska forgives Griffith or not... At least not if we look at her fighting ability...
Well, I don't think Griffith saved her in the "I can't let her die" kind of way. It's hard to tell, but maybe he felt sorry for her, maybe guilty. Maybe he just doesn't want people to die anymore, or maybe he just wanted to make Guts suffer by doing something he wasn't able to do. Whatever the case is, I wouldn't call Caska "Griffith's weak spot," both she and Guts are far beneath his notice now.

And I think Caska is way out of her league with the kind of enemies Guts is facing now, even at her peak.
Since we are talking about Griffith its most likely that he saved her cause Guts couldnt at that time.