PS3 Thread

Welcome to the official EG Gaming Buzkashi League (EGBL).

Moderator: EG Members

Starnum
Elven King

Re: PS3 Thread

Post by Starnum »

Ouch, I bet Felony.

Wow, I got a whole 3 contacts on my PSN now. Who else is on there? Tell us your PSN ID, if you want, and we'll add you. ;)
Tonbo
Mastered PM
Location: I am the one who lives in the darkness, and shatters it.

Post by Tonbo »

I just bought my first real ps3 game... Rock Band.
AND I CAN'T PLAY IT BECAUSE IT REQUIRES SOME SORT OF BIZARRE MINI SCREWDRIVER THAT'S NOT INCLUDED.
ugh.

I've pretty much shredded all the packaging hoping one would magically materialize from the cardboard ashes so I can get into the freaking battery bay on the guitar. Normal sized screwdrivers won't cut it... it's a freakin pc screw.

The lack of a USB port extender is also a minor nuisance since the game requires 3 slots and mine are already full.
War Machine
Tastes like burning!

Post by War Machine »

I didn't know what a PC screw looked like so I typed it in google images and got this:

Is that right? What fucking kind of screw is that? Maybe the people who made it misunderstood the word screw and thought it was supposed to screw you by having to buy them for that one appliance that uses them.
"Clearly my escape had not been anticipated, or my benevolent master would not have expended such efforts to prevent me from going. And if my departure displeased him, then that was a victory, however small, for me." - Raziel
Tonbo
Mastered PM

Post by Tonbo »

War Machine wrote: Is that right? What fucking kind of screw is that? Maybe the people who made it misunderstood the word screw and thought it was supposed to screw you by having to buy them for that one appliance that uses them.
Haha... yeah. Definitely feeling screwed...
The picture is of a socket and screw head set that you fit onto a special handle that allows you to replace the head.
I actually have one of those sets but the screw heads don't go small enough.
The screws I was referring to are the ones in your laptop or PC. If you turn your laptop upside down, those tiny screws are the ones they used to close the battery hatch on the guitar... because a simple latch mechanism like on a remote control would really make TOO MUCH FKING SENSE!
War Machine
Tastes like burning!

Post by War Machine »

Oh, I got scared, I can't see how they work from the picture. Anyway, I found this other picture on the types of screw heads:

Is the one you're talking about 'g'? Cause 'g' is a bitch. They're called Tri-Wing screws, and here's the explanation on them:
Tri-Wing screws have a triangular slotted configuration. They are for instance used by Nintendo on its Game Boys to discourage home repair.
They are definitely designed to screw.
"Clearly my escape had not been anticipated, or my benevolent master would not have expended such efforts to prevent me from going. And if my departure displeased him, then that was a victory, however small, for me." - Raziel
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

Not really sure about all that, but it sounds like a uber pain in the arse.
Tonbo
Mastered PM

Post by Tonbo »

Woot! I am a Rockstar!
Finished all 58 songs on medium difficulty drums in one day.
I only had to repeat one song... four times. At least it was goody. (Protip: The red drum (snare) and the pedal count a lot more towards crowd reaction than the other drums (cymbals) )
They were all pretty good. That was hella fun.

If anyone needs a drummer in their band, send me an invite... stereo-sushi.
And PM me too so that I turn notifications back on.

Ofcourse hard is an entirely different level... a challenge for another day.

I still haven't gotten the guitar battery case open. eh.
lon3vvolf
n00b Smasher

Post by lon3vvolf »

I know I'm late to the party but I just got Ninja Gaiden Sigma... but I'm afraid to play it since everyone tells me its so damn hard.

I kick ass in Super Rub-a-Dub though. Go me :D

#EDIT#
PSN name: ilon3vvolfi
thats two v's not a w in there.
dialdfordesi
I live in a giant bucket.

Post by dialdfordesi »

Sigma isn't so bad. It's tough, but it only smacks you around in a way that makes you improve how you kill.
Trust me, I'm a doctor!
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

dialdfordesi wrote:Sigma isn't so bad. It's tough, but it only smacks you around in a way that makes you improve how you kill.
This is true.

Lonewolf, I'll send you an add. ;)
Tempest
Dirty Sennin

Post by Tempest »

Am I the only person who thinks Assassin's Creed is just OK? Also, what the fuck is up with the freezing and glitching on the PS3? Did Ubisoft not have much more than enough time and manpower to make sure this shit doesn't happen?
ImageImage
Aetherfukz
Tastes like burning!

Post by Aetherfukz »

Well yeah, after the initial rush of the game, I am not at the 8th target. And it really gets a little repetitive. I don't do all the side missions anymore because I just want to advance the story faster. But it still is a very stylish game, and UBI said they will make it a franchise so we will probably get more games like it. At the start the freedom in the world of AC reminded me of the GTA series, but there are only like 5 things you can do in AC, so maybe they will expend upon that.

And yeah the freezes really suck on the PS3, append like 5-6 times to me. At least the game saves a lot so you don't lose a lot of stuff.
Tempest
Dirty Sennin

Post by Tempest »

My biggest issue was the fact that all this time I had heard during interviews that the emphasis was on stealth and out thinking your enemies, and that just barging into combat would leave you at a disadvantage, yet after getting the slightest hold of the counter system, you can jump kill one guard then all six of his friends will politely fight you mano a mano and allow you to kill them all singlehandedly. After I saw my buddy do this tactic about half a dozen time I just thought "Why bother?"

Also, the story is beyond retarded. Seriously, wasn't just being an assassin during the crusade interesting enough for you guys, Ubisoft? It's like the head writer bust into a meeting after an M. Night Shyamalan movie marathon and was like "Wait! I have a way to make this story kick even MORE ass!" :stupid:
ImageImage
lon3vvolf
n00b Smasher

Post by lon3vvolf »

Tempest wrote: Also, the story is beyond retarded. Seriously, wasn't just being an assassin during the crusade interesting enough for you guys, Ubisoft? It's like the head writer bust into a meeting after an M. Night Shyamalan movie marathon and was like "Wait! I have a way to make this story kick even MORE ass!" :stupid:
That explains all the graphical glitches and obscure stuff that makes the game suck! Its just the programs fault... right?
Aetherfukz
Tastes like burning!

Post by Aetherfukz »

Tempest wrote:My biggest issue was the fact that all this time I had heard during interviews that the emphasis was on stealth and out thinking your enemies, and that just barging into combat would leave you at a disadvantage, yet after getting the slightest hold of the counter system, you can jump kill one guard then all six of his friends will politely fight you mano a mano and allow you to kill them all singlehandedly. After I saw my buddy do this tactic about half a dozen time I just thought "Why bother?"
Too true. After one assassination with the whole town against me, I was back to wall with like 30 or more Guards and a few Templers surrounding me. One after the other I just counter-killed them.
Tempest
Dirty Sennin

Post by Tempest »

lon3vvolf wrote: That explains all the graphical glitches and obscure stuff that makes the game suck! Its just the programs fault... right?
That's either the worst attempt at sarcasm I've ever seen, or the worst attempt at agreement I've ever seen, I can't can't even tell.

Caught another freeze last night, Huzzah! Seriously, my aura must set this thing off because I can't play the game or watch a friend play it without it freezing up. It can't just be the shitty programming... right?
ImageImage
Aetherfukz
Tastes like burning!

Post by Aetherfukz »

Got Call of Duty 4 today, but couldn't try it out because I was busy partying because I finally got my driver's licence back. Gonna try it out now :D
lon3vvolf
n00b Smasher

Post by lon3vvolf »

Tempest wrote: That's either the worst attempt at sarcasm I've ever seen, or the worst attempt at agreement I've ever seen, I can't can't even tell.
Yeah actually I was totally agreeing with you. I mean c'mon whats next? A game that bricks your ps3? Next time I'll add a *sarcasm* note. But I hear theres a patch on the way which hopefully solves the problem.
Malvado
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Malvado »

Tempest wrote: Caught another freeze last night, Huzzah! Seriously, my aura must set this thing off because I can't play the game or watch a friend play it without it freezing up. It can't just be the shitty programming... right?
Made me wish I have picked up the 360 version instead. Just wanted to increase my PS3 library.
Tempest
Dirty Sennin

Post by Tempest »

Malvado wrote: Made me wish I have picked up the 360 version instead. Just wanted to increase my PS3 library.
Actually I've heard there have been instances of freezing with the 360 version as well, and both Microsoft and Sony are supposedly releasing updates to fix it. I figure it happened one of two ways:

1.)They simply did not playtest the game enough and it slipped by (Which I find impossible because every time I've played/watched AC it has frozen at one point)
2.)They were aware of the issue, but the big-wigs upstairs decided to release it anyway, and patch it later.

Either way, for a game that has been this hyped and had this much time to polish, this is beyond unacceptable.
ImageImage
War Machine
Tastes like burning!

Post by War Machine »

Usually games have to be thoroughly tested before release, but now that the consoles have hard drives, some developers are taking the easy road and releasing the game early by promising patches later on. They should never abuse that privilege.
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

Ew, I agree. That sounds crappy. Man, I miss the good ole days, back when developers used to care about us, the gamers. If that time ever existed. When times get tough, remember the great and classic titles gentlemen.
Aetherfukz
Tastes like burning!

Post by Aetherfukz »

Starnum wrote:remember the great and classic titles gentlemen.
Monkey Island!
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

Finally got my hands on a copy of Assassin's Creed. Man, the plot is definitely more than I expected, but I approve.
Aetherfukz
Tastes like burning!

Post by Aetherfukz »

Yeah I liked the AC plot too. But don't expect too much. I hate how they always leave so many questions open at the end of todays games, just so they can get you into the next title which will probably take year(s) to come.

Anyway, Call of Duty 4. I'm at the next-to-last mission. And damn that's a hard and good told story (at least for an ego shooter)...
[spoiler]And the "Demoralise" and "Aftermath" missions. I thought WTF... haven't been this awestruck and/or disgusted at the same time in a game for ages. First it's all like Yippie-Kay-Ay Mofos, I'm gonna rescue the downed Helicopter Pilotess all american style (felt like Black Hawk Down to me), but then WTF... nuclear explosion. As if that wasn't hard enough, the mission afterwards where all you can do is get out of the downed Helo, crawl around, see the mushroom explosion and all the debris, and finally die in first person. Man that was hardcore![/spoiler]