PS3 Thread

Welcome to the official EG Gaming Buzkashi League (EGBL).

Moderator: EG Members

Starnum
Elven King

Re: PS3 Thread

Post by Starnum »

Heh, I haven't beaten it yet, because I was trying to hold out and make it last. So now that night two has arrived, and I only have like a chapter or two left, I'm sure I'll be finishing it before the sun comes up. Yeah, the actor doing the main badguy's voice is real talent. The bird guy is a freak, he cracks me up. The Twing-twang is a lot of fun. I ended up developing a bad habit of shooting Shen instead of the guards trying to attack him, lol. If I'd miss one of the bad guy's, the arrow would keep going, and I mean, he's just like all standing there, so several times I couldn't resist plugging his ass with an arrow. Meh, so I have to do the scene over, big deal. Anyway, unless there's more than 5 chapters, I only have the last chapter left.
Aetherfukz
Tastes like burning!

Post by Aetherfukz »

Yeah the Kai levels rocked. It is so wicked evil, but at the same time fun as hell, to guide the arrows with the SixAxis controller in slow motion, and laugh at your victims falling. And if the first one hit them in the nuts, get another one going into their head as they fall down.

Can't have that much fun with a modern Sniper Rifle :D
lon3vvolf
n00b Smasher

Post by lon3vvolf »

Anyone play the demo of Uncharted: Drakes Fortune?

Other than using the Gears of War aiming style I don't see anything really great about this game, but then again its not my type of genre anyway.
Malvado
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Malvado »

Yes Gears invented the military tactic of cover. Shit it wasn't even the first good game to do it. I agree with you though, other then being really pretty and having beautiful animations I don't care.

But back to Heavenly Sword. I borrowed it and beat and pretty much enjoyed my time with it. Though I did hate some of the Kai levels and after touch. I may pick up a new copy of the game just to give Ninja Theory my money for making such a great product. The dialogue and acting was top notch. With lines such as: Sacred genitals, you look much better when you're angry, and How do you do that? I was laughing the whole time and for the right reasons. Special Features on the disc also, thank god! Sony needs to tell other developers to get their ass in gear.
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

Yeah, that wasn't the first game I've seen with Special Features, but I know what you mean. Heh, and some of the acting was pretty funny, in a good way. As for Drake's Fortune, I played the demo, and I'm looking forward to the game. It should be fun, but nothing to write home about.
Malvado
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Malvado »

Starnum wrote:Yeah, that wasn't the first game I've seen with Special Features, but I know what you mean.
Ya I am getting tired of paying for LE's with average content. I may be a tin case whore but I had enough! And blu-ray come the fuck on. Don't leave half the disc empty when there could be commentary, developer interviews, and cast shit. Fuck throw some demo's on there like Squaresoft used to do.
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

Oh, no doubt! I remember how Squaresoft use to give us premier demos. Man, that was cool shit.
dialdfordesi
I live in a giant bucket.

Post by dialdfordesi »

Has anyone played Ratchet and Clank? It got good reviews.
Trust me, I'm a doctor!
halfnhalf
Conversation Killer

Post by halfnhalf »

dialdfordesi wrote:Has anyone played Ratchet and Clank? It got good reviews.

it's awesome, and yes ratchet's vioce is by the same guy that did Titus from FFX.
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

Tidus, what a wussie. :P

I've played the Rachet and Clank demo, and I'm looking forward to playing through the game in the future.
halfnhalf
Conversation Killer

Post by halfnhalf »

cod4.... droool....

my best on the trainning boat, 19.2 seconds though i think i can do better. IW 15.1 was on done on the PC.

veteran= "i wish i played harden instead"

game is epic, some many fun seqences.
Facade19
Mastered PM

Post by Facade19 »

HalfnHalf what is ur PSNusername?
Mine is divinedookie.
Maybe we could play a game or two online.
COD4 kick ass.
Domination is by far my favorite gametype.
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

DivineDookie? LOL

Mine is Starnum, if anyone cares. :P
Aetherfukz
Tastes like burning!

Post by Aetherfukz »

If anybody cares, I'm AetherMcLoud on the PS network. But I only got Skate and Eye of Judgement right now. But after work today I'll get Assassin's Creed and maybe Call of Duty 4 if they have it.
lon3vvolf
n00b Smasher

Post by lon3vvolf »

Malvado wrote:And blu-ray come the fuck on. Don't leave half the disc empty when there could be commentary, developer interviews, and cast shit.
I totally agree with you on that one man. This things hold 50 gigs right?
One gripe with Heavenly Sword if you look at the last 2 chapters each one is only 4-5 stages. Maybe they didn't have time to put more content in? I would have liked another 3-4 hours of gameplay, and maybe some less videos.
I'm trying to get 100% completion on it, only missing about 20 artworks and then hell mode!
Aetherfukz wrote:But I only got Skate and Eye of Judgment right now.
Hows Eye of Judgment? I was thinking of picking it up. I hear you can copy the cards and it will read them fine.
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

Aetherfukz wrote:If anybody cares, I'm AetherMcLoud on the PS network. But I only got Skate and Eye of Judgement right now. But after work today I'll get Assassin's Creed and maybe Call of Duty 4 if they have it.
Hey, that's cool shit. I love Skate. I rented it and played the hell out of it while I had it. Once I get my own copy, we'll have to skate together sometime. ;)

Anyway, here are my skate vids. Check 'em out, and if you can, please give them decent to good ratings. :P

http://skate.share.ea.com/profiles/3453 ... 47710.aspx

http://skate.share.ea.com/profiles/3453 ... 47708.aspx

http://skate.share.ea.com/profiles/3453 ... 61434.aspx
Aetherfukz
Tastes like burning!

Post by Aetherfukz »

lon3vvolf wrote:Hows Eye of Judgment? I was thinking of picking it up. I hear you can copy the cards and it will read them fine.
It's really nice. The animations when you summon monsters or attack with them somehow reminds me of Yu-Gi-Oh, but at it's hearts it is more akin to Magic the Gathering. You have mana, and different sectors on the map and such things which make it much more tactical.

I don't know about the copying of the cards. The Eye reads some 2 lines of hyroglyphs from the cards (brownish glyphs on black background) to identify them. So if you got a color copier or scan and print them it should work I think.
Starnum wrote:Anyway, here are my skate vids. Check 'em out, and if you can, please give them decent to good ratings. :P[/color]

http://skate.share.ea.com/profiles/3453 ... 47710.aspx

http://skate.share.ea.com/profiles/3453 ... 47708.aspx

http://skate.share.ea.com/profiles/3453 ... 61434.aspx
Woo! Those tricks are awesome! The only tricks I do all the time are kickflips, hardflips and pop shuvits. I definately have to try harder :D
I especially don't get the timing when you have to press up to gain speed in an halfpipe... :(
dialdfordesi

Post by dialdfordesi »

I only have one nice trick movie. The rest are hardcore and intentional bails. I'll get em posted up on skate's site sometime. There's one were the skater gets plowed by a car so hard that he cartwheels in midair before landing on a foot and crunching his ankle. Gruuuuesome!
Trust me, I'm a doctor!
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

Aetherfukz wrote:Woo! Those tricks are awesome! The only tricks I do all the time are kickflips, hardflips and pop shuvits. I definately have to try harder :D
I especially don't get the timing when you have to press up to gain speed in an halfpipe... :(
Ah cool, thanks. Yeah, I've grown really fond of the advanced flip-tricks like inward heel-flips, Hardflips, and all the different varials. Of course some of my best Spot Battle victories have been from some gnarly grinds. It's all about sticking a long ass grind and busting as many complicated flip-tricks in that one sequence as possible. Also, if you really want to put the hurt on, bust a 360 hardflip to get that x2 multiplier before you hit that grind. ;)

Oh yeah, and I've found that the best time to pump is at the bottom of the pipe, as you're heading back up towards the coping.
dialdfordesi

Post by dialdfordesi »

I find that 360 laser flipping to a grind is the best think to happen to a sequence's score.
Trust me, I'm a doctor!
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

Yeah, laser-flips are awesome, but you want to bust an advance trick before you start the sequence as well, to get your multiplier up. I can't really do it too good, but if you can do something like an inward-heelflip to a manual and then to another advanced fliptrick...well you can start off with a x3, but that shit ain't easy. Yeah, they give a lot of respect to the manual, which is appropriate.
Facade19
Mastered PM

Post by Facade19 »

I just added AetherMcLoud.
Starnum I am going to send you a friend's request once I log back on to my PSN account.
Sweet. Good to know that I can finally game with some EG members. :D
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

K, I'll have to log in later and check it out. I might forget though, so give it a couple days if I don't respond right away. ;)
Facade19
Mastered PM

Post by Facade19 »

Starnum wrote:K, I'll have to log in later and check it out. I might forget though, so give it a couple days if I don't respond right away. ;)
No problem. I think by now you know my username anyway. :)
MrFelony
E-Thug

Post by MrFelony »

lon3vvolf wrote:Anyone play the demo of Uncharted: Drakes Fortune?

Other than using the Gears of War aiming style I don't see anything really great about this game, but then again its not my type of genre anyway.

get an HDTV and you'll see how nice it is. and pretty much all shooters are like that style of shooting. I just got Call of Duty 4, and i have to say I'm loving it. I'm going to be so sad when i moved out of my apartment and leave my roommate and his ps3/50 inch hdtv :(.