The Psi Card

Way off-topic, and allowed! General discussions on anything and everything.

Moderator: EG Members

Malvado
Crusher of Dreams

The Psi Card

Post by Malvado »

Psi, can you give a link or explain the whole process of the American Indian/Native American Cherokee citizen card you and your wife has?
Buzkashi
Devourer of Children

Re: The Psi Card

Post by Buzkashi »

Haha you got ignored..
A little philosophy inclineth man's mind to atheism, but depth in philosophy bringeth men's minds about to religion.
-Sir Francis Bacon, Of Atheism <---Did I make this my sig? This shits gay as fuck.
Fuji Nagase
I live in a giant bucket.

Post by Fuji Nagase »

:LOL:
MrFelony
E-Thug

Post by MrFelony »

hahahaha
Sortep
n00b eater

Post by Sortep »

werd
Bow to Golbez
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

I guess that's a no. :P
MrFelony
E-Thug

Post by MrFelony »

you might have gotten a response if you didnt call it the "psi card" lol
Buzkashi
Devourer of Children

Post by Buzkashi »

Or if you PM'ed him.
A little philosophy inclineth man's mind to atheism, but depth in philosophy bringeth men's minds about to religion.
-Sir Francis Bacon, Of Atheism <---Did I make this my sig? This shits gay as fuck.
Malvado
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Malvado »

I know but PM's are lame and I never get a answer from those neither.
Fuji Nagase
I live in a giant bucket.

Post by Fuji Nagase »

then you really are ignored..
Buzkashi
Devourer of Children

Post by Buzkashi »

Lol

Sorry it had to come to this malvado. Wait.. you're a girl right?
psi29a
Godo

Post by psi29a »

From Cherokee.org
INFORMATION: To be eligible for CDIB/Tribal Citizenship with the Cherokee Nation, you must be able to provide documents that connect you to an enrolled lineal ancestor, who is listed on the (DAWES ROLL) FINAL ROLLS OF CITIZENS AND FREEDMEN OF THE FIVE CIVILIZED TRIBES, Cherokee Nation. This roll was taken between 1899-1906 of Citizens and Freedmen residing in Indian Territory (now NE Oklahoma).

Many applicants do not qualify for CDIB/Citizenship as their ancestors did not meet the enrollment requirements and were not enrolled. Certain requirements had to be met in order to be placed on the Dawes Roll.

CDIB/Tribal Citizenship are issued through natural parents. In adoption cases, CDIB/Citizenship must be proven through the BIOLOGICAL PARENT to the enrolled ancestor. A copy of the Final Decree of Adoption, and a State Certified, Full Image/Photocopy of the Birth Record must accompany the application. All information will remain confidential.

INSTRUCTIONS & RESEARCH REFERRAL:

1. Complete the application/ancestry chart in ink and provide the following documents.
2. A parent or legal guardian may complete and sign the application/ancestry chart for minor child applicants and provide the following documents.
3. Attach the ORIGINAL STATE CERTIFIED FULL IMAGE/PHOTOCOPY OF THE BIRTH RECORD of the applicant and a copy of an immediate family member’s CDIB/Citizenship card
4. If no one in the family has received CDIB/Citizenship, attach ORIGINAL STATE CERTIFIED DOCUMENTS (BIRTH/DEATH) CERTIFICATES beginning with the applicant back to the enrollee.
5. If your enrollee ancestor DIED after 1962, submit the ORIGINAL STATE CERTIFIED DEATH CERTIFICATE. This is needed to assist us in our review.
6. Mail the applications and the original documents to the Cherokee Nation Registration Department. Should further information be needed to complete the applications, we will contact you for specific documents.

Should we be unable to issue you CDIB/Citizenship, a letter of explanation will be sent to you by restricted/certified mail. An Appeals Process will accompany the letter, should you not agree with our findings/decision.

Processing time may vary. The Registration Department does not provide research services. You can do research on your computer or contact your local library for access to a computer to do your research on the internet:

You can access the "DAWES ROLLS" at: http://www.accessgenealogy.com/native/dawes.php
I was at a family reunion of which there was chief there (part of the family) and it was all taken care of for me so I have no clue. As for my wife, it was taken care of by her grand-mother who is 100% Cherokee.

There are I think 2 other Cherokee nations, but we do not have any ancestors that we know of there. I also have a small amount of Potomac Indian in me as well. So, research your line and google up links. Genealogy is your friend, thankfully I have family members who keep the books for us.

Apologies for the delay, I've had rough couple of months. I'm just happy this place is still here. :) Hope this helps.
MrFelony
E-Thug

Post by MrFelony »

hooray for malvado :lol: