Hellgate: London

Welcome to the official EG Gaming Buzkashi League (EGBL).

Moderator: EG Members

dialdfordesi
I live in a giant bucket.

Hellgate: London

Post by dialdfordesi »

The game is slated to release tomorrow. Who's going to get it? After I'm done with tests this week, I'll seriously consider getting it, but if I get it, I'll stick to the free online play.
Trust me, I'm a doctor!
Aetherfukz
Tastes like burning!

Re: Hellgate: London

Post by Aetherfukz »

Well because I am completely bored with WoW (haven't been on for a month) I will start Hellgate London as soon as I get it (hope Amazon delivers it on the 31st). While the beta was very sweet, the game is no full blown MMO. At least for me it's rather a 3D Diablo with animated chat rooms in the cities.
I wanted to stick to the free multiplayer too, but I've read that there will be a level cap for non-subscribers and subscribers will get exclusive classes levels and items, so I think depending on how long I will play the game I will subscribe too.

Anyho' I will be playing on the EU servers, dunno how much guys and gals hail from europe in these forums here.
dialdfordesi

Post by dialdfordesi »

From what I've read the level cap for both is 50 and while the paying players do get new monsters, areas, and items, the gear they get just looks flashier. I guess that's a nice way of maintaining in-game balance, even if paying members can make guilds (nonpayers can join but will never be officers) and can do hardcore mode.
Trust me, I'm a doctor!
halfnhalf
Conversation Killer

Post by halfnhalf »

diablo 3 is here!!!! just renamed Hellgate:London.

i was apart of the beta, but alas, my computer sucks and i couldnt play it...
Aetherfukz
Tastes like burning!

Post by Aetherfukz »

Well now I got an Engineer named Escoban on the EU Sydonai server.
dialdfordesi

Post by dialdfordesi »

Engineers are fun, but the game seems too easy with them, even on the museum. On the other hand, I'm only lvl 8, haha.
Trust me, I'm a doctor!
Aetherfukz
Tastes like burning!

Post by Aetherfukz »

Well got a Level 12 Guarding and Level 12 Evoker now. The engineer while fun is kinda buggy. You can equip the drone with weapons to upgrade it - but when you log out or get a disconnect all the equipment the drone had is destroyed. Until they fix that I probably won't play the engineer any more.

The evoker is fun and all around AOE damage but extremly mana hungry. And my personal favorite at the time is the guardian. Charge into 20 zombies, taunt them, spin around with your shield and bash them all good. Fun times! :D

And yeah seems that pet based classes have it easier here too, because you don't get that much aggro when all your pets are around.