You know you've read too much berserk when...

Evil_Genius' Berserk community, Kentaro Miura's epic masterpiece, still active and translated. (Please don't ask about older Volumes. Buy from DarkHorse and support Miura.)

Moderator: EG Members

Is this too dumb of a thread to let live?

yes
10%
yes, please call MrFelony's Probation Officer and have him locked up
22%
No, let the people spam away.
68%

Total votes: 209

The Prince
Tastes like burning!

Re: You know you've read too much berserk when...

Post by The Prince »

MrFelony wrote:i just meant cause it was a girl :P
BTW....does anyone notice how the new Griffith was made to look even more 'hawt' than before? What's with the collagen lip treatment, perm hairdo, and Paris Hilton stone-faced expression?
Let's put a smile on that face...............
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

That tends to happen when you gain god-like powers. :P

In all seriousness, I'm not sure if Miura intented that, or if it's just that he's always looked like that way and the art has just gotten even more detailed since. You'd have to ask the author I guess, heh. ;)
dialdfordesi
I live in a giant bucket.

Post by dialdfordesi »

I always thought Griffith looked a lot more feminine during the golden era.

You've read too much Berserk when you see an Escher painting and fear that the God Hand may be nearby.
Trust me, I'm a doctor!
Sortep
n00b eater

Post by Sortep »

when you read this thread and see the hallucinogens + berserk posts... and get some friends together for a shroomy, weedy, mescaliney berserk-a-sword of the berserka-ps2-berskerkathon.... way to burn up some vacation days and scar some people's psyche's for life.... "hypothetically" of course... and perhaps these people were "hypothetically" 1 programmer, 3 musicians, a lawyer, a nurse, and a bail bondswoman
Bow to Golbez
Buuhan1
Mastered PM

Post by Buuhan1 »

When one of the two guys moving you from Ohio to Tennessee only has one eye, causing him to keep it shut and all you can think about when you look at him is Guts, even tho he's nothing like him except that he could kick your ass.

Kinda felt bad for this, but I couldn't help it! He got a phone call while moving us from the Navy asking to recruit him, and his response was that he only has one eye. XD (that's one way out of being enlisted, tho he told as after that he was interested in joining the air-force for the soul reason of seeing the world)
I think Guts is a pretty cool guy, eh kills shit an doesn't afraid of anything.
The Prince
Tastes like burning!

Post by The Prince »

Sortep wrote:when you read this thread and see the hallucinogens + berserk posts... and get some friends together for a shroomy, weedy, mescaliney berserk-a-sword of the berserka-ps2-berskerkathon.... way to burn up some vacation days and scar some people's psyche's for life.... "hypothetically" of course... and perhaps these people were "hypothetically" 1 programmer, 3 musicians, a lawyer, a nurse, and a bail bondswoman
Find any weird symbols carved into your neck?
Fuji Nagase

Post by Fuji Nagase »

thats pretty unrealistic. you have to look everywhere.
Sortep
n00b eater

Post by Sortep »

nope but i found a shop willing to do the brand the way i want it... so i'm going out today to see what it's gonna cost then schedule an appt.... take that vile mid sized corporation of evil that i work for!
Bow to Golbez
The Prince
Tastes like burning!

Post by The Prince »

Sortep wrote:nope but i found a shop willing to do the brand the way i want it... so i'm going out today to see what it's gonna cost then schedule an appt.... take that vile mid sized corporation of evil that i work for!
See you in hell.
Buuhan1
Mastered PM

Post by Buuhan1 »

Berserk is a great series, but I'm definitely not willing to get a tattoo based on it. Hell, I wont even do such a thing with the series I've been obsessed with for 2 and a half years which is one of the best things I've ever followed (One Piece). So if it don't have a chance, nothing does.

Tattoo's are cool really, but I really only support them when they're "cool". (So many damned women get butterflies on themselves) But I'm not the least bit interested in having tats or pierces anywhere on me. I intend to keep my body clean.
Sortep
n00b eater

Post by Sortep »

i have a couple tatoos... but i didn't wanna go the panzy route and get the brand "drawn" on..... so it's gonna be branded on.... i will definately put some pics up in the interstice come the time when it's done
Bow to Golbez
dialdfordesi

Post by dialdfordesi »

You've read too much Berserk when you stop playing Halo 3 to reread the whole Berserk saga.
Trust me, I'm a doctor!
hbi2k
Augh! Bright sky fire burn eyes!

Post by hbi2k »

The Prince wrote:
BTW....does anyone notice how the new Griffith was made to look even more 'hawt' than before? What's with the collagen lip treatment, perm hairdo, and Paris Hilton stone-faced expression?
I always assumed that when he was reborn, Griffith got to choose to look however he wanted, so he girlied himself up a bit. If he hadn't needed to be able to marry Charlotte, he would've probably gone all out and given himself a demonic boob job.
Berserk: The Abridged Series: Beating a dead horse with another dead horse.
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

*sigh* :P
The Prince
Tastes like burning!

Post by The Prince »

hbi2k wrote:
The Prince wrote:
I always assumed that when he was reborn, Griffith got to choose to look however he wanted, so he girlied himself up a bit. If he hadn't needed to be able to marry Charlotte, he would've probably gone all out and given himself a demonic boob job.
You should do comedy.... :roll:

.......SORRY, but no matter how hard Miura's tries to make him one, Griffith is NO homo. He'll always be misunderstood, that's just they way it is! He just needs to be left alone.....
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

The Prince wrote:
You should do comedy.... :roll:
Um, he does. Oh wait, that was sarcasm, heh.
Fuji Nagase

Post by Fuji Nagase »

i think id like to get a brand one day. but im still sitting on the idea for now.
MrFelony
E-Thug

Post by MrFelony »

think of how complete your casca cosplay would be then :P
Istvan
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Istvan »

MrFelony wrote:think of how complete your casca cosplay would be then :P
Although given the location of Caska's brand, this probably wouldn't be relavent to the convention itself, only to very close friends.
Buuhan1
Mastered PM

Post by Buuhan1 »

Istvan wrote:
MrFelony wrote:think of how complete your casca cosplay would be then :P
Although given the location of Caska's brand, this probably wouldn't be relavent to the convention itself, only to very close friends.
Unless she cosplayed retarded Caska, but she hates that version of her so I doubt she would.
lon3vvolf
n00b Smasher

Post by lon3vvolf »

Retarded Caska... man that would be the easiest costume to pull off ever... for a girl. hahaha
Actually its very close to a "walk of shame" Caska. Urban dictionary it.

too much berserk when ...
Your favorite Berserk characters...
finally reach Elfheim...
There is trouble in the elf kingdom...
And your mad as hell because...
So you figure its gonna be another two years before you can go fight the dark elf and wake up the elf prince.

Also your surprised just a bit when you see that link has died and been buried:
Fuji Nagase

Post by Fuji Nagase »

ah, you know me so well. no, never that version of caska. and i dont think im going to get the brand in her place either. i always thought about which one (gut's place or caska's) but i usually end with gut's. it just makes more sense to me. i dont want to BE caska. shes awesome, dont get me wrong, and for cons i kinda do, but its not like im some crazy fangirl who thinks im somehow related in a kindred way to teh character of caska (like many think they were cats as a past life so they wear kitty ears). i just love her character. so...yeah. on my neak if i decide to go through with it. still not sure though..
Aetherfukz
Tastes like burning!

Post by Aetherfukz »

I'm gonna get the brand tattoo'ed on my right bladebone. The neck would surely be awesome, but I like my tattoos where I can still (if the occasion needs it to) hide it beneath a T-Shirt.

P.S. I hope bladebone is the right word, dict.leo.org said it was the translation for "Schulterblatt", the boneplate on your back, which mounts the shoulder ^_^
The Prince
Tastes like burning!

Post by The Prince »

Fuji Nagase wrote:ah, you know me so well. no, never that version of caska. and i dont think im going to get the brand in her place either. i always thought about which one (gut's place or caska's) but i usually end with gut's. it just makes more sense to me. i dont want to BE caska. shes awesome, dont get me wrong, and for cons i kinda do, but its not like im some crazy fangirl who thinks im somehow related in a kindred way to teh character of caska (like many think they were cats as a past life so they wear kitty ears). i just love her character. so...yeah. on my neak if i decide to go through with it. still not sure though..
P#SSY!....cat. :wink:

Meow.
Fuji Nagase

Post by Fuji Nagase »

the appropriate reply would be to hit you for the use of such terrible words (even if they are a joke) but ill just wait until some fanboy runs up to me and tell me what a good ::insert a character caska could be mistaken for. japan has stolen my witty thought process::i am and take it out on him.