Berserk Stupid theories

Evil_Genius' Berserk community, Kentaro Miura's epic masterpiece, still active and translated. (Please don't ask about older Volumes. Buy from DarkHorse and support Miura.)

Moderator: EG Members

is this thread useful?

Yes
51%
No
15%
You should die Dark for reviving this shit
34%

Total votes: 248

wotjesus
imanewbie

Re: Berserk Stupid theories

Post by wotjesus »

No, I'm pretty sure that PCP would actually calm him down, considering I'm fairly sure people on it aren't prone to killing demons with a makeshift spear while performing insane acrobatics.

On a side note, Guts just might be Tom Araya with a haircut (lead singer/bassist from Slayer).
yume wa kareno
imanewbie

Re:

Post by yume wa kareno »

[quote="psi29a"]then we run into the Matrix problem, we all liked the first movie but the following 2 sucked ass. Why? Because it explained to much, so much was contrived to make the story work. I felt ultimately let down.

]

that's why they should wait till either guts or griffith dies and make the end of the story the second part of the anime. that's all anyone wants to see anyway, who wins overall. there is waaay too much shit to squeeze into a second season.
Death&Rebirth
Mastered PM

Post by Death&Rebirth »

That pretty means the end of Berserk. Because if Guts die, you create an hole in plot that hardly you can continue from and he's death doesn't allow motivation for another one/group/kingdom to follow his steps in fighting the Apostles (also if that happen it become like a very well know shonen title that had the main character dying and rebirthing several times...). If Griffith dies, well that means that Guts journey ends. He won't continue to persecute other Apostles. He will live his life (with Casca). Pretty much, one dismiss grants the other nothingness onwards.

There was rumors (like always) that a new season of Berserk would be on the table of producers ready for the "go" sign, catching the the next story arc fully. But that was rumors based on "ear-say", mostly coming from the west and not the east.
Finito
I live in a giant bucket.

Post by Finito »

Ok this is crazy shit...

I... I w..I was watching that first episode of the abridged series and....
ImageImage

LUCA BLIGHT!!!! MOTHER FUCKING DEMON MAGIC!!!

Conclusion is that not only are these 2 related by blood... but they both have inherited the MOTHER FUCKING Oo00VAAaREZARzoRZZ NiINZEEETo00oHuUssZAA4nD! DEMON MAGIC! David Blaine is the father of two crazy ass demon children, which means before he got into groundhogs, he was fucking and massacring villages in Midland and Highland.
MrFelony
E-Thug

Post by MrFelony »

if you look at your david blaine pic in the top middle, you can see the resemblance
lon3vvolf
n00b Smasher

Post by lon3vvolf »

Back to stupid theories...

The slight delay, I think, is due to Mr. Miura figuring out how to draw Jack Sparrow in manga form...

Arrrr! Shiver me timbers! September 19th is national 'talk like a pirate day' and heres a pirate pick up line:
Pardon me, but would ya mind if fired me cannon through your porthole?
Finito

Post by Finito »

David Blaine is Berserk.
char9999
imanewbie

Post by char9999 »

i got two theories
1-gutts may activate the behelit and turn to an apostle and wishes to kill god hand (and he might restore his eye and arm) since the behelit is for those how wishes to escape their destiny and take control to make thier own destiny.
2- i think grifith will fight god hand . cause it is clearly that he can do what ever he wants . we saw apostle fighting each other why not god hand . and also gutts cant finish god hand by him self he is having tough time facing apostles like zodd and grunberd
MrFelony
E-Thug

Post by MrFelony »

are these stupid theories or actual theories you have? :P
Arcandus
notanewb

Post by Arcandus »

char9999 wrote:i got two theories
1-gutts may activate the behelit and turn to an apostle and wishes to kill god hand (and he might restore his eye and arm) since the behelit is for those how wishes to escape their destiny and take control to make thier own destiny.
2- i think grifith will fight god hand . cause it is clearly that he can do what ever he wants . we saw apostle fighting each other why not god hand . and also gutts cant finish god hand by him self he is having tough time facing apostles like zodd and grunberd
3- Guts kills god hand, Griffith, all apostiles, and rule the world.
dialdfordesi

Post by dialdfordesi »

After the meeting with the elf king, Guts' demon wolf turns into Triumph the insult comic dog.
Trust me, I'm a doctor!
Istvan
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Istvan »

And Idea reveals that it was lying to Griffith, it's really just the manifestation of Guts inner angst when he was raped as a child, that (due to wierd magical effects having to do with the vortex) was transported back in time to become a manifestation of Guts hate against the entire world. That's why only Guts can defeat it and its minions.
The Prince
Tastes like burning!

Post by The Prince »

Istvan wrote:
And Idea reveals that it was lying to Griffith, it's really just the manifestation of Guts inner angst when he was raped as a child, that (due to wierd magical effects having to do with the vortex) was transported back in time to become a manifestation of Guts hate against the entire world. That's why only Guts can defeat it and its minions.
I was kind of thinking the same thing.
Let's put a smile on that face...............
lon3vvolf
n00b Smasher

Post by lon3vvolf »

Stupid Theory: Slan turns against god hand cuz shes got the hots for Gutts.
MrFelony
E-Thug

Post by MrFelony »

Guts will decide to "fuck everything" and become a potato farmer (but not literally fuck everything, the sheep are safe :P)
The Prince
Tastes like burning!

Post by The Prince »

lon3vvolf wrote:Stupid Theory: Slan turns against god hand cuz shes got the hots for Gutts.
What are the chances that Guts and Slann get it on? At least finish off what was started in the cave....

IMO in a way, if you count this encounter with Slann, the case could be made that this was but the second time Guts was physically violated/molested/raped in the storyline.

I'm hoping Griffith with all his power, isn't allowed to fulfill his fantasies on Guts as that would make a trifecta.
The Prince
Tastes like burning!

Post by The Prince »

The following quote was taken from another thread having to do with how anonymous characters in Berserk have a habit of showing up at other points in the story. Such as some of the Apostles seen in the eclipse episode. But this guy's post struck me a little, leaving me to do a lot of soul searching........
psi29a wrote:If you want to step back from the details.... apostles get their marching orders from god-hand members, of which get their directions from Idea of Evil.

Idea of Evil wouldn't exist if not for the human subconcious.

Indirectly, Griffith's ambition is the will of the collective human subconcious.

What is interesting is that Guts, through shear force of will is inspiring humans, letting them believe in something. Guts is the 'Mule' in Asimov's Foundation triligy, the 'blip' in the whole sociological big picture that can change everything.

If he inspires humans, over time... this effects the collective human subconcious. Idea of Evil is effected by this.
Interesting observation.....let me expand a little further

*Spoiler warning- As these speculations very well may come to pass. Let it be said, I have never met Miura nor do I know what he looks like....other than that he may appear Asian considering he's Japanese. So all of this was come up by myself through deep introspection.

......Perhaps a little long, but very poignant and important to any true fan of BERSERK! :thumb:

REGARDING THE DEMISE OF THE IDEA OF EVIL:

I imagine a scenario like in Ghostbusters II where the ghostbusters are in the Statue of Liberty playing happy music, while inspiring the people of NYC to be happy and espress their love and joy by singing about it. Which led to the Evil Ooze to weaken, allowing the ghostbusters to weaken and defeat the evil sorcerer from the painting. Where a similar scenario might happen in the middle of the ultimate battle btw. Mindland and the Neo-BOTH vs. the Kushan Empire, where everyone will lay down there swords, and exchange hugs and handshakes intead of swords and spears. Thus severely weakening the Idea, making it vulnerable to Gut's sword, who represents the will of mankind. Thus completely turning that "Hand-Guy's" assertion about will (of no control over) in the opening monologue (in the beginning of each Anime episode).....on its head. Suggesting love and kindness is the most powerful force in the world, even more powerful than fate.

.....or maybe not. :?

So if Guts and co., can somehow get the people of Midland and the Kushans to come together and think happy thoughts, maybe their collective subconcious of hope and love will be a force to weaken the Idea of Evil. I believe Puck will play a big part in this, where his shananigans and pure heart will inspire Guts to turn his inner evil beast into a happy beast. Allowing Guts to realize his true calling which will be to restore joy and love for one another, to the people of Mindland.

All this will lead to the Idea, dissolving into nothingess. Leaving the people of the world free to determine their own destiny, like at the end of the Matrix.

.....Therefore without the Idea around, the God-Hand will lose its power and will become mortal humans again. Now with his pure heart, Guts will foregive Griffith in a very heartfelt and tearful scene (imagine there will be many a tear shed by Berserk fans across the world) . AND thus what will be another case of brilliant symbolism and foreshadowing by Miura; Guts, Caska, Griffith, and Magnifico (who we find out is a wonderful singer) will become a group of traveling musicians referred to as The (true) Band of the Hawk. Where it turns out becoming a musician in a band was Guts's dream that had been eluding him all along. And thus spreading hope and joy to the people of Midland, through music.
psi29a
Godo

Post by psi29a »

Can't believe I'm being quoted in the Berserk Stupid Theories thread.... *hangs head*
Finito

Post by Finito »

Ok I read up to where you say you don't have a clue how miura looks like.

http://www.thespectrum.net/berserk_info_creator.shtml

You'll have to use your imagination to complete the information you see on that site. You can see hes asian and has dark hair... He got glasses... He drew himself with a beard... You can see hes a lefty... His nails arent so clean... He also drew himself with big ass eyebrows... You can learn he was born in 1966... etc...
The Prince
Tastes like burning!

Post by The Prince »

Finito wrote:Ok I read up to where you say you don't have a clue how miura looks like.

http://www.thespectrum.net/berserk_info_creator.shtml

You'll have to use your imagination to complete the information you see on that site. You can see hes asian and has dark hair... He got glasses... He drew himself with a beard... You can see hes a lefty... His nails arent so clean... He also drew himself with big ass eyebrows... You can learn he was born in 1966... etc...
Wasn't being serious.

Sorry if it was too long for you to read. :(

But anyway, thanks for the info.
lon3vvolf
n00b Smasher

Post by lon3vvolf »

Gutts will decided to 'fuck everything' and he'll become a butcher.
He will market his butchers 'brand' of meat with the sacrificial 'brand' seal of quality and sell it under the name "Gutt's Guts."

Come now everyone! Try Gutt's Guts brand meats! They're so good you'll think you used a Beherit to get them!
The Prince
Tastes like burning!

Post by The Prince »

This post was made to expand upon something that was brought up in another thread, regarding the 1000 yr rebirth ceremony that brought Griffith back to human form. If such an event occurs every 1000 years, there must have been a similar incident (rebirth) to have occured 1000 yrs prior, as a point of reference. And it just so happens it was around a 1000yrs prior to the Berserk storyline, that the legend of Gaeseric uniting kingdoms to form an empire was said to have occurred. And that later under Gaeseric's rule, 4 angel's descended upon and layed waist to that kingdom.

......Interesting is that this suggests some sort of reoccuring cycle every 1000 years. Paralleled by the established cojoining of kingdoms into an empire by some (masked in battle) legendary figure as with Gaeseric (Skull)....and likely the New Griffith (Hawk) will do in time. Notice how the remnants of Gaeserics befallen kingdom (branded dead, rubbel) just so happens to reside under a tower in Windham, similar to the tower in Albion where the 1000 yo rebirth ceremony for Griffith occurred. A site where thousands were sacrificed and who's remains likely lie under the rubble of where the tower once stood. Might be worth mentioning that the tower in Windham just so happens to be named the Tower of Rebirth.

Note when the origninal four angels came to destroy Gaeserics empire their were only 4 not 5. In the story only having 4, not 5, was emphasized.....Why?

I know, I have waaaay too much time on my hands! :wink:
dialdfordesi

Post by dialdfordesi »

The four, not five was probably emphasized to imply that it was the God Hand and not some myth.
Trust me, I'm a doctor!
Eedze
imanewbie

Post by Eedze »

Gaiseric and Skullknight theories.

A Gaiserik would have been the 5th Godhand candidate.
he sacreficed thousends of people, now burried under the Tower of Rebirth
(note) see Guts reaction on the story introducing Gaiseric. "sounds like Grifith" (69:7)
the amount of sacrefices can be compared with the amount of sacrefices made by Grifith to gain membership of the Godhand
Gaiseric became the fifth godhand and was reborn in the human realm.
Gaiseric used his power, granted as member of the Godhand, to conquer all the countrys, creating his own kingdom
just like Grifit is now creating his own Kingdom.
Gaiseric's thirst to power went byond the controll of the other members of the godhand, they became upset and came down to earth to punish him
however Gaiseric did not die and became the Skullknight
this might been the reason why he hates the Godhand and the apostles so much
that is why he tried to stop the eclypse.
but his fight with Zod, slowed him down. so he came late. and his power was not strong enough to take on the new Godhand member Femto
he manages to save Guts and now he's watching over Guts giving him assistance in his journy to become stronger.
The Prince
Tastes like burning!

Post by The Prince »

Eedze wrote:Gaiseric and Skullknight theories.

A Gaiserik would have been the 5th Godhand candidate.
he sacreficed thousends of people, now burried under the Tower of Rebirth
(note) see Guts reaction on the story introducing Gaiseric. "sounds like Grifith" (69:7)
the amount of sacrefices can be compared with the amount of sacrefices made by Grifith to gain membership of the Godhand
Gaiseric became the fifth godhand and was reborn in the human realm.
Gaiseric used his power, granted as member of the Godhand, to conquer all the countrys, creating his own kingdom
just like Grifit is now creating his own Kingdom.
Gaiseric's thirst to power went byond the controll of the other members of the godhand, they became upset and came down to earth to punish him
however Gaiseric did not die and became the Skullknight
this might been the reason why he hates the Godhand and the apostles so much
that is why he tried to stop the eclypse.
but his fight with Zod, slowed him down. so he came late. and his power was not strong enough to take on the new Godhand member Femto
he manages to save Guts and now he's watching over Guts giving him assistance in his journy to become stronger.
BINGO!.... :PLUS1:

*With maybe a couple exceptions I agree with your analysis.

.....Though what probably can't be answered at this point in the story from what we have to go by.........Assuming this theory is correct:

-What happened to the four angels that turned on Gaeseric?

-Where those four angels (Gaeseric being the supposed 5th member of) analagous to the 4 members of the Godhand we see in the storyline?

-And how does the ascension of Void as the 'first' Godhand (the GH we have come to know in the story) play into all of this?