Berserk chapter: 289

Evil_Genius' Berserk community, Kentaro Miura's epic masterpiece, still active and translated. (Please don't ask about older Volumes. Buy from DarkHorse and support Miura.)

Moderator: EG Members

Eldo
Of The Abyss

Berserk chapter: 289

Post by Eldo »

I don't think half the toilet seats in the world are as clean as I should like; and only half of those are half as clean as they deserve. - tsubaimomo, July 26, 2010 3:00 am
Rolos
Tastes like burning!

Re: Berserk chapter: 289

Post by Rolos »

Awesome!! Thank you EG, for keeping your releases up to the date
One original thought is worth a thousand mindless quotings.
~Diogenes of Sinope
FightClub
Augh! Bright sky fire burn eyes!

Post by FightClub »

Nice shit, my day was going bad, and now I got some berserk. Thanks EG! I'll make sure and seed this plenty for ya =)
Rolos wrote:-He was born from a corpse? Has been killing (or assisting in the process) people ever since he was 5? Hahahaa...talk about having a shitty life. Its hilarious because he's not me.
Arcandus
notanewb

Post by Arcandus »

Iei, first berserk manga i was waiting for realise, finally i will be able to read more. x)
Rolos
Tastes like burning!

Post by Rolos »

I just finished reading the chapter and its....AWESOME!!!! AWESOME!!!

Its simply too good to be described by mere words.....Im going to burst in tears in any moment because of its awesomeness .....too good to be true...
Im EUPHORIC!!!! I want MORE!!! I demand more!!!...*breathing heavily* MORE!!!
*Long pause*
Ok....sorry about that, its just that the chapter was good and the final scene with the chained berserk beast within Gutts subconcious was simply too much...

thank you EG!!!

PD: You wont mind if I post so frecuently in the same thread, right? I just thought posting twice would be a better way to express how much did the new chapter affect me.... Editing the first post wouldnt have the same effect.....anyway , if you think what i did was wrong, sorry.

PD2: yeah, I like the word AWESOME.
One original thought is worth a thousand mindless quotings.
~Diogenes of Sinope
Facade19
Mastered PM

Post by Facade19 »

Thx EG!!!
t.A
notanewb

Post by t.A »

Thanks guys!
ddem1
Augh! Bright sky fire burn eyes!

Post by ddem1 »

:o Muchos gracias!!! Love ya guys.

Nice chapter, am glad the battle won't last longer. Mmmm last pages are simply :twisted:
Brainpiercing
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Brainpiercing »

Yay, thanks EG.

It's amazing that there are six posts or so in this thread, but already hundreds of seeds on the tracker.

On the other hand, if every one of them posted, this board would just blow up.
Brainpiercing
"Beer cures poison" - (almost) Guts.
Buuhan1
Mastered PM

Post by Buuhan1 »

Crap, I find out just when I was going to bed. Gotta wait till tomorrow to read it. THANKS SO MUCH FOR THE RELEASE!
I think Guts is a pretty cool guy, eh kills shit an doesn't afraid of anything.
psi29a
Godo

Post by psi29a »

Brainpiercing wrote:Yay, thanks EG.

It's amazing that there are six posts or so in this thread, but already hundreds of seeds on the tracker.

On the other hand, if every one of them posted, this board would just blow up.
No, I'm fairly sure this board would handle it just fine. I've over engineered it. :)

By estimates, I don't think we need to 'upgrade' till we reach over 1000 active (concurrent) posters. We currently meet perhaps about 3% load on the most active days.
Eldo
Of The Abyss

Post by Eldo »

psi29a wrote:No, I'm fairly sure this board would handle it just fine. I've over engineered it. :)
Which is why we should test this by having hundreds of people post in this board at the same time.

I don't think half the toilet seats in the world are as clean as I should like; and only half of those are half as clean as they deserve. - tsubaimomo, July 26, 2010 3:00 am
psi29a
Godo

Post by psi29a »

I agree :)
jistanidiot
imanewbie

Post by jistanidiot »

Great job getting it out so quickly.

So did I miss something? Why can't they use the elf dust to heal Gut's burns? Of course if they did that we wouldn't get a peek at the chained beast at the end (maybe i just answered my own question).
dialdfordesi
I live in a giant bucket.

Post by dialdfordesi »

Thank you so much, EG! I love it when Berserk is released!
Trust me, I'm a doctor!
thesyndrome
imanewbie

Post by thesyndrome »

jistanidiot wrote:Great job getting it out so quickly.

So did I miss something? Why can't they use the elf dust to heal Gut's burns? Of course if they did that we wouldn't get a peek at the chained beast at the end (maybe i just answered my own question).
the elf dust isnt just something that makes wounds disappear; it encourages the healing process, and when used on a cut, it would stop most the bleeding faster than if you just left it on its own.

the burns are a form of scarring, and are necessary for the healing process. in the same way that guts has normal scars all over his body (ever since he became the black swordsman), because pucks dust doesnt make the wound disappear, just makes it heal faster
Kelow
imanewbie

Post by Kelow »

Awesome! EG is the shit!
"The secret of life is to appreciate the pleasure of being brutally, brutally buggered."
|||||||
Mastered PM

Post by ||||||| »

Thank you very much again!

I was wondering how it feels to be drowning in the sea when your whole body is burned. I mean it must be an intensification of rubbing salt into someones wounds. The Elf powder certainly helps, but still the body needs to regenerate by itself. Another side effect not considered is ruptured ear drum when going to depths without pressure equalization. The first 3m should be OK (yet it hurts already) but it looked as if they were deeper...what do you think about that?

The beast inside Guts seems to have grown quite much in size. I can't remember it being this big. Additionaly it's very exciting when the heavy chains constraining Guts rage will break and unleash his fury. It's worrisome if Guts will become a Berserker, thus unable to distinguish between friend or foe, and how it will be possible to stop him if he turns against anything walking. Especially if the space is as confined as it is on a ship, there will be nowhere to run...

Greetings
Since love and fear can hardly exist together, if we must choose between them, it is far safer to be feared than loved.

Niccolo Machiavelli, The Prince
Gzhindra
imanewbie

Post by Gzhindra »

This chapter wasn't very exiting but still a nice piece of art!
The end was very interresting tho and I can't wait for the next one :D

Once again EG did a great work! Thx!
klugolo
imanewbie

Post by klugolo »

Sorry, but I again can't really find the topic with direct links on berserk.
Deathbringer
n00b eater

Post by Deathbringer »

Wow, next chapter is september 28th?

That´s pretty fast.

This chapter was refreshing, naval fighting is a thing you don´t see in Berserk or even manga in general and it was another chance to show how Roderick can kick ass, i frankly couldn´t care less about him when he was first introduced but if Miura´s intends for him to be Farnese´s love interest, he will stick with them for awhile and i´m liking that idea now.

Thanks as usual EG.
Kelow
imanewbie

Post by Kelow »

klugolo wrote:Sorry, but I again can't really find the topic with direct links on berserk.
Now that's stupid, just use the torrent.

But if you really need the direct link
"The secret of life is to appreciate the pleasure of being brutally, brutally buggered."
absofflab
imanewbie

Post by absofflab »

Thanks for the release! I have no idea how you guys manage to get the translations, lettering, and touchups out so quickly, but it's all great!

As for the story, I've got two things to say. First, I'm getting the feeling that Roderick's "mercy" is going to come back to haunt him down the road (the way his face is drawn to show arrogant smugness in not chasing down the pirates was damn near perfect). Second, I would love to have seen the Beast getting the spiked chains slapped on during the battle at the waterfront (i.e., when Schierke was bringing Guts under control and turning the Berserker into "Batman" mode). Oh well, this works too.

And one quick question: I can't make it out, but who's that lying next to Guts in the ship's hold?
Istvan
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Istvan »

Such an awesome chapter! Thanks as always EG, for getting this out so fast and in such awesome quality!!
Grahf
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Grahf »

You know I was almost tempted to read those other releases. But I know where my heart is at when it comes to berserk.
"Context is for Kings"