Welcome to NHK

The latest and greatest of Japanese Animation. Found something new, or perhaps old and arcane... if it has to do with anime, it goes right here.

Moderator: EG Members

teo
Found the Edit button

Welcome to NHK

Post by teo »

its been a long time now...its nice to back...

one thing that is weird to me...why is that there is no "Welcome to NHK" thread here in anime section :?

the anime is really good..ive just watch eps. 14 but i still dont know if thats the last episode.
T2006
imanewbie

Re: Welcome to NHK

Post by T2006 »

Hi all ! I have no enought posts for creating new topics, so i ask here. Where i can download some subtitles?
Dominion
This is my new home

Post by Dominion »

so i just finished watching this anime.... took me a couple months of off-and-on viewing but it was good... i like how the anime handled certain situations and how it took a different path to the story as well as how things were neatly concluded... overall id say it was worth watching
although the scene where Sato and Yamazaki are in the cafe where they brain storm the perfect anime chick wasnt as funny as it was in the manga :P
"Happiness is an inside job"
Moogles
imanewbie

Post by Moogles »

This is my favorite Anime... they were missing so many things the NHK anime gets a lot right, but unfortunately got some very important things wrong. On the technical side of things, NHK is a mixed bag. The animation is probably the show’s largest flaw. The first and last episodes are both animated extremely well, but everything in between is incredibly inconsistent. The various animation directors hardly make any effort to stay true to the character designs. While we do get some interesting styles out of this, this inconstancy really detracts from the show, given its grounding in reality. What makes this series shine is how they go full out in the music department... With background music by the Pearl Brothers, opening by ROUND TABLE Featuring Nino and ending themes by Otsuki Kenji, Kitsutaka Fumihiko and Makino Yui; The Pearl Brothers put together a stylish score which covers a number of genres such as blues, hard rock and laid back jazz. There is music for pretty much any kind of scene, and it all sounds very good. ROUND TABLE Featuring Nino delivers their usual laid back pop sound with a slight 70s twist for both mixes of the opening theme, PUZZLE. Oh and did I forget to mention Voice work here is of a fairly high standard. The only somewhat awkward actor is Koizumi Yutaka, who does Satou. Initially Satou’s voice comes off as too deep, but over the course of the show Koizumi’s voice adjusts well with the character. He handles all of the “freak out” scenes very well, and can deliver lines very emotionally when the story calls for it. Overall, NHK is one of those series which had so much potential to be perfect, but fell short in a few important areas. The show really would have benefited from more attention paid to the animation and a better understanding of what some scenes in the manga were trying to communicate, But I still love it!
Image Dance, damn you
Catherwood
imanewbie

Post by Catherwood »

I liked the Anime less then the Manga, and from what I hear, I'm going to like the book (To be released in October by Tokyopop) more then either. Also, I would say the three are all in different genres. Anime=Romance, Manga=Comedy, Book=Drama.
Xarfai
imanewbie

Post by Xarfai »

NHK is one of my favorite animes, the mixture of the black and sad story with comedy is entertaining and also very close to life. Some things are better explained in the manga, but it repeates the same ideas over and over again, so I like the anime better.
Tonbo
Mastered PM
Location: I am the one who lives in the darkness, and shatters it.

Post by Tonbo »

I loved the anime. I shed tears at the end.
The manga was very good too. If you liked this, you'll also like Genshiken.
Very much in the same vein of exploring the world of young otaku.