Interesting links

Way off-topic, and allowed! General discussions on anything and everything.

Moderator: EG Members

Orioz
imanewbie

Re: Interesting links

Post by Orioz »

I see :D
Finito
I live in a giant bucket.

Post by Finito »

I was just rereading Change Guy and actually read the credit pages and in ch256 where Geeker talks about this video being one of the funniest thing he ever saw and couldn't stop laughing so I check it out and HAHAHAHAHAAAAAAHAHA!!HAAAAAAHAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!!!

[youtube]BEtIoGQxqQs[/youtube]

Seems to have been popular, but since I never saw it before figured some might not have seen it and even if youve already seen it, its just too good of a laugh not to watch again :lol:
War Machine
Tastes like burning!

Post by War Machine »

It's way too old. If you look at the info of that video it says this: "Added: 1 year ago", so whoever uploaded the video first must've done it several months before.

A year in internet time is about a decade. This video qualifies as "grandpa old" so you should infer that everyone's seen it... but then again, it is one of the classics.
"Clearly my escape had not been anticipated, or my benevolent master would not have expended such efforts to prevent me from going. And if my departure displeased him, then that was a victory, however small, for me." - Raziel
Fuji Nagase

Post by Fuji Nagase »

not interesting per se...
okay so i know this is REALLY stupid of me but i got addicted to......facebook. i know..so much shame. BUT i made a berserkaholics anon group so if anyone has a facebook and thinks its funny to join groups with funny names, please do so!
Tonbo
Mastered PM
Location: I am the one who lives in the darkness, and shatters it.

Post by Tonbo »

Ah, facebook. The new crack to the old myspace cocaine. When I was in Kyoto, every time I went back to the hostel the same girl was on the computer doing up her myspace. I don't know if she ever left or just spent the entire time blogging about the walls in that rundown ryokan. Wakaranai.

Silly kids...
http://www.sucs.swan.ac.uk/~cmckenna/hu ... /gcse.html
War Machine
Tastes like burning!

Post by War Machine »

Some people write really stupid things on tests. They know that not writing anything is bad, so they desperately try to come up with something, but what makes them think that no one will know they made up the whole answer?

Anyway, here's an unrelated video:

[youtube]MTbX1aMajow[/youtube]
"Clearly my escape had not been anticipated, or my benevolent master would not have expended such efforts to prevent me from going. And if my departure displeased him, then that was a victory, however small, for me." - Raziel
Tonbo
Mastered PM

Post by Tonbo »

Haha! That rocked! Speaking of which... what is up with Veoh for the past week? Ever since Universal announced a lawsuit against them for piracy, the "most popular" link has been flooded with pirated versions of every single movie currently in theaters right now. I just watched Superbad cause I couldn't wait... ROFLcakes, if such a thing exists. I'll hold off on the rest though, 'cause they're all NY street corner quality and I'd rather pay the $4 rental and watch it in full def. I'll probably end up watching Superbad again too.
Fuji Nagase

Post by Fuji Nagase »

yeah, i try to go out as much as i can but every once in a while i need to hide from the crazyness of japan and go on the internet. im still gettn over the culture shock and gettn used to living here so im giving myself a break. why were you in kyoto? was it through a program? ( i only ask because my sister was in kyoto for a year just last year)
Devil_Dante
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Devil_Dante »

psi29a
Godo

Post by psi29a »

Devil_Dante wrote:Look at this :|

[youtube]LbvP7dT3Dx0[/youtube]
Use the goddamn youtube tags. ;)
Tonbo
Mastered PM

Post by Tonbo »

Fuji Nagase wrote:yeah, i try to go out as much as i can but every once in a while i need to hide from the crazyness of japan and go on the internet. im still gettn over the culture shock and gettn used to living here so im giving myself a break. why were you in kyoto? was it through a program? ( i only ask because my sister was in kyoto for a year just last year)

I was in Kyoto because Kansai girls are the cutest ;) Just kidding. I was spending the summer with my gf's family and we did a bit of touring with some friends (she's from Fukuoka). She recently got into facebook too after poopooing it for several years once she realized she could get back in touch with all her old friends from Japan. Yesterday she was having one of those "sashiburi da ne" wall conversations with someone she couldn't recall for the life of her. At least it's less awkward than face to face. You're doing a year abroad I'm guessing? (I only recently joined the EG community.) That's pretty cool. I would like to live there for a year or two to really master the language and culture. I wouldn't mind spending a year in Europe and South America either, sigh... Maybe when I'm done with all the schooldiggery.

And now, an interesting link from Akihabara! If you don't come back having learned this dance, your time will have been misspent. j/k

[youtube]okeq0uuldy0[/youtube]
lon3vvolf
n00b Smasher

Post by lon3vvolf »

Thats funny. In the US we got Soulja Boy - How to Crank That dance and in Japan everyone knows that one lol. Nice link.
Fuji Nagase

Post by Fuji Nagase »

japanese dances suck. its like they are so simple everyone without even knowing how to bob their head can do it. i saw so much at the school festival. so crazy! there are these really weird dances that are popular but i cant explain. its kind of like adding the chainsaw motion and the moshy headbang.

ah, i see. yeah, im only actually doing 6 months but believe me its still insane no matter what. i just got here like 3 weeks ago and its been pretty hard to adjust even though japan is great. im in a medium size city far from tokyo. (everyone thinks 'oh japan? have fun in tokyo!') japanese isnt so hard esspecially if you have had some prior training. i ahd a good amount and i knew a lot about the culture already so it was easy to learn those kind of language things. but man kanji is a bitch.

i was one of those 'facebook is stupid' people until i realized all my friends go to different schools in different states and i am going to japan. now its okay but other than the berserkaholics anon group and some minor graf i dont do much extra. i just like seeing what my friends are up to. myspace is for stalking people..hehehe facebook makes it much harder to do so. 'n'
uncempt
Buzkashi wannabe

Post by uncempt »

Dude, I love that dance. It's from Haruhi!
Fuji Nagase wrote: but man kanji is a bitch.
Yeah but you come to love it in a strange kind of way. Plus it keeps the number of Japanese speaking foreigners down and makes us look all the cooler 8) And you can't be much further from Tokyo than I was down in Kyushu!

Speaking of which, interesting link for anyone that wants to learn a bit of spoken Japanese on the way to work/school. Free podcast-style lessons: http://www.japanesepod101.com/index.php
Tonbo
Mastered PM

Post by Tonbo »

I came across this link while looking up the back story to catch up with Berserk. I had seen the anime but starting with vol. 27 of the manga here was like WTF who are all these kids and fairies? Didn't he used to squash people like that?

http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/379233

I've since gotten the manga... it's much better than the anime so far even though the anime certainly helps to flesh out the action scenes. Vol. 9 was hot stuff.

p.s. If anyone is a member of demonoid.com and can send me an invite please msg me.

p.p.s Thanks for the podcast link... boy's night out-maid cafe = ha!
Fuji Nagase

Post by Fuji Nagase »

i actually think i know what you mean by the love hate thing.. i like how i can read more things now and it DOES make me look cooler. mostly to myself, but still. its hard but now that i need to use it everyday its much easier than studying in the US. kyushu...wow. yeah i know some people that went all the way down there and this guy who went to oshima. that is almost near tokyo but you have to take this 9 hour fairy ride he said because its an island. so close but yet so far right?
Tonbo
Mastered PM

Post by Tonbo »

Speaking of Kanji, I downloaded this free Kanji game a while ago and got to 200 kanji pretty quickly. I was addicted for a bit. Coming up with a backstory to help memorize each kanji pictograph can be pretty fun and he gives some interesting stories. Plus your badass kanji skills can rescue the princess! I even bought a full membership to support this guy. I hope it works out well for him and he gets it to the point that we can find the game in stores.

http://lrnj.com/

And speaking of rescuing princesses:

http://www.gametrailers.com/umwatcher.php?id=105033 (posted on Joystiq)
uncempt
Buzkashi wannabe

Post by uncempt »

I used to play that game when I was preparing to move to Japan. It's good to have a little story to help you remember the simple kanji, but when you get up to a thousand... You've just got to get a feeling for them.

http://kanjisite.com/

This site's pretty good for giving you a bunch of example words for each kanji so that you get the character/mood. Sucks that he hasn't got round to the level 1 kanji yet, but I guess there are an extra 1000 or something crazy.
Shaka Zulu
Buzkashi wannabe

Post by Shaka Zulu »

911 call.

[youtube]uSU0t6cnf2I&eur[/youtube]

Speaks for itself, super cute and funny :lol:
Until the lion learns to speak, the tales of the hunt will be(weak) told by the hunter
Fuji Nagase

Post by Fuji Nagase »

thanks for the game, i want to try it out! when i get a sec, i will play for sure. thanks again guys! hopefully it will make my truly sad kanji knowledge grow to something a bit more respectable.
MrFelony
E-Thug

Post by MrFelony »

haha what a cute kid
Fuji Nagase

Post by Fuji Nagase »

yeah, too bad she doesnt take kindly to condescending remarks or anyone who calls her "cute".
uncempt
Buzkashi wannabe

Post by uncempt »

Uh, I think he meant the kid in the vid...
Aetherfukz
Tastes like burning!

Post by Aetherfukz »

Haloid, really good machinima with near-perfect animation:[youtube][/youtube]
http://www.gametrailers.com/umwatcher.php?id=57998

After this ad, I need some epic beers!

[youtube]eH3GH7Pn_eA[/youtube]

Codemonkey, nice song for all the programmers out there :D

[youtube]v4Wy7gRGgeA[/youtube]

The great Frank Caliendo I just love this guys impersonations:

[youtube]kAMIlPudalQ[/youtube]