PS3 Thread

Welcome to the official EG Gaming Buzkashi League (EGBL).

Moderator: EG Members

War Machine
Tastes like burning!

Re: PS3 Thread

Post by War Machine »

Try playing RE4 on the computer, the keyboard layout is way worse than the wiimote. Although you can connect any controller to the computer and it works just like the console versions.
"Clearly my escape had not been anticipated, or my benevolent master would not have expended such efforts to prevent me from going. And if my departure displeased him, then that was a victory, however small, for me." - Raziel
halfnhalf
Conversation Killer

Post by halfnhalf »

we are going off topic here (this is a PS3 thread)

http://www.gametrailers.com/player/22945.html

Metal Gear Online. if any of you played mgs3 online, you'll know this will be too good.
Oro
Evil Genius

Post by Oro »

I am playing god of war through Hero(Normal Difficulty) and I am stuck on the last major boss in the Aegean Sea level. Every time I go through that mini game section with Hydra, it always wins the "tug-of-war". Now I think I suck, so I go up to the point where I am stuck on Mortal(Easy Difficulty) and still, the Hydra wins.So far i've spent about 2 hours soley on trying to knock Hydra senseless.

WHAT AM I DOING WRONG?!?!?! :? :?
LordMune
Femto's Favorite Member

Post by LordMune »

Use your index finger and not your thumb to button-mash.
"I love a buz" - LordMune, 2012
Malvado
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Malvado »

halfnhalf wrote:

Metal Gear Online. if any of you played mgs3 online, you'll know this will be too good.
I do not comprehend. Decent but nothing special. Unless you are double dipping in the Kojima Kool-aid.
Libaax
Of The Abyss

Post by Libaax »

Oro wrote:I am playing god of war through Hero(Normal Difficulty) and I am stuck on the last major boss in the Aegean Sea level. Every time I go through that mini game section with Hydra, it always wins the "tug-of-war". Now I think I suck, so I go up to the point where I am stuck on Mortal(Easy Difficulty) and still, the Hydra wins.So far i've spent about 2 hours soley on trying to knock Hydra senseless.

I havent come that far yet but im also playing this right now.

Its in too easy fightwise and boss wise? I expected a challenge. The bosses takes like five mins to beat.
The ink of a scholar is worth a thousand times more than the blood of the martyr- The Quran
halfnhalf
Conversation Killer

Post by halfnhalf »

Libaax wrote:The bosses takes like five mins to beat.

Then play on hard.
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

Well, since I beat Ninja Gaiden Sigma (Oh, the taste of victory was very sweet on this one), I rented Gundam Crossfire. Let's hope it's good, I'm about to start it up.
Oro
Evil Genius

Post by Oro »

Libaax wrote:
Oro wrote:I am playing god of war through Hero(Normal Difficulty) and I am stuck on the last major boss in the Aegean Sea level. Every time I go through that mini game section with Hydra, it always wins the "tug-of-war". Now I think I suck, so I go up to the point where I am stuck on Mortal(Easy Difficulty) and still, the Hydra wins.So far i've spent about 2 hours soley on trying to knock Hydra senseless.

I havent come that far yet but im also playing this right now.

Its in too easy fightwise and boss wise? I expected a challenge. The bosses takes like five mins to beat.
LOL...bro Aegean Sea is the fight first level, anyways thanks mune but it didn't work,guess my fingers are not fast enough.

Playing resident evil 4 right now,its probably the best video game i have every played.
Libaax
Of The Abyss

Post by Libaax »

Oooh you meant the hydra huge boss? That guy wasnt even a challenge how did you get stuck there :P Let me geuss you havent played action game like this in a while ;)

halfnhalf: Im almost done with the game so i dont bother to start all over . Its not worth it. Too many plattform stuff anyway. They are stupid the creators. WHO THE HECK WANNA SPEND SO MUCH DOING PUZZLES AND JUMPING AROUND IN A GAME LIKE THIS.......
The ink of a scholar is worth a thousand times more than the blood of the martyr- The Quran
halfnhalf
Conversation Killer

Post by halfnhalf »

Libaax wrote:
halfnhalf: Im almost done with the game so i dont bother to start all over . Its not worth it. Too many plattform stuff anyway. They are stupid the creators. WHO THE HECK WANNA SPEND SO MUCH DOING PUZZLES AND JUMPING AROUND IN A GAME LIKE THIS.......

Because it is satisfying if you complete it on your own.
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

Been playing The Darkness. It's the shit.
Malvado
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Malvado »

Libaax wrote: halfnhalf: Im almost done with the game so i dont bother to start all over . Its not worth it. Too many plattform stuff anyway. They are stupid the creators. WHO THE HECK WANNA SPEND SO MUCH DOING PUZZLES AND JUMPING AROUND IN A GAME LIKE THIS.......
They wanted a adventure/action game that resembled slightly the Epic's of long ago? You could always play Heavenly Sword if you don't want puzzles and just plain action.
Libaax
Of The Abyss

Post by Libaax »

I can of course but people hailed and compared it to DMC. It isnt even near. Not actionwise. As DMC and fan of action game of that type im annoyed i cant just kick ass the hole game. They should have trusted that part of the game.

Now i know its mostly hype so if i play the second game i know what to expect.
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

Wait, are you talking about God of War? Dude, God of War is easily comparable to Devil May Cry. They're BOTH some of the best action games on PS2. Having crazy difficulty doesn't make a game better, it just makes it more frustrating. That's what harder difficulty settings are for. I hate it when games set their normal difficulty levels to be so absurdly challenging, because I refuse to play most games on easy. I mean geez, I don't even want to think about playing DMC3 on something like “Dante Must Die” when just the normal mode was plenty hard enough. I like to be able to play through the game at a challenging but FUN level, before I start waving my dick around and try to beat them on some kind of insano difficulty. God of War 1 & 2 are awesome games that brought not only refined graphics and game-play to the table, but also some really cool innovative ideas. Besides, I'd take a GoW game over DMC2 any day. ;)

Its really just a matter of what you're looking for though, I guess, but the two series are definitely comparable in quality. I like some platforming and puzzling in my action/adventure, as long as it doesn’t get too convoluted. To me, just constantly skull bashing gets repetitive.
LordMune
Femto's Favorite Member

Post by LordMune »

We don't... talk about DMC2 'round these parts.

As for GoW vs DMC, the design philosophies are so very different they are not directly comparable, no.
Femto
Devourer of Children

Post by Femto »

LordMune wrote:We don't... talk about DMC2 'round these parts.

As for GoW vs DMC, the design philosophies are so very different they are not directly comparable, no.
The combat (which is the main focus of both games) is very much comparable.

(DMC is superior.)
halfnhalf
Conversation Killer

Post by halfnhalf »

Malvado

check your quote, i didnt say that phrase, libaax did.
LordMune
Femto's Favorite Member

Post by LordMune »

Femto wrote:

(DMC is superior.)
RED ORBS

As far as controls and basic mechanics go, the two are kind of similar. They differ in the focus of the combat though, and in things such as scale and the maneuverability of the characters. Dropping Kratos into DMC3 or Dante into GoW2 would make the games impossible, too easy or simply defeat much of the purpose of the original game design.

(Yes, DMC is superior.)
Femto
Devourer of Children

Post by Femto »

LordMune wrote:Dropping Kratos into DMC3 or Dante into GoW2 would make the games impossible, too easy or simply defeat much of the purpose of the original game design.
Well, of course retard.

That can be said for every game ever made.

If you put Mario in MGS2 you get something that doesn't make any sense.
Malvado
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Malvado »

halfnhalf wrote:Malvado

check your quote, i didnt say that phrase, libaax did.
I know. It says Libaax said it.

I do believe the combat in DMC is superior. But I mean, Kratos rips dudes in half during the first second gameplay starts.
halfnhalf
Conversation Killer

Post by halfnhalf »

Malvado wrote:
I do believe the combat in DMC is superior. But I mean, Kratos rips dudes in half during the first second gameplay starts.

and challenges Zeus in the beginning of GoW2.
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

Well I already beat The Darkness. I want more!? How long was that game, twelve hours or so? I wish it had been longer. The ending was short too. Man, I hope they make a sequel, because that shit was loads of fun. Heh, I love chunking dudes around with the Demon Arm, that shit is tite.
Libaax
Of The Abyss

Post by Libaax »

Femto wrote:

(DMC is superior.)

Yeah the combat is very comparable. The action is fun and not that hard on normal. The action part is good but not near DMC1,3.

The puzzlez and the jumping around annoy not cause they are a challenge but cause most of them are stupid and waste of time.

If they removed that part of the game or made 1% of the game instead of being like 60% of the game. The game would be alot better to me.
LordMune
Femto's Favorite Member

Post by LordMune »

In what fucked-up manner are you people playing DMC if you say it's easily comparable to GoW? Image

I mean, Jesus. Stylistically and strategically the two are very different. It's the details that make the game, just because you slice, dice and jump (for RED ORBS) in both does not mean the two are directly comparable. In DMC3 choosing to be able to block attacks is a pretty goddamn major decision, in GoW it's just something you do. Same with dodging, and the list goes on.