Haruhi Season 2

The latest and greatest of Japanese Animation. Found something new, or perhaps old and arcane... if it has to do with anime, it goes right here.

Moderator: EG Members

Catherwood
imanewbie

Haruhi Season 2

Post by Catherwood »

Well, after a few red herrings, it appears that a legitimate announcement for the second season of Haruhi Suzumiya has been released in a Japanese issue of Newtype. I got the news from here http://www.moetron.com/2007/07/05/haruh ... -prove-it/ also another blog mentioned something funny happening at the Newtype website, but it seems to stopped now
Something’s happening . . .

Saturday, July 7th in Suzumiya Haruhi, Anime | 2 comments

. . . on the Newtype website.

Grainy “live” footage from security cameras showing figures moving about on a school campus at night. People who’ve read the third book in the Suzumiya Haruhi series will find the scenes eerily familiar . . .

It’s still playing even as I type this. (It’s now 9:24 PM Tokyo time.)

Will update blog as soon as I know more.

Quick background: I found out from a comment on Heisei Democracy that there was a full-page ad in today’s issue of the Asahi Shimbun saying something about an announcement on the official website and on the Newtype website at about 9 PM tonight. Tried the official site first a few minutes before 9 PM Tokyo time, refreshing several times as the clock ticked away; it didn’t load (probably because too many people were trying to access it). Struck gold with the Newtype website - that’s what I’m looking at right now.

WARNING - POSSIBLE SPOILERS FOR THE THIRD SUZUMIYA HARUHI BOOK UP AHEAD

UPDATE (9:30 PM Tokyo time): There’s no doubt in my mind now. I’m watching scenes from Bamboo Leaf Rhapsody - the second short story in 涼宮ハルヒの退屈 (The Boredom of Suzumiya Haruhi). This could be it, folks.

UPDATE (9:47 PM Tokyo time): It’s still playing. The pattern on the field is taking shape, though it’s not quite finished yet; the security camera feed will probably continue for a little while longer. Is anyone else watching this right now? Do let me know.

UPDATE (9:55 PM Tokyo time): The feed just died. I tried reloading the page, just in case; the footage went back to the start, so no worries about missing it the first time around. Watch it and tell me what you think. Fingers still crossed.

UPDATE (10:26 PM Tokyo time): I revisited the page - and the video was gone. Is it loading on anyone else’s browser? In any case, I think we’ve seen all we’re meant to see for tonight; now it’s all a matter of waiting for an explicit, unambiguous statement about what the heck just went on. (By the way, the official site still won’t load; I’m guessing traffic is still very high.) Oh, and I’m now certain I wasn’t seeing things - Seiya of Heisei Democracy saw the video too.
So, It seems that the second series will be about the third book, but post any of your thoughts on the upcoming series.

Edit: I forgot to credit the second blog. It's http://animeaffairs.wordpress.com/2007/ ... g/#more-28

Edit 2:Someone recorded the footage from the Newtype site: http://www.basugasubakuhatsu.com/blog/
Damien
Dirty Sennin

Re: Haruhi Season 2

Post by Damien »

A second season would be great.

NARUTO + BLEACH doesn't even come close to the BEST MANGA= ONE PIECE
Catherwood
imanewbie

Re: Haruhi Season 2

Post by Catherwood »

Personally, I can't wait.