Berserk: 286 - "All Aboard"

Evil_Genius' Berserk community, Kentaro Miura's epic masterpiece, still active and translated. (Please don't ask about older Volumes. Buy from DarkHorse and support Miura.)

Moderator: EG Members

Khelegond
Flexing spam muscles

Re: Berserk: 286 - "All Aboard"

Post by Khelegond »

thesyndrome wrote:roshinu: what? when was she ever agile as a human? all she ever got was a good smacking every so often, usually following her love for fairy tales
I should've been more specific - I was just speculating :) I think she was agile, since she was just a child and her apostle form is pretty nimble and fast.
thesyndrome wrote:i think the power of the apostle is defined by their will, and just how much they want to achieve their dreams; griffith proved on numerous occasions that he was willing to do ANYTHING to realise his dream, roshinu wanted for elves to be real and to escape from her horrible life. the count...well...i guess he wanted to abandon his humanity, because he couldnt cope with his wives betrayal, and felt so weak and useless against her (i still remember that horrible smirk she had when he couldnt bring himself to kill her)
The problem with Griffith is that, even if he had the most weak of dreams, he still had the Egg of the Emperor, or something like that. It was an epic Behelit ;) Kinda hard to judge from that :(
Istvan
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Istvan »

The problem with Griffith is that, even if he had the most weak of dreams, he still had the Egg of the Emperor, or something like that. It was an epic Behelit Kinda hard to judge from that
But presumably if he'd had a "weak" dream, he wouldn't have had the crimson Behelit. He got that Behelit because of who he was, and the God's Hand even make a comment about that during the eclipse (Slann, I think, but I could be wrong). So the strength of the dream still could be the determining factor.
Lord Rae
Mastered PM

Post by Lord Rae »

don't forget the linchpin to this whole theory and system of sacrifices and power. The Idea.

The idea shaped the world long before Griffith was born so that when he was it would be ready to accept him. (I'd still love to know how he got his start...how did Griffith start his little band of men. We have some offhand clues but I think a short side story about that would be fascinating)...

So it really doesn't matter that his will or dream was strong. It was strong because the idea wanted and needed it to be. He got the red behilt cause it was always for him...not because of any attachment or desire he had.
Istvan
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Istvan »

So it really doesn't matter that his will or dream was strong. It was strong because the idea wanted and needed it to be. He got the red behilt cause it was always for him...not because of any attachment or desire he had.
But Idea spent all that time/effort shaping him, so presumably it made sure he was also very impressive. The crimson Behelit was always for him, but he was always going to be "worthy" of the crimson Behelit.
42ndEndOfTheWorld
This is my new home

Post by 42ndEndOfTheWorld »

I am with Istvan here. The most confusing thing about berserk is that, in essence, idea of evil influences almost everything so it doesn't matter from which side you look, the result is the same: Griffith was born for behelit and behelit was made for him. You can say (kind of) that he was destined to win all the battles, but he was still a brilliant tactician (because idea both made him to be highly competent, and made obstacles to help him gain fame and recognition).
What is good?-Whatever augments the feeling of power, the will to power, power itself, in man.
What is evil?-Whatever springs from weakness.
What is happiness?-The feeling that power increases-that resistance is overcome.

Nietzsche
Aetherfukz
Tastes like burning!

Post by Aetherfukz »

Istvan
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Istvan »

I'm pretty sure this counts as major necroing.
Eldo
Of The Abyss

Post by Eldo »

There was a guy that spammed all the threads asking for direct downloads. Needless to say, he was quickly struck down by psi and had his posts and his user name destroyed. The guy made about 6 or so posts on different threads but he's gone now.

I don't think half the toilet seats in the world are as clean as I should like; and only half of those are half as clean as they deserve. - tsubaimomo, July 26, 2010 3:00 am