Berserk: 286 - "All Aboard"

Evil_Genius' Berserk community, Kentaro Miura's epic masterpiece, still active and translated. (Please don't ask about older Volumes. Buy from DarkHorse and support Miura.)

Moderator: EG Members

wotjesus
imanewbie

Re: Berserk: 286 - "All Aboard"

Post by wotjesus »

Awesome, as usual. Thanks for the release.
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

Yeah, I thought it seemed a little too quick to already show them landing. I mean, we've got to see them sailing some. I wonder if it was challenging for Miura to draw that ship at all, because it looks pretty awesome. Anyway, I think its cool to see Farnese further her training, and I'm glad that Azan is with them now too. I can't wait for the next chapter. ;)
War Machine
Tastes like burning!

Post by War Machine »

How big does a drawing like the ship have to be to go into that much detail? A drawing like that can't be done in such a small size, can it?

Thanks, EG for the new chapter.
"Clearly my escape had not been anticipated, or my benevolent master would not have expended such efforts to prevent me from going. And if my departure displeased him, then that was a victory, however small, for me." - Raziel
lon3vvolf
n00b Smasher

Post by lon3vvolf »

Great chapter with great detail... and now a great translation! Well done guys! Gah... Gutts was only on several pages, but I'm not complaining. :D

Do I detect a battle with the pirates of the carribea... err Mediterranean... or whatever body of water they're on?
Eldo
Of The Abyss

Post by Eldo »

Starnum wrote:I wonder if it was challenging for Miura to draw that ship at all, because it looks pretty awesome.
It was challenging for me to even try to edit and redraw the details of the ship. That took me an entire day to do.

It's always a big challenge to do the double pages in Berserk than other mangas because of the massive amount of detail that needs redrawing.

But yeah, I'm glad that Azan's here, training Ishidoro and stuff. At last, there's a purpose with his appearance since his last bar fight. Also, I thought it was great to get into further detail into magic, by having Schierke train Farnese. That's a pretty good plot device for explaining beginner's magic 101.

I don't think half the toilet seats in the world are as clean as I should like; and only half of those are half as clean as they deserve. - tsubaimomo, July 26, 2010 3:00 am
Dark Force

Post by Dark Force »

I love how Ishidoro gets bashed so much right at the start, good transition from Griffith. Next chapter isn't too far off either, hope Gattz finally gets some more time in.
freegood
imanewbie

Post by freegood »

Another quality release.

Thanks!
dialdfordesi
I live in a giant bucket.

Post by dialdfordesi »

I did not expect Farnese to develop her magic skills further in this chapter, but it is nice to see! Thanks for the release!
Trust me, I'm a doctor!
hbi2k
Augh! Bright sky fire burn eyes!

Post by hbi2k »

lon3vvolf wrote:Do I detect a battle with the pirates of the carribea... err Mediterranean... or whatever body of water they're on?
DOOD, One Piece crossover!

*smack*

I deserved that.

...and yeah, it does seem kind of odd that they'd bother bandaging Guts prosthetic arm right down to the wrist. (-:
Berserk: The Abridged Series: Beating a dead horse with another dead horse.
citanuzuki666
notanewb

Post by citanuzuki666 »

It was challenging for me to even try to edit and redraw the details of the ship. That took me an entire day to do.
holy crap! All for fellow berserk fans too. You guys go through alot of crap for us. Which is why I love evil genius.
Istvan
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Istvan »

Do I detect a battle with the pirates of the carribea... err Mediterranean... or whatever body of water they're on?
Boy I hope not. That would be a real let down.

On another note, allthough he's still not his equal by a ways, it's interesting that Ishidoro has been skilled enough to actually give Azan trouble when they're sparring.
newbified
n00b Smasher

Post by newbified »

I'm assuming that the next chapter will be them arriving in Elfheim. Gutts and Casca both seem to be focused on something on the horizon and Casca even lets out an ''Ahh!'' at the end. Either way it was a great chapter and I hope that it finally comes to a head in Elfheim.
Steeples scrape the sky, Praising God.
Everything here exists for God, is sacrificed to God.
For those who have nothing to sacrifice,
It can be a very heartless city indeed.
Lord Rae
Mastered PM

Post by Lord Rae »

I completely forgot until now to post and say how much I appreciate the quality and time you folks talk getting us our fix.

Thanks so much!

Awesome chapter although it didn't move things along too much; it is really a training chapter and Berserk doesn't have too many of those...
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

War Machine wrote:How big does a drawing like the ship have to be to go into that much detail? A drawing like that can't be done in such a small size, can it?
Manga artist don't actually draw the pictures that small, they're just scaled down when put into manga form. They actually draw the frames seperately at different sizes, and then put it all together at the end.
EnglishJim
This is my new home

Post by EnglishJim »

newbified wrote:I'm assuming that the next chapter will be them arriving in Elfheim. Gutts and Casca both seem to be focused on something on the horizon and Casca even lets out an ''Ahh!'' at the end.
Yea, it kind of looked like Caska was trying to say something (other than the usual bollocks)... perhaps, "Land ahoy!"?

It could be anything really considering her state, but I sincerely hope it's Elfhelm. No more diversions, please. 8)
ryusenka
This is my new home

Post by ryusenka »

HELL YES!!
*worships mindwerks* :worship:
"Understand that it's just a person - not worth devoting any nightmares to." - JTHM
BerserkerWench
imanewbie

Post by BerserkerWench »

The drawing of that ship was awesome. So much detail. It looks like Farnese is coming along nicely with her training too. I'm really looking forward to when they reach Elfhem. It will be interesting to see if they will be able to help Caska and what will happen if they do.
Istvan
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Istvan »

Yeah, I'm really looking forward to Caska having a personality (and being useful) again. Also, I want to hear her take on recent events, it should be fascinating.
lon3vvolf
n00b Smasher

Post by lon3vvolf »

Hopefully the releases will go back to a regular schedule now. :D

Knowing how things move along so quickly in Berserk I sure do hope they reach Elfhem instead of segwaying into an ocean battle. Regardless I'm glad we switched back to Gutts and company. It should be a couple of releases before they switch to anything else.
Brainpiercing
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Brainpiercing »

Amazing, for once people are clamoring for development again, instead of battles.

Now I have one bit of news for you guys: If and when Caska is healed, I do imagine there should be a good long bit of DEVELOPMENT where nothing much happens except her coming to terms with the past events. If I were to do it, it would take a few chapters, at least. Unless there is just a major time-jump, and we are just not shown her having to learn to live again.
Brainpiercing
"Beer cures poison" - (almost) Guts.
psi29a
Godo

Post by psi29a »

Brainpiercing wrote:Amazing, for once people are clamoring for development again, instead of battles.

Now I have one bit of news for you guys: If and when Caska is healed, I do imagine there should be a good long bit of DEVELOPMENT where nothing much happens except her coming to terms with the past events. If I were to do it, it would take a few chapters, at least. Unless there is just a major time-jump, and we are just not shown her having to learn to live again.
I want to see Richert repairing the Dragonslayer and Guts chopping some more logs... 'cause you know, after 2 years (berserk time) of chopping wood, he will be at least 10x more badass.

Edit: you know what.. i'm thinking 2 years (berserk time) is equivelent of 2 years our time... considering Miura's release schedule.

hmmm, ponder that for awhile and we may come up with some better approximate ages.
Istvan
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Istvan »

Edit: you know what.. i'm thinking 2 years (berserk time) is equivelent of 2 years our time... considering Miura's release schedule.

hmmm, ponder that for awhile and we may come up with some better approximate ages.
I don't think that actually works out. After all, how long (real world) has it been since they arived at Vritanis? I can't really recall, but I think it's been at least a year (or two), and in the manga its only been a couple of days.
psi29a
Godo

Post by psi29a »

Istvan wrote:

I don't think that actually works out. After all, how long (real world) has it been since they arived at Vritanis? I can't really recall, but I think it's been at least a year (or two), and in the manga its only been a couple of days.
I was being silly, but I dunno, Guts had the ever living shit knocked out of him and had to lay in the Inn for awhile. Puck dust can only do but so much, however it does seem unlikely.
citanuzuki666
notanewb

Post by citanuzuki666 »

I agree. If caska becomes detarted then we will hear allot of talking. But I don't think it will be boring talking. She might even try to kill herself. Remember the skull knight said she might not want to be smart again.
MrFelony
E-Thug

Post by MrFelony »

She's totally going to rejoin griffith's neo-hawks. I'm calling it. If i'm wrong...well then I'm wrong. but if i'm right :twisted:

ps psi, i love the new smilies you've added on.