Berserk Chapter: 285

Evil_Genius' Berserk community, Kentaro Miura's epic masterpiece, still active and translated. (Please don't ask about older Volumes. Buy from DarkHorse and support Miura.)

Moderator: EG Members

Muk
imanewbie

Re: Berserk Chapter: 285

Post by Muk »

wow how did i miss the part saying june 22 >_<

but i can only imagine what can take 2 months worth of drawing...

maybe the details of ships? i mean they can be quite nasty to draw, especially if its mirua (sp?) with his love for detail.

hope we get back to gatts now.
Sandman
Dirty Sennin

Post by Sandman »

That is the word... Guts's cuirse boat to Elf Hell will be in the next chapter... I hope skully is aboard and we get some good info about him and the god hand.
Thank you sir, may I have another :twisted: :whip:
psi29a
Godo

Post by psi29a »

Heh, I don't mean to be downer but I think the story-line here is going to drag on for a few more chapters involving Griffith solidifying his hold on the area.

I want closure for this before moving on to Elfheim.

Oh well, I'm Miura will shock & awe us. 8)
Deathbringer
n00b eater

Post by Deathbringer »

Since the break between this chapter and 285 was bigger than usual, maybe Miura will already finish Griffith´s debate with the Nobles for leadership?

I mean, the Pope himself fell for him in front of everybody and because of that, everyone´s is already cheering for him, the work is pretty much done.

I don´t see that many chapters for closure now.
Istvan
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Istvan »

Deathbringer wrote:Since the break between this chapter and 285 was bigger than usual, maybe Miura will already finish Griffith´s debate with the Nobles for leadership?

I mean, the Pope himself fell for him in front of everybody and because of that, everyone´s is already cheering for him, the work is pretty much done.

I don´t see that many chapters for closure now.
No, I can't see the need for more then one more, at most (though I could be wrong). Possibly only a half-chapter, switching to Guts and Co. part way through. I feel like the immediate requirements for Griffith have been dealt with. Mind, there are a number of other things I'd like to see developed with him and the Neo Hawks, but I feel like it'll be awhile yet before those issues are addressed.
42ndEndOfTheWorld
This is my new home

Post by 42ndEndOfTheWorld »

I hope they won't switch to some bullshit pirate filler. That would suck as hell. Well Miura almost certainly knows better.
What is good?-Whatever augments the feeling of power, the will to power, power itself, in man.
What is evil?-Whatever springs from weakness.
What is happiness?-The feeling that power increases-that resistance is overcome.

Nietzsche
FightClub
Augh! Bright sky fire burn eyes!

Post by FightClub »

Some closure would be great, some releases from him would be even fucking better. Pride is a fucked up thing, its kept a second anime series from rolling most likely, kept a lot of games from being released -- most likely, and is holding up his production. Maybe it's time to consider some extra staffing. I mean hell it can't be worse looking than Naruto's manga. The longer these releases are drawn out by Muira the most disinterested I seem to be in Berserk, I only wish now I would've ordered the volumes as dark horse released them, or went through the volumes slower, maybe then I would be hitting reasonable turbulence instead of tremendous spikes in releases.
Rolos wrote:-He was born from a corpse? Has been killing (or assisting in the process) people ever since he was 5? Hahahaa...talk about having a shitty life. Its hilarious because he's not me.
Istvan
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Istvan »

Some closure would be great, some releases from him would be even fucking better. Pride is a fucked up thing, its kept a second anime series from rolling most likely, kept a lot of games from being released -- most likely, and is holding up his production. Maybe it's time to consider some extra staffing. I mean hell it can't be worse looking than Naruto's manga.
Not being worse looking than Naruto is not, in fact, an endorsement I would use. Frankly, I would hate it if the art in Berserk became that crappy. One of the things I love about the series is how wonderful the art is. Admitadly, I wish the releases would be faster, and the wait is frustrating, but all things have their price.
Eldo
Of The Abyss

Post by Eldo »

I think we'll switch to Guts this time, and let the Griffith storyline resolve itself off-panel. I agree with psi, there's really not much need to show how charismatic Griffith is with the rest of those nancy pansies.

I don't think half the toilet seats in the world are as clean as I should like; and only half of those are half as clean as they deserve. - tsubaimomo, July 26, 2010 3:00 am
Istvan
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Istvan »

If we do switch to Guts, I just hope there's a slight time jump at some point, since them getting in a battle at sea (against pirates? something else? who knows) would just seem lame after everything in the city.
42ndEndOfTheWorld
This is my new home

Post by 42ndEndOfTheWorld »

Istvan wrote:If we do switch to Guts, I just hope there's a slight time jump at some point, since them getting in a battle at sea (against pirates? something else? who knows) would just seem lame after everything in the city.
Yeah we really don't need and don't want any more stuff to stand between us and efhiem (or however is it spelled).
EnglishJim
This is my new home

Post by EnglishJim »

Well, this should just about settle the arguement (286 preview):

lon3vvolf
n00b Smasher

Post by lon3vvolf »

The wait is killing me! I hope that pic is not of the preview for chapter 287. Hopefully the release schedule will pick up too.
Eldo
Of The Abyss

Post by Eldo »

I called it!

I hope Serpico drowns. While fighting some killer whales and some mythical sea creatures. Maybe Guts' brand will attract them or something once the spell wears off.

I don't think half the toilet seats in the world are as clean as I should like; and only half of those are half as clean as they deserve. - tsubaimomo, July 26, 2010 3:00 am
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

Yes! I can't wait. I knew we'd get to see the Gatts Tai. Now I'm totally psyched.
Deathbringer
n00b eater

Post by Deathbringer »

Great, so it´s really moving on to Guts and co, i knew that Griffith´s storyline was concluded.

Also, awesome colored preview is awesome.
Istvan
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Istvan »

Eldo wrote:I called it!

I hope Serpico drowns. While fighting some killer whales and some mythical sea creatures. Maybe Guts' brand will attract them or something once the spell wears off.
Sadly for your hopes, in the preview they seem to be on land again, and may even have reached elfheim. I sure hope they have, anyway. More delays would be seriously agravating.

On another note, it looks like enough time has passed for at least most of Guts wounds to have healed, so that's good.
lon3vvolf
n00b Smasher

Post by lon3vvolf »

Is it me or does Gutts look like a giant compared to his posse?

*maybe they made a pit stop on land somewhere???*
God_Hand_Hater07
imanewbie

Post by God_Hand_Hater07 »

lon3vvolf wrote:Is it me or does Gutts look like a giant compared to his posse?

im pretty sure Gutts is a giant compared to any human.

FightClub
Augh! Bright sky fire burn eyes!

Post by FightClub »

lon3vvolf wrote:Is it me or does Gutts look like a giant compared to his posse?
Poor Caska, no wonder she had a mental breakdown.
Rolos wrote:-He was born from a corpse? Has been killing (or assisting in the process) people ever since he was 5? Hahahaa...talk about having a shitty life. Its hilarious because he's not me.
Chaos_Wanderer
Found the Edit button

Post by Chaos_Wanderer »

He was pretty pitete next to Pippin.
Grahf
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Grahf »

Pippin was a pimp.
"Context is for Kings"
Sandman
Dirty Sennin

Post by Sandman »

That was a long time ago he has been using his GNC protein drink and practicing with the Dragon Slayer for the last couple of years that will build some muscle... although I would think it would also stunt his growth, with all that wieght and all :cool:
Thank you sir, may I have another :twisted: :whip:
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

Gatts only takes Xience, duh. :P
lon3vvolf
n00b Smasher

Post by lon3vvolf »

Its all in the whey protein baby! On a side note, when was the last time we saw Gutts without the armor on? Seems like a long time ago, in a galaxy far far away...