About the FAQ and Grifith as King

Evil_Genius' Berserk community, Kentaro Miura's epic masterpiece, still active and translated. (Please don't ask about older Volumes. Buy from DarkHorse and support Miura.)

Moderator: EG Members

serenekaos
imanewbie

About the FAQ and Grifith as King

Post by serenekaos »

I read through the FAQ as I figured I should and saw a piece of information I felt incorrect. I have even re-watched the anime to verify....

The FAQ states that in the anime Griffith is said to be the King of Midland. I would like to know were and when, as I can't recall such a thing nor find it after re-watching the series twice...

Thanks,

-serenekaos-
BasouKazuma
Flexing spam muscles

Post by BasouKazuma »

I'm almost positive it was said in the first half of the first episode. Either that, or it was a bad translation.

Update: Yep, it was said 4 minutes into the first episode. But as i said, it could be a bad fansub translation.
NINJ4
Mastered PM

Post by NINJ4 »

I also saw it in the Fansub version when the "bandits" were harassing that one girl.

*runs off to check official version... stumbles along the way on a bumb called laziness*
RUDNICKI'S NOBEL PRINCIPLE
"Only someone who understands something absolutely can explain it so no one else can understand it."
Eldo
Of The Abyss

Post by Eldo »

Dammit, I was ready on flame mode when I entered this thread without reading the posts. Then, when I read the posts I immediately 'swing the other direction'. Selectively reading in posts doesn't cut it for me now...

In the anime, it was implied that Griffith is king, because Guts entered a bar where the bartender was talking to a barfly about 'things are worse now that Griffith is King', or it could be just talk amongst villagers in the bar. It is easy to miss, if you try to filter all the crap. Nuff said. I don't see anything wrong in the FAQ.

"I report. You believe."

I don't think half the toilet seats in the world are as clean as I should like; and only half of those are half as clean as they deserve. - tsubaimomo, July 26, 2010 3:00 am
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

That’s right; nothing wrong with my FAQ. Feel free to question any other issues though. Also, if you have a question you’d like answered, feel free to PM me, and I’ll take care of that for you. If I deem it frequent worthy, I might also put it in the FAQ. ;)
Balor645
imanewbie

Post by Balor645 »

Here's a question then starnum, where did you find some of the information about the relationship between Geiserac and Void? I saw a timeline somewhere that stated that Void became the first member of the godhand around the same time Geiserac fell. Any info on which issues point that out?
"Forward he cried, from the Rear, and the front lines died. The General Sat, and the lines on the map moved from side to side." -- Pink Floyd
Arresty
Conversation Killer

Post by Arresty »

As far as when each God Hand was born, is completely speculation. Different people have different guesses. The time-line you are referring to is probably the one on http://www.skullknight.net/. It is only their speculation of when each was born, not from Miura. On the official berserk page which is translated in one of the topics here(you can search for it) they have the official time-line, but that does not include anything about God Hand and stuff, only what we know as concrete information.
Eldo
Of The Abyss

Post by Eldo »

Yep, what Arresty said. There's no concrete information supplied by Muira that suggests or gives any information about the God Hand's past except for Femto. So far, the foundation of these theories are based merely on little points that Muira has left for us and the rest are put together purely by the fans' imagination. Just subtle hints from the manga that we the fans build on to what it is today.

I don't think half the toilet seats in the world are as clean as I should like; and only half of those are half as clean as they deserve. - tsubaimomo, July 26, 2010 3:00 am
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

Yeah, these guys have pretty much summed it up. As all of the veterans of this board know, we’ve spend hours discussing and researching the God Hand. We've pretty much been through it all. However, there is one point that I would like to reiterate, which is still a good one to keep in mind. Mozgus says that during the time of Gaiseric, he had a man locked in a tower, and this man was being tortured for some heinous crime. It's my belief that this man was Void. This is where I really begin to speculate, but it's my theory that Void had a behelit, and he was broken down in a similar fashion as Griffith. If you look a Void, he resembles a horrible torture victim. I believe he activated his behelit, and met with the Idea of Evil. Then it all begins from there. As for the birth of the rest of the God Hand, there's not even enough information for me to fuck with it. ;)
Balor645
imanewbie

Post by Balor645 »

Hmmm perhaps, but Mozgus says:
"In this tower a wise man was once imprisoned by Gaiseric the conqueror. They say that in the midst of all kinds of torture he continued to implore god to punish the crimes of the king, until finally some angels appeared."

Now when he states "wise man" that definitely points to Void, sense void has that huge brain of his. But, it says "until finally some angels apeared" that would be the godhand, I'd assume. Right? Some of them had to be around before Void in that case. And the timeline shows void to be the first I believe.

Anyways, hope maybe when they get to elfhiem the elf king will have some storys to tell about Gaiseric. :D
"Forward he cried, from the Rear, and the front lines died. The General Sat, and the lines on the map moved from side to side." -- Pink Floyd
serenekaos
imanewbie

Post by serenekaos »

Balor's avatar.......
I cant help but to stare and chuckle.....

Good call on the King thing, I guess I misunderstood. Or it was mis-translated.

EDIT: Rofl, after I saved the gif, it plays alot slower in an image viewer then the hyper speed I see in Firefox. It's to crazy hehe
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

This may be cruel of me, but I find Balor’s avatar to be repulsive. Anyway, thanks for posting the actual quote Balor. I was just too lazy to go look at it, but I remembered what it said, pretty much. Anyway, couldn’t the descent of the “angels” have been after Void had ascended to the God Hand. Also, maybe the legend had changed over time. Anyway, we don’t really know enough now to really say. We learned a long time ago that there’s still far to many holes in the God Hand’s past to worry about it too much. So anyway…
Arresty
Conversation Killer

Post by Arresty »

I believe that the descent of the angles was after Void. I believe they first just appeared to the Wise man and then he made his sacrifice and ascended to being Void, and then appeared in front of Gaisarec and destroyed the kingdom. The fact that they say 4 angles appeared makes me think that Void is the newest member to the God Hand next to Femto. I wonder if as each member joins they become the leader til the next member joins who then takes over, and maybe a God Hand is born every 1000 years or so, but that is all speculation.
Eldo
Of The Abyss

Post by Eldo »

Well, in the tower of rebirth (was it called that?) rescuing Griffith, the same story was told, only someone mentioned 5 angels, and later corrected to 4. And at the bottom of the tower, there were skulls that had the brand on their forehead. That indicates some sort of eclipse event occurred there at some point. Well, I'm not sure that Gaiseric could be Void, since they sent 'angels' to punish him and totally destroyed his kingdom. I don't see how he could activate the behelit either. But let's leave it at that. :wink:

Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

Arresty: I'm pretty sure Void came before the other God Hand. Actually, the part of the legend about the four "angels" descending doesn't make any sense. See, there's an eclipse every 250 years, or something like that. Now, if we assume a new God Hand comes about during each eclipse, then obviously the other God Hand had to come after Void, if he was indeed the wise man. See, it's just doesn't add up. How could all of them be there a thousand years ago?

Eldo: No one said Gaiseric was Void. We said the wise man that Gaiseric was having tortured was Void.

Argh! Things just don't add up right now though, so let's forget about it for now. I just hope Miura gets it right, and doesn’t leave us with a plot hole. I have faith though.
Eldo
Of The Abyss

Post by Eldo »

Starnum wrote:Eldo: No one said Gaiseric was Void. We said the wise man that Gaiseric was having tortured was Void.
You're right. I was reading another thread that had some SK discussion and I musta fused the ideas together. My bad. Curses to selective reading!

Arresty
Conversation Killer

Post by Arresty »

Starnum wrote:Arresty: I'm pretty sure Void came before the other God Hand. Actually, the part of the legend about the four "angels" descending doesn't make any sense. See, there's an eclipse every 250 years, or something like that. Now, if we assume a new God Hand comes about during each eclipse, then obviously the other God Hand had to come after Void, if he was indeed the wise man. See, it's just doesn't add up. How could all of them be there a thousand years ago?
You yourself say you assume that a God Hand is born every eclipse, but no where does it say a God Hand is born at an eclipse, it just says an eclipse occurs every 250 years or whatever. So its possible that maybe God Hand come every 1000 years or something different, and that Void was the last one, and the other eclipses that occur, are just feasts for fun or something, or someone else not God Hand powerful, but still more powerful then normal apostles is born. I also think that the reason the story was told and originally said 5, but then was later corrected to be 4 is to show that its the God Hand minus one person. I think Miura wanted us to make that connection.

But like you said there is not enough information to know for sure, but I think that the God Hand is not born at every eclipse. But we won't know until later.
Eldo
Of The Abyss

Post by Eldo »

Dammit, what is with the sudden talk involving SK/Gaiseric/God hand related topics lately :P ? We have three threads that talk about these topics!! So far, we haven't got any new material to build on the already established theories, and it feels like reminiscence of the SK/God Hand threads back in DP. Man, I'm tired. :twisted:

Arresty
Conversation Killer

Post by Arresty »

Yeah when I came back and started reading the responses to my posts, I was getting confused to what was said where and by who. I think we should try to get all these back on topic.
Dark_Zilo
Augh! Bright sky fire burn eyes!

Post by Dark_Zilo »

it isn't always easy to do that.
most of the times one can't just stay to the topic
The most beautiful thing in life is life itself
Get bitten by me
Arresty
Conversation Killer

Post by Arresty »

Yeah, and with this one we have pretty much already answered the question. I don't think there is much of a topic to go back to now.
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

In that case, I'm shutting it down.

Shuuketsu!

*He unsheathes his sword with amazing speed and then slashes through the air. In the same motion he slides the elven broadsword back into its scabbard, even as the fabrics of reality tear apart, leaving nothing but a vast expanse of nothingness in its wake*