Silent Hill

Welcome to the official EG Gaming Buzkashi League (EGBL).

Moderator: EG Members

Starnum
Elven King

Re: Silent Hill

Post by Starnum »

Yeah, that would be pretty wicked, actually.
War Machine
Tastes like burning!

Post by War Machine »

Gameplay's not horrible, but it is in dire need of improvement. Silent Hill 4 fixed a lot of movement issues and gameplay felt great, but the addition of the ghosts blew it. Storywise, it was as great as always.
"Clearly my escape had not been anticipated, or my benevolent master would not have expended such efforts to prevent me from going. And if my departure displeased him, then that was a victory, however small, for me." - Raziel
LordMune
Femto's Favorite Member

Post by LordMune »

War Machine wrote:Gameplay's not horrible, but it is in dire need of improvement. Silent Hill 4 fixed a lot of movement issues and gameplay felt great, but the addition of the ghosts blew it. Storywise, it was as great as always.
Uh... what? The ghosts were the best thing to happen to that game, but the story was laughable.
"I love a buz" - LordMune, 2012
War Machine
Tastes like burning!

Post by War Machine »

It may not have been as great as the others, but it was still above average. And the ghosts weren't that bad actually, but almost everyone hated them.
"Clearly my escape had not been anticipated, or my benevolent master would not have expended such efforts to prevent me from going. And if my departure displeased him, then that was a victory, however small, for me." - Raziel
Femto
Devourer of Children

Post by Femto »

I played Silent Hill 3 and I'm pretty much done with the series.

I tried to pick it up a few months ago and found it unplayable.

Maybe I'll try a next-gen version if they make the game a little more exciting.
Shisho
Augh! Bright sky fire burn eyes!

Post by Shisho »

Let's see here, Silent Hill had a creepy atmosphere, but eventually you realized there weren't really any monsters in the game. The school house was the pinacle of the game pretty much. The controls sucked, bad weapons, the framerate I remember being so bad that's why they had to put so much fog in it, and the story... Was there really a story? Didn't notice.

Resident Evil was amazing when it first came out, but they really should've gave it a rest. Part 2 was ok, and take it down a notch from there on out.

They should just learn to leave a success just that, a success, instead of smothering it.