::Bleach::

Have a fetish for dead wood comics, or you just like the better story development of the Manga? Post about 'em here.

Moderator: EG Members

ShinigamiGuts
n00b Smasher

Re: ::Bleach::

Post by ShinigamiGuts »

dude nothing was explained during that arc
ShinigamiGuts
n00b Smasher

Post by ShinigamiGuts »

SADO-KUN IS A SOUL SUCKER?
Grahf
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Grahf »

actually tite is a soul sucker.
"Context is for Kings"
Mail
Mastered PM

Post by Mail »

Soon we'll hear about their arch-enemies, the soul blowers. Then shall begin the ultimate contest of sucking and blowing.
ShinigamiGuts
n00b Smasher

Post by ShinigamiGuts »

They actually have a greater enemy the soul steamers they take a shit on your chest and on the manga while you're reading
War Machine
Tastes like burning!

Post by War Machine »

Other people cut their wrists or drink heavily or attempt to harm themselves in another way as a cry for help...

I read Bleach.
"Clearly my escape had not been anticipated, or my benevolent master would not have expended such efforts to prevent me from going. And if my departure displeased him, then that was a victory, however small, for me." - Raziel
Mail
Mastered PM

Post by Mail »

You should probably start drinking heavily instead. You'll keep more of your brain cells that way.
ShinigamiGuts
n00b Smasher

Post by ShinigamiGuts »

I understand at one time the swastica wasn't the evil symbol used by nazis but why does kubo keep using it when its no longer seen as a peaceful symbol?
papasith
Augh! Bright sky fire burn eyes!

Post by papasith »

because tite is a natzi
Artezul
Flexing spam muscles

Post by Artezul »

ShinigamiGuts wrote:I understand at one time the swastica wasn't the evil symbol used by nazis but why does kubo keep using it when its no longer seen as a peaceful symbol?
I tried to justify the image at first by reasoning that I shouldn't let my preconceptions make this connect. But regardless of any justification I could think of, I still came to the same conclusion: "Why a swastika ...?" So unless if Ichigo's fullbringer is a giant sun beam, this was a faux pas.

Then again, I'm not sure the swastika has the same negative connotation in the East as it does here in the West.

On a side note, the Fullbringer abilities remind me of the Territory talents in Yu Yu Hakusho. To me, it's a good thing.
"Don't you get it yet?! If she's beautiful, you'll die instantly!!" Chopper
dialdfordesi
I live in a giant bucket.

Post by dialdfordesi »

The swastika is pretty religious in the east still. My mom gets all sorts of hindu stuff adorned with it.
Trust me, I'm a doctor!
Artezul
Flexing spam muscles

Post by Artezul »

Does your mom attach a meaning to the symbol, or is it simply something that's from her life time?
dialdfordesi
I live in a giant bucket.

Post by dialdfordesi »

She regards it as holy as Om or any depictions if the gods. There's a few holy days where an arrangement is made with lentil seeds (the seeds are orange and yellow) with a swastika in the middle. I know Buddhists and some native Americans use the symbol as well.

On another note, in third grade my class had to make a symbol of something important in our family life and it was right after a prayer where my mom had my brother and I draw swastikas, so naturally I did that, not even knowing what the hell a Nazi even was.
Trust me, I'm a doctor!
Artezul
Flexing spam muscles

Post by Artezul »

Unless if your teacher was Asian, I'm guessing she had a hell of a reaction..
ShinigamiGuts
n00b Smasher

Post by ShinigamiGuts »

So what was the message that made the other site fire a translator
Sandman
Dirty Sennin

Post by Sandman »

Not sure about all this fulbringer business but ichigo flinging around a giant Nazi symbol is pretty funny... i wander how they will adapt that in American version
Thank you sir, may I have another :twisted: :whip:
Grahf
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Grahf »

Wow wtfh is going on in this series?
"Context is for Kings"
papasith
Augh! Bright sky fire burn eyes!

Post by papasith »

So is Kubo bringing this out of the gutter back in to something interesting recently?
thoughts?

some of the recent turns have been decent, not amazing but enough for me to not question why the hell i habitually waste my time reading it.
Artezul
Flexing spam muscles

Post by Artezul »

Anyone see that giant diagonal white space in the last panel of this week's manga that supposedly represents Ichigo's return to his previous state?

Anyone else also notice that he FUCKING COMPLETELY MISSED?!
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

[spoiler]So Ichigo's got his shinigami powers back now. I think everyone was pretty much expecting as much to happen. The part with all the captains helping was cool tho. So now he's stronger than ever before. The bit with the Getsuga Tensho was pretty sweet.

*Australian Accent* That wasn't a Getsuga Tensho. THIS is a Getsuga Tensho!
[/spoiler]
dos.azn
the_Gook_of_EG

Post by dos.azn »

Honestly I've been pretty disappointed with Bleach. Oldies like Starnum will probably be shocked considering back in the days, I used to be like "omg bleach is so good, it might even be better than berserk!" but the reason berserk remains a kingpin in the manga world is its consistency over time and over multiple story arcs. Its really gone downhill since the Soul Society Arc. The Arrancar, Hueco Muedo, and Kazakura Town arcs were alright but fights drag out way too long and there really is no need for them to be so long because in the end, we know the good guy either lives or comes close to dying but lives anyway and the bad guy dies, because Kubo Tite lacks the cahonas to kill off a good guy character (I don't really count Tousen or Gin as good guys). The Lost Substitute Arc is jus painful, its like Kubo ran out of ideas and just decided to bring Fullbring into the mix without any care for whether it makes sense or not. I hope Kubo wraps up the series in one or two more arcs and just put an end to it before it gets even worse.
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

Yeah, I totally agree. Honestly I think it should've ended with the last arc. It feels like it's "jumped the shark" at this point. I look forward to the day when Bleach attains its former glory, but in the meantime I'm not holding my breath. I doubt it'll ever be as good as it was in the beginning.
dos.azn
the_Gook_of_EG

Post by dos.azn »

Yea I remember stopping Bleach during the Fake Kazakura Town Arc right after Soi Fong's fight and assumed this would be the final arc. It kinda did set up a good finale with Ichigo eventually losing his powers to stop Aizen, but instead of him dying (OMG THE BAD GUY DOESNT DIE THIS FIGHT?!) Kubo has him imprisoned for 20,000 years, which I guess in Shinigami years is a life sentence, but leaves the possibility of Aizen returning in the future. So we'll likely have one last final arc with Aizen as the main antagonist again, but way to milk it Kubo. The end of Bleach will probably be like the end of the TV Show Entourage, no one will give a shit by then.
thepeaguy
notanewb

Post by thepeaguy »

Eh, I still like Bleach. I regard it as a different animal to Berserk, so I don't get frustrated with it. Fullbring Ark is all right, but I feel it needs to end soon - the series that is.

Aizen's coming back. We haven't seen his Bankai yet. I dunno why he couldn't use it to own Ichigo. Kubo, you tard.
robeetfk1985
imanewbie

Post by robeetfk1985 »

I ve promised for me that i will not die till Bleach ends. Kubo is not on top nowadays, some says that he will break up the story.
So I will live forever...