::History's strongest disciple Kenichi::

Have a fetish for dead wood comics, or you just like the better story development of the Manga? Post about 'em here.

Moderator: EG Members

TheParagon
Mastered PM

::History's strongest disciple Kenichi::

Post by TheParagon »

Great manga abouta guy with "no talent" that learns martial arts to defend himself and his friends. Also good humour in it, and some ecchi. Very charmy manga, that i highly recommend. Anyone else here that reads it?

loved the latest chapter btw (ch 404) :)
Starnum
Elven King

Re: ::History's strongest disciple Kenichi::

Post by Starnum »

I've only seen the first 5 - 10 episodes of the anime, but it seemed pretty decent.
Mail
Mastered PM

Post by Mail »

Oh wow, there was no HSDK thread?

Pretty good martial arts manga with plenty of lighthearted humor. I like it.
TheParagon
Mastered PM

Post by TheParagon »

yeah i know, i was surprised too to see that there wasnt a hsdk-thread. the anime is good, but unfortunally it only covers the first arc.

i was really shocked to see that they killed of the one that died most recently (i speak vague not to spoil, all who have read it knows who im speaking of), but it also led to a superb development. i really like this last fight :)
Sandman
Dirty Sennin

Post by Sandman »

Watched all the anime but dont know where to start on the manga... I dont want to read everything I watched just seems like too much work :evil:
Thank you sir, may I have another :twisted: :whip:
Mail
Mastered PM

Post by Mail »

TheParagon wrote:yeah i know, i was surprised too to see that there wasnt a hsdk-thread. the anime is good, but unfortunally it only covers the first arc.

i was really shocked to see that they killed of the one that died most recently (i speak vague not to spoil, all who have read it knows who im speaking of), but it also led to a superb development. i really like this last fight :)
It definitely looks like he died, but you can never be sure in shounen manga. It would be an incredible development if he did though. I'll miss him T_T

And yea, the last fight was pretty awesome.
TheParagon
Mastered PM

Post by TheParagon »

if ace could die in one piece, then maybe... i think he died though, although u never know in mangas :)
fujinsan
Flexing spam muscles

Post by fujinsan »

He got a fist punched through his kidney, I'm pretty sure if he doesn't get medical attention soon he will die, but shounen manga has defied all the laws of physics before why not now? It would definatly give more depth to hsdk, that's for sure. [spoiler]Kenichi's woopin' ass and miu is trying to get to him to save em, he's already done kickin, that muay thai fighters shit in.[/spoiler]
TheParagon
Mastered PM

Post by TheParagon »

new chap out, great chap. but...

[spoiler]is he really alive? if he is it would feel a bit weird if he didnt die in the next chapters, this time for real, protecting kenichi[/spoiler]
Mail
Mastered PM

Post by Mail »

The way it happened felt like a dieing act, but you never know...

This is shounen after all. I can totally see the author pulling a survival out of his ass. Maybe along the lines of he moved his vital organs out of the way or he's just so superhuman that his vitality allowed him to stay alive. I will miss him if he dies, but at this point I feel like he needs to die or the whole experience will ring hollow.
TheParagon
Mastered PM

Post by TheParagon »

my thoughts exactly
TheParagon
Mastered PM

Post by TheParagon »

double post!

anyways

new ch out...and...

[spoiler]seems like he will die afterall, and the way he does it in is good. but once again, u never know[/spoiler]
Mail
Mastered PM

Post by Mail »

[spoiler]At this point I'm 90% sure he's gonna die. Assuming he does, I think it'll be Kenichi's most challenging trial yet. He'll have to get over both the loss of a master and close friend and the sudden realization of mortality. Yea, he already knew he was constantly in danger, but having one of his masters die will really bring home the point that NO ONE is safe in this war.[/spoiler]
fujinsan
Flexing spam muscles

Post by fujinsan »

Yeah after seeing a close up of where he got hit, it's right above his kidney. Even though he didn't lose an organ, he's still in a serious situation unless he gets medical attention as soon as possible. Since this is a shounen manga however, it defy's the laws of physics entirely so he may still survive.
[spoiler]Called it[/spoiler]
TheParagon
Mastered PM

Post by TheParagon »

[spoiler]looks like he will survive after all, i like his characted, but i also like it when noone is safe from dying, more thrilling then[/spoiler]
fujinsan
Flexing spam muscles

Post by fujinsan »

yeah but I like it when there's control to the nobodies safe from dieing thing. I mean in Gantz absolutely nobody was and or is safe from dieing, hell the main character even died. Oh well I guess we'll be seeing more of apachi and just enjoy this manga for what it is, a fighting manga.
Last edited by fujinsan on Mon Nov 15, 2010 11:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mail
Mastered PM

Post by Mail »

On reflection, I should not have even considered him dieing. The tone of the entire manga so far as been the opposite, a lighthearted fighting adventure with a few other themes mixed in. I suppose that while the death might have added a bit of depth to the story, it would have also 1)Taken away a cherished character and 2)Changed that lighthearted feeling. This far in it would make little sense to make a change that could so drastically affect the fanbase. So yea. No death, same old same old. Like fujinsan said, just gotta enjoy it for what it is.
Artezul
Flexing spam muscles

Post by Artezul »

I was sincerely hoping that Apachi would bite the bullet. One of the master's dying would've added a nice layer of grit to it, but at least this was a good indication that none of the main cast is likely of dying outside of having two bullets put into their skulls. Two.

The (puncture?) wound was the size of a softball for fucks sakes.
"Don't you get it yet?! If she's beautiful, you'll die instantly!!" Chopper
fujinsan
Flexing spam muscles

Post by fujinsan »

Yeah it was but I've seen people in real life recover from far worse.
Sandman
Dirty Sennin

Post by Sandman »

Read from were the anime leaves off finally, and it was worth it :twisted: got to love all the nip slips :twisted: although I thought they would be closer to the end of the series by now... Kenichi still has a shit load of Yomi to fight :twisted:
TheParagon
Mastered PM

Post by TheParagon »

liked the last chapter, how they sorta confessed their feelings (about time) and the elder's reaction :)
Satinn
imanewbie

Post by Satinn »

I wanna start reading the manga but theres so many chapters that I dont know where to start :( . I saw the animated series up to the end but I dont know where the series left off in the manga chapters.
Grahf
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Grahf »

Well if you have the time/patience I suggest going from the beginning you'll have to go through alot. Good the bad and the ugly but its worth it. At least I think so. *shruggs*
"Context is for Kings"
Sandman
Dirty Sennin

Post by Sandman »

This is probably one of my favorite manga series now, besides berserk, go to love Miu :twisted:
Sandman
Dirty Sennin

Post by Sandman »

They final ended it, the final chapter was dumb but you get to see, on the last page, a sneak peak into the future. Hope they start on the next Manga series soon, or else it is going to cause a lull in my manga reading :evil: