::Claymore::

Have a fetish for dead wood comics, or you just like the better story development of the Manga? Post about 'em here.

Moderator: EG Members

Sandman
Dirty Sennin

::Claymore::

Post by Sandman »

So I see a lot of people talking about this one in the currently reading but it doesnt have its own thread.

Claymore: a manga about "women" who carry big swords who's task is to kill Yoma (Devils or Vampires or something like that). The tasks are handed out by some Organization that gets requests from humans to slay Yoma.

That is the cut and dry version, the story is a lot more interesting but you will have to read to find that out...or watch the anime (thats what I did :kekeke: )... but trust me you will not be disapointed :twisted:

You can DL from your favorite sites or mine Anime Eden.com or mangadownloads.com

As of now there are only 12 volumes but 13 is three chapters in so get reading :twisted:
Thank you sir, may I have another :twisted: :whip:
Brainpiercing
Crusher of Dreams

Re: ::Claymore::

Post by Brainpiercing »

Incidentally the guy who is scanlating it posts at Digital Panic, EGs old home.

Also, it'll take a while until 74 comes out, because the magazine that used to carry the manga in Japan has been axed, and now it'll be moved to a new magazine.
Brainpiercing
"Beer cures poison" - (almost) Guts.
Grahf
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Grahf »

I actually liked the extra story. A little more Teresa is always a great thing. Though the version I read had shitty quality.
"Context is for Kings"
newbified
n00b Smasher

Post by newbified »

10sigh is old school over at Digital Panic.

It's a shame that the manga is monthly, but I guess you can't have everything once a week. And yeah, the next chapter (74) won't be out until November 2nd. Quite a way.

And I have to say, the extra chapter that introduced Teresa's past was awesome ;).
Steeples scrape the sky, Praising God.
Everything here exists for God, is sacrificed to God.
For those who have nothing to sacrifice,
It can be a very heartless city indeed.
Brainpiercing
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Brainpiercing »

Damn, I didn't get that extra chapter. Got to look again....
Brainpiercing
RedEyes
n00b Smasher

Post by RedEyes »

Too bad that there will only be extra stories for the next couple of months. Hope the mangaka recharges his creativity meanwhile ...
Grandfather_of_Lies
notanewb

Post by Grandfather_of_Lies »

The seceond exta sceen is a bit boring (to me at least), bit the third was ok. I just hope that the info on ch74 going out November 2nd is true. The anime will end somewhere around that time and i wont have anything to read (not true but still, i need Claymore to sustain myself)
Jack! Jack!
Jack in a Box
Jack of all Trades
Grandfather_of_Lies
notanewb

Damn! I can't wait a few more days till the release. And god know how long it will take for the chapter to get translated.
Jack! Jack!
Jack in a Box
Jack of all Trades
Gzhindra
imanewbie

Post by Gzhindra »

Ch 74 is just awsome!
[spoiler]Galatea's sexier than ever :D I love her new look, she look pissed all the time.
It's weird tho that she's blind. She's supposed to be a defensive type and should have regenerated her eyes.
Now she reminds me a little bit of Shaka in Saint Seiya :colbert:[/spoiler]
Grahf
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Grahf »

Gzhindra wrote:Ch 74 is just awsome!
[spoiler]Galatea's sexier than ever :D I love her new look, she look pissed all the time.
It's weird tho that she's blind. She's supposed to be a defensive type and should have regenerated her eyes.
Now she reminds me a little bit of Shaka in Saint Seiya :colbert:[/spoiler]
I was pleasantly surprised to see chapter 74.

[spoiler]I wonder what made her lose her eyes. Also it was a mistake on her part to reveal that she couldn't see. Now she will have to deal with the wild child who is going to fight her with no regard.[/spoiler]
"Context is for Kings"
Brainpiercing
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Brainpiercing »

[spoiler]Miata and the red-head are clearly introduced as good characters. They won't seriously fight Galatea. They'll fight the awakened being that has just announced its presence together and then probably just let her go. Claymore so far doesn't have any ambiguous characters, I doubt that will change. Also, Galatea didn't regenerate her eyes probably because she didn't want to. After she announced that her youki sense has improved even more she doesn't need eyes at all in a fight. Noone with just a bit of youki can touch her, she's probably stronger than ever.[/spoiler]
Brainpiercing
Deathbringer
n00b eater

Post by Deathbringer »

Miata and the red-head are clearly introduced as good characters.
Claire i agree, Miata is a crazy powder keg about to explode if not controlled which is something Claire knows how to do well.
Grandfather_of_Lies
notanewb

Brainpiercing wrote:[spoiler]Miata and the red-head are clearly introduced as good characters. They won't seriously fight Galatea. They'll fight the awakened being that has just announced its presence together and then probably just let her go. Claymore so far doesn't have any ambiguous characters, I doubt that will change. Also, Galatea didn't regenerate her eyes probably because she didn't want to. After she announced that her youki sense has improved even more she doesn't need eyes at all in a fight. No one with just a bit of youki can touch her, she's probably stronger than ever.[/spoiler]
On the other hand i hope that after the sentence: Miata release your youki. She transformed into something really nasty and is about to get out of control.
Jack! Jack!
Jack in a Box
Jack of all Trades
Grahf
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Grahf »

Miata can't be controlled thats why she is perfect for hunting down galatea
"Context is for Kings"
Restricted18
imanewbie

Post by Restricted18 »

Hmm, I wouldn't say there are any good or bad/evil characters in Claymore. That suggests that the characters are a lot more shallow than (I believe) they are. But if we were going to make that distinction, with clare and crew on the good side and awakened beings and yoma on the bad side, then miata and clarice would probably be neutral ;)
But I personally don't believe there are any good/evil characters, or even a good/evil struggle. Yoma themselves aren't necessarily "evil" - they're just very dangerous - like something more feral and intelligent than a dangerous beast.
The primary struggle is Clare against Priscilla: Clare doesn't fight for good (though she may embody 'good' aspects), she fights for revenge. Isley and Priscilla don't fight for evil, they fight for conquest. (Well, Priscilla not even that.)
The Organisation I think is the closest to 'evil', but not because they're evil but because they're callous, immoral and threatening. Warriors are just the tools of the Organisation to dispose of the pests called Yoma and Awakened Beings (and more recently, renegade Claymores). Clarice and Miata are those tools the Organisation is using to dispose of Galatea - who herself isn't a threat to anyone anymore, though one could argue that she'll eventually become an awakened being and threaten humans, but what's the likelihood of that with her suppressing her Yoki completely for many years? The organisation also claims to be the protectors of humankind and yet demands huge sums of money to render this protection service. I have a suspicion that the Organisation has ties to the origins of the Yoma themselves - like an experiment gone wrong (but maybe not). The ambiguity of the Organisation's origins and purpose make them the most threatening players in the world of Claymore - but, you still couldn't call them evil.

I agree that Galatea chose not to regenerate her eyes. Of course another reason would have to be that it would be much easier to exist among humans when they can't see your silver eyes - because you don't have any.
Grahf
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Grahf »

hey I like this guy/gal restricted18. All valid points and I agree with the organisation being behind yomas.

edit; Newest chapter is case and point as to why the organization is the bad guy.
"Context is for Kings"
Brainpiercing
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Brainpiercing »

75 is out. Google is your friend.

A sexy monster, bloodshed and some weirdness.
Brainpiercing
Shiva
Mastered PM

Post by Shiva »

Chapter 75? Please someone lend an "arm"? Again ... Maybe Irene? Oh i forgot oops ... anyway ... One of my favorite gonna die again ... crap:P
Brainpiercing
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Brainpiercing »

Shiva wrote:Chapter 75? Please someone lend an "arm"? Again ... Maybe Irene? Oh i forgot oops ... anyway ... One of my favorite gonna die again ... crap:P
Is it just me, or does none of this make any sense at all?
Brainpiercing
Shiva
Mastered PM

Post by Shiva »

Maybe you are right or you did not read Claymore properly? Some chapters before Clare also lost her limb in battle with Ophelia. And the one who lend her new one was Irene? Any other questions?
Grahf
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Grahf »

Brainpiercing wrote:
Shiva wrote:Chapter 75? Please someone lend an "arm"? Again ... Maybe Irene? Oh i forgot oops ... anyway ... One of my favorite gonna die again ... crap:P
Is it just me, or does none of this make any sense at all?
well I got a chuckle out of the Irene coment actually.
"Context is for Kings"
Brainpiercing
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Brainpiercing »

[spoiler]Ack, I'd somehow missed that she loses an arm in the chapter.[/spoiler]
Brainpiercing
Shiva
Mastered PM

Post by Shiva »

Grahf wrote:well I got a chuckle out of the Irene coment actually.
Hyh and that was the meaning of this:P
Brainpiercing wrote:[spoiler]Ack, I'd somehow missed that she loses an arm in the chapter.[/spoiler]
Uhh how can you missed that ? Page 30 (Obxist version) shows that clearly:P ... anyway ...

One thought about future :P If she will survive then she will surrely regenerate her arm fully due to her defensive type.
Last edited by Shiva on Sun Dec 09, 2007 5:28 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Grahf
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Grahf »

Brainpiercing wrote:[spoiler]Ack, I'd somehow missed that she loses an arm in the chapter.[/spoiler]

that has been happening to quite a bit of characters as of late. Bleach, Naruto, Claymore I'm sure I'm missing one somewhere else. ..... ........ I guess thats it.
"Context is for Kings"
Brainpiercing
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Brainpiercing »

Guts?

[spoiler]Well, I was looking at all the speech bubbles, and it doesn't actually show how she loses it, just that somehow her defense fails and then it's gone. And even without that, the dialogue still makes sense.[/spoiler]
Brainpiercing