Zetman

Have a fetish for dead wood comics, or you just like the better story development of the Manga? Post about 'em here.

Moderator: EG Members

Nekomimi
imanewbie

Zetman

Post by Nekomimi »

I couldn't believe it. NO threads for zetman!
Am I the only one who likes this, gory, a bit sexist, maybe cruel, but so
damn cool manga?

Hmfp, I didn't intend to start reading it, I knew nothing about it. But it was an Evil_Genius scanlation! So I begun xD

And I love your work, as usually.

Im mostly drooling over the main character Jin. But the main attraction is the story itself. Ahh, and the art. I love manga the more detailed it is.

The storyline is creepy. I got hooked after the first few chapters with the young Jin jumping around and asking money for saving people. I just have the bad feeling this manga will be sad.

Lets talk!
Finito
I live in a giant bucket.

Post by Finito »

Well Zetman isn't in my top 40, but it's still a good read if your into seinen with some violence and action.
Avulsion
imanewbie

Post by Avulsion »

The mangaka's pace is killing me.
DeepimpacT
imanewbie

Post by DeepimpacT »

Alpha Nosferatu wrote:The mangaka's pace is killing me.
Totally AGREED!!! I think it's like one chapter a month in Japan :?
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

Yeah, the pace of the releases is horrible, but I like it. It's no Berserk or anything, but it's alright. I do like the art too, it can be pretty detailed sometimes.
uncempt
Buzkashi wannabe

Post by uncempt »

I think it's awesome. It's totally brutal in places but then Jin is really sweet. I also think it'll be interesting once that blonde kid is set up as a 'hero' for contrast with Jin.

What chapter's it up to in Japan anyway?
Libaax
Of The Abyss

Post by Libaax »

Me i havent read Zetman for a long time.

I read it mostly cause i like Jin and the art is something special sometimes.

How is the story? The last i read was that rich kid losing his hand when he tried to play a superhero.

Has Jin reappeared in the story yet?
Albator
Hikikomori

Post by Albator »

Jin is now the focus.
Libaax
Of The Abyss

Post by Libaax »

Good i was tiring of the whiney rich kid.
smac
imanewbie

Re: Zetman

Post by smac »

I just finished reading chapter 80 and I wanted to jump in here and show my appreciation for bringing such a great manga to the masses. Thank You Evil Genius from Bogotá, Colombia.
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

I'm glad you enjoyed it.
Avulsion
imanewbie

Post by Avulsion »

I wasn't speaking of the speed of releases but the content inside them. The character development is frequently drawn out to the point of dull; although I can't say that about the last few chapters. They were interesting.
uncempt
Buzkashi wannabe

Post by uncempt »

I thought it was pretty quick moving. Probably cos I read it all in one go!

Anyway, any theories on where it's going? I kinda reckon Jin'll be switching sides to keep the players in line rather than exterminating them. He might even end up protecting them from richboy. I mean, most of them are just blending in and getting by, right?
Eldo
Of The Abyss

Post by Eldo »

Kouga will join the players' side to piss off daddy and gramps, while Jin hunts down the players. Jin becomes a sort of Blade Runner against those players, and eventually will clash with Kouga (from the very first scene).

I don't think half the toilet seats in the world are as clean as I should like; and only half of those are half as clean as they deserve. - tsubaimomo, July 26, 2010 3:00 am
miyagiCE
Tastes like burning!

Post by miyagiCE »

On this occasion it should be mentioned that there won't be any new Zetman until the next volume is released in Japan. I as well as other group members, refuse to work with inferior magazine raws.

That said, enjoy.
wilham
imanewbie

Post by wilham »

miyagiCE wrote:On this occasion it should be mentioned that there won't be any new Zetman until the next volume is released in Japan. I as well as other group members, refuse to work with inferior magazine raws.

That said, enjoy.
I know its been 4 months but still.

Do you know when that'll be?

And could you point me in the direction of the raws for chapters 81 on. Thanks.
LordMune
Femto's Favorite Member

Post by LordMune »

1. We don't post raws.

2. Volume 8 is slated for release on the 19th of October. That's ten days.
"I love a buz" - LordMune, 2012
Kurodoura
imanewbie

Post by Kurodoura »

So is the whole volume going to be scaned and released or will it be released chapter by chapter
Finito

Post by Finito »

Kurodoura wrote:So is the whole volume going to be scaned and released or will it be released chapter by chapter
Is it a question? Where is the "?"?, anyway Mr. post count = 1, imanewbie, joined oct 23, who doesnt read rules, I suggest you wise up a little bit or start learning the human torch stunt.
Kurodoura
imanewbie

Post by Kurodoura »

I looked around for a while but couldn’t find the rule thread. Could do you post a link to it?
Grandfather_of_Lies
notanewb

Post by Grandfather_of_Lies »

Well, it is true that there isn't a topic with rules in it, but if you are addicted to internet (and i suspect you are since you are trying to get your paws on new releases straight from the people that translate it) then you have the common sense to understand that it will be translated and released one way or the other. Preferably in chapters so that we don't get the whole thing and then have to wait another five months.

And one other thing. :twisted: Don't let the scary man with a strange hairdo and funny eyes frighten you. :twisted:
Jack! Jack!
Jack in a Box
Jack of all Trades
Eldo
Of The Abyss

Post by Eldo »

Grandfather_of_Lies wrote:Well, it is true that there isn't a topic with rules in it, but if you are addicted to internet (and i suspect you are since you are trying to get your paws on new releases straight from the people that translate it) then you have the common sense to understand that it will be translated and released one way or the other.
Right.
Grandfather_of_Lies wrote:Preferably in chapters
Still right.
Grandfather_of_Lies wrote:so that we don't get the whole thing and then have to wait another five months.
Wrong on the intent. We are not machines. You get it as soon as it's been finished and QCed. We don't hide a secret stash of chapters. But maybe we will in the future. We might try out the Pavlov's Dogs experiment, but with manga releases.
Kurodoura wrote:So is the whole volume going to be scaned and released or will it be released chapter by chapter
That being said, if you want to have it in a volume, that's fine. You'll just have to wait 6 months instead of every 2 weeks or so for a chapter. But it is a dumb question though, if you look at the trend of our releases for Zetman, it's always chapter by chapter. It's pretty easy logic.

I don't think half the toilet seats in the world are as clean as I should like; and only half of those are half as clean as they deserve. - tsubaimomo, July 26, 2010 3:00 am
Finito

Post by Finito »

Well there is a topic about guidelines and rules here http://www.evil-genius.us/forums/viewto ... ?f=1&t=446. But you wont see anything about not asking info on the next release, because I guess it only becomes a problem when it is abusively asked. Which isn't happening here because it is common knowledge to not ask.
And one other thing. :twisted: Don't let the scary man with a strange hairdo and funny eyes frighten you. :twisted:
Who's the frightening one, your the one with some kind of a burning elf in his hand...
But I guess your right, if he had seen these videos, he should probably be scared :D
[youtube]AYxu_MQSTTY[/youtube][youtube]-fGV1dhDN-o[/youtube]
Grandfather_of_Lies
notanewb

Post by Grandfather_of_Lies »

It is not an elf it is a bunny rabbit. A cute little bunny rabbit at that. Or at least it was until it was incinerated by flames. You can see the end of it's ears in the hand. And that picture only means i like to eat rabbits. There is nothing unnatural about that. Is is a primal urge to fill your stomach with meat.

Back to the topic anyway.
What will be the test, a whistle, or something else for the experiment to work. I know it will work on me, since i drool by just seeing the spoiler.
Jack! Jack!
Jack in a Box
Jack of all Trades
Green Menace
imanewbie

Post by Green Menace »

Say, I have volume 8 of zetman here in case anyone needs/wants to see it.
http://rapidshare.com/files/69866368/__ ... __240.html
Sorry about the long link. The filename had kanji and it renamed it to that.
Those who stray from the path of righteousness fall into the depths of sin.
Evil and ambition scatter in the darkness, leaving behind dubious rumors to fly in public.

--- Requiem from the Darkness