Zetman

Have a fetish for dead wood comics, or you just like the better story development of the Manga? Post about 'em here.

Moderator: EG Members

uncempt
Buzkashi wannabe

Re: Zetman

Post by uncempt »

The weird thing with Zetman is that it's still getting better. The next volume is pretty wild. Lots of words though :sweat:
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

uncempt wrote:The weird thing with Zetman is that it's still getting better.
Yeah, totally, I know what you mean.
uncempt wrote:The next volume is pretty wild. Lots of words though :sweat:
Huh-oh. Sounds like we'll have some more work to do! Should be fun though. I'm looking forward to it. XD
miyagiCE
Tastes like burning!

Post by miyagiCE »

I thought volume 10 was full of shit. Though yeah, 11 and 12 look promising.
ShinigamiGuts
n00b Smasher

Post by ShinigamiGuts »

120 was just weird
The Prince
Tastes like burning!

Post by The Prince »

miyagiCE wrote:I thought volume 10 was full of shit. Though yeah, 11 and 12 look promising.
Why so? Not much story but the best action so far IMO.

Usually by the time Jin becomes Zet, in Voltron-like fashion, the battles are officially over. It was good to see Zet meeting adversaries that he can't easily overpower.
Let's put a smile on that face...............
miyagiCE
Tastes like burning!

Post by miyagiCE »

Really? You enjoyed the battle? I felt it was just reaaaally stretched out. Very little progress in the story, yet countless pages of battle. I'm glad it's over and things are moving forward rapidly now.
The Prince
Tastes like burning!

Post by The Prince »

miyagiCE wrote:Really? You enjoyed the battle? I felt it was just reaaaally stretched out. Very little progress in the story, yet countless pages of battle. I'm glad it's over and things are moving forward rapidly now.
I disagree.

Though it made volume 10 a very quick read, I liked the action and artwork. If anything I thought the story building up to the battle was dragged out way too long. And like I said before I enjoyed how the fight wasn't the typical one-sided affair once Jin became Zetman, lasting beyond more than just one or two frames.

While the story and dialoque is better than most manga/comics of its genre, with all due respect to Kouga's character development and ongoing school-girl love triangle....Isn't seeing (or the anticipation of seeing) Zet in action what has driven the story up to this point?
miyagiCE
Tastes like burning!

Post by miyagiCE »

The Prince wrote:While the story and dialoque is better than most manga/comics of its genre, with all due respect to Kouga's character development and ongoing school-girl love triangle....Isn't seeing (or the anticipation of seeing) Zet in action what has driven the story up to this point?
True indeed, yet what keeps me interested in Zetman as a whole is to know just why Amagi Corp. would go to such lengths as to set Players (what are Players really, anyway?) and Zet in place. What's the reason? How come the current President (Kouga's father) does not know about (or rather, not care) about Kouga's escapades as Alfasz? Personally, I believe all this is not just a string of coincidences, but thoroughly planned out by the corporation. The suit guy on the developer team, I forgot his name, must be, no doubt, in on it too.

That aside, what the hell is with Hanako? She just popped outta nowhere. Sure, she probably doesn't know she's being used, but I have a hard time believing the company wouldn't have Zet on close watch, especially considering the relations he has with people. They probably monitor him at all times and installed Hanako as a replacement for Prof. Kanzaki and the aunt.

These questions are what makes Zetman such an awesome read to me. Sure, the occasional arse-kicking feels immensely satisfying, but I believe the future of this story deserves better than blood gushing and guts spilled with no end in sight.

Also, why do I ALWAYS think that's Chun-Li in your avatar!?
The Prince
Tastes like burning!

Post by The Prince »

miyagiCE wrote:
The Prince wrote:While the story and dialoque is better than most manga/comics of its genre, with all due respect to Kouga's character development and ongoing school-girl love triangle....Isn't seeing (or the anticipation of seeing) Zet in action what has driven the story up to this point?
True indeed, yet what keeps me interested in Zetman as a whole is to know just why Amagi Corp. would go to such lengths as to set Players (what are Players really, anyway?) and Zet in place. What's the reason? How come the current President (Kouga's father) does not know about (or rather, not care) about Kouga's escapades as Alfasz? Personally, I believe all this is not just a string of coincidences, but thoroughly planned out by the corporation. The suit guy on the developer team, I forgot his name, must be, no doubt, in on it too.

That aside, what the hell is with Hanako? She just popped outta nowhere. Sure, she probably doesn't know she's being used, but I have a hard time believing the company wouldn't have Zet on close watch, especially considering the relations he has with people. They probably monitor him at all times and installed Hanako as a replacement for Prof. Kanzaki and the aunt.

These questions are what makes Zetman such an awesome read to me. Sure, the occasional arse-kicking feels immensely satisfying, but I believe the future of this story deserves better than blood gushing and guts spilled with no end in sight.

Also, why do I ALWAYS think that's Chun-Li in your avatar!?
Prince Lotor of course.....I don't see the resemblance.

You raise some interesting questions that hadn't even occured to me.

No doubt Hanako's presence is very sketchy at this point. There is a lot about her that I'm sure that we (Jin) do not know about.

I agree that volume 10 was more fanservice than anything, but I enjoyed it.

I'll admit I'm curious to know how that proloque scene will play out. Probably having something to do with Kouga being jealous about Jin and his sister................I kid of course.
miyagiCE
Tastes like burning!

Post by miyagiCE »

What, what's there not to see! XD

:)
The Prince
Tastes like burning!

Post by The Prince »

miyagiCE wrote:What, what's there not to see! XD

:)
Nice. But Lotor needs to do some squats before he can measure up to that.

Can I have that?
miyagiCE
Tastes like burning!

Post by miyagiCE »

He's probably the Squat Master 3000 now.
ShinigamiGuts
n00b Smasher

Post by ShinigamiGuts »

clone jin is gonna sex konoha?
dialdfordesi
I live in a giant bucket.

Post by dialdfordesi »

Freakin awesome! [spoiler]I lke how these chapters made us think that Jin was worrying about Konoha when instead it was the woman who took him in. I'm pretty skeptical of Konoha actually dying as we didn't see it. It was also pretty much out of the blue.[/spoiler]
Trust me, I'm a doctor!
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

Yeah, I agree. I'm still having a hard time believing she's dead. The new chapters were pretty sweet tho.
fujinsan
Flexing spam muscles

Post by fujinsan »

Kouga's father had a super hero complex all of his life, and decided to, when he got rich, make a string of mutated humans and place a character named alfasz (his son) and Zetman in my opinion Zetman was supposed to be the bad guy. Something went wrong with the zetman project though the scientist stole the child out of the corporation's clutches, so now no main bad guy for kouga to fight. Sorry for the very scratched up explanation, very tired and drunk right now.
Aldarion
imanewbie

Post by Aldarion »

Zetman needs more love! I really liked the recent chapters where the friendship of Kouga and Jin has finally began to evolve. For the first time I'm starting to see foreshadowings to the first pages of the manga. I'm guessing in part 5 Jin and Kouga will be working together against EVOL and make their friendship much stronger, but in part 6 it will for one reason or another break apart.
ShinigamiGuts
n00b Smasher

Post by ShinigamiGuts »

what happened to zetman
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

ShinigamiGuts wrote:what happened to zetman
What do you mean exactly? We just released 4 new chapters with Berserk back on the 4th. ;)
ShinigamiGuts
n00b Smasher

Post by ShinigamiGuts »

Wow must have missed that
thanks.
M.X
imanewbie

Post by M.X »

I was afraid the team would have dropped translating Zetman. Thanks a lot for these chapters and ganbatte ! :D
TheParagon
Mastered PM

Post by TheParagon »

dont jinx it :)
uncempt
Buzkashi wannabe

Post by uncempt »

Don't worry, we're still at it. But we always stay exactly one volume behind to encourage people to learn Japanese to read ahead, thereby increasing the talent pool for working on our other projects :D

What do you think about the big public reveal? Even though they've stayed hidden for 20 years!?
Shiva
Mastered PM

Post by Shiva »

Sounds like a good plan to me but wait a moment ... yeah just as i thought the date of last posted application is Wed Feb 24, 2010 11:21 am. Which means that this plan is kinda inefficient, so i suggest to stay 2 volumes or even 3 behind original release:D

Now about public reveal. Is seems that they have to wait so long due to at least tree things. They have to establish their organization, research Jin's capabilities and get that stone or something in order to ... in order to what? Oh that's right i can't recall because of your plan's sideeffect. :D

Right now i'm curious about governments and Kouga's father reaction .

On and i was just joking. Not that i'm ungrateful or anything. I really appreciate your work.
Rolos
Tastes like burning!

Post by Rolos »

Wasn't the reveal just a rogue faction from Evol doing what radicals always do? I'm pretty sure there's a page in which another of the heads of Evol is shown to be pretty pissed at Haitani...
No, wait. It was a bartender who was pissed at him. Or at least disconcerted by his actions.
Huh.
I'm pretty sure that bar has played a role in the story before...
One original thought is worth a thousand mindless quotings.
~Diogenes of Sinope