::Hajime no ippo::

Have a fetish for dead wood comics, or you just like the better story development of the Manga? Post about 'em here.

Moderator: EG Members

Artezul
Flexing spam muscles

Re: ::Hajime no ippo::

Post by Artezul »

The tables have turned for Miyata; now he's on the receiving end.
"Don't you get it yet?! If she's beautiful, you'll die instantly!!" Chopper
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

Hell yeah! He might be blocking most of it for now, but Sendo can still hurt you through your guard. That was a sweet body blow he tagged Miyata with though. I'm just glad that he can push the OPBF champ.
elric le tueur d'amis
Mastered PM

Post by elric le tueur d'amis »

Well, he is doing more than push him, he could win the spar with only a couple more blows.
That guy won''t give up!!
Kill him!!
Jian Wen Yi
imanewbie

Post by Jian Wen Yi »

elric le tueur d'amis wrote:Well, he is doing more than push him, he could win the spar with only a couple more blows.
I think he will 'win' the spar pretty soon. The problem is it's not really a win because Morikawa has protected Miyata with the whole weight loss and not taking the spar seriously matter. I feel that took away a lot away from a potentially good spar.

Also if Sendo doesn't win quite convincingly then he can't claim to be ready for Martinez.
Artezul
Flexing spam muscles

Post by Artezul »

On a different topic, but not completely unrelated: Why is it that Miyata and Takamura started out in weight classes lower then their natural body weight? I wouldn't think that Coach Kamogawa would intentionally handicap his fighters.
Albator
Hikikomori

Post by Albator »

Takamura started lower because that was the only way for him to find opponents in Japan in order to get started. In general (I'm no expert mind you), it seems to me like boxer pick the lowest category possible based on their build in order to get a strength/reach advantage.
Jian Wen Yi
imanewbie

Post by Jian Wen Yi »

Albator wrote:Takamura started lower because that was the only way for him to find opponents in Japan in order to get started. In general (I'm no expert mind you), it seems to me like boxer pick the lowest category possible based on their build in order to get a strength/reach advantage.
Yep that's pretty much it. Most boxers will fight below their natural weight, as it will give them a height/reach/power advantage. After the way in and upto the fight they will have put the weight back on and be much closer to their natural weight, and will take that power/weight advantage into the ring. However nowadays because so many boxers do this it's usually just to match your opponents size.

Mashiba has a good height/reach which is why he was able to move up so easily, I'm not sure about Miyata's stats so I can't say if he'd be ok moving up or not probably wouldn't be a stretch for him, but ippo's quite short and he makes weight easily, moving up would be detremental to him I think.
Artezul
Flexing spam muscles

Post by Artezul »

Haha, Sendo looking like a strong-willed cat while being held by the scruff of his neck (shirt.)
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

That's our Sendo for you. :)
thebattlehills
imanewbie

Post by thebattlehills »

Could anyone tell me where in the manga the anime leaves off at. I finished the anime a while ago and wanted to pick up in the manga where the anime left off, but I had no idea where to look, and I don't think I have the time to start the manga from the beginning.
Libaax
Of The Abyss

Post by Libaax »

Anyone here read chapters above 809 ?

Are you talking about raws ?

The last scanlated chapter finishes with just as the spar started.
The ink of a scholar is worth a thousand times more than the blood of the martyr- The Quran
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

I've read scantalations up to 811.
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

I'm gonna just go ahead and double-post to update the thread. That's right, I can do that. :P

Holy shit! The new chapters were badass.

[spoiler]First off, I can't believe Randy Boy Jr.'s dad died because of the results from his fight with Miyata Senior. That's fucking crazy man! Heh, and Miyata is way more concerned with revenge than RBJ is, funny that. It just adds a whole new dimension to the situation though, if you ask me. Also, Miyata's entrance was awesome. I'd have loved to have seen that IRL. Finally, Miyata with the two awesome counters that sent RBJ reeling. I don't think he was expecting Miyata to be this good. I still foresee this match being a true test of wills for both of these guys though, probably gonna be a knock-down drag-out fight. It's gonna be awesome though, I just hope Miyata doesn't get hurt too bad.[/spoiler]
Artezul
Flexing spam muscles

Post by Artezul »

Miyata continues his dominance to the end of the first round, but what I find very odd is how Randy is still standing. Most fighters in the past having taken a couple of his counters ( let alone Randy taking 4 counters leading into a flurry ) were already bent at the knees, kneeling on the floor mat. All I can see of Randy's damage is slight swelling around his right eye and bleeds from his mouth.

I did appreciate Miyata's comment about Ippo's fists; I'm sure everything probably pales in comparison.

If Aoki and Kimura's matches are any indication of what's to happen, then I'd rather not watch it and leave it here until they've moved the manga well on. And speaking of foreshadowing, I wonder if their is any chance Takamura will lose. Usually his tough - drawn out matches have some build-up to them, but the artist could blindside us with a quadruple loss.
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

Yeah, I don't think Miyata or Takamura are gonna lose. Aoki and Kimura's losses where to pave the way for them to win I imagine. It'd look bad if they had all won after all. We'll see how it goes though. I imagine RBJ is gonna give Miyata a hell of a time later in the match, but my money is still on Miyata.
Finito
I live in a giant bucket.

Post by Finito »

Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

Why would we bad sad, that's great news. I already knew about that though. I can't wait to watch the new series, it's supposed to pick up where the old anime left off!
Finito
I live in a giant bucket.

Post by Finito »

It was a joke, I think its great news, I will be waiting and will rewatch the already released ones before it comes out.
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

Ah, cool.
Artezul
Flexing spam muscles

Post by Artezul »

Probability that Miyata will win just rose a notch. No point in foreshadowing the perfect punch unless Miyata's going to accomplish it, or will Randy pull the blindside like his father did to Miyata's before him.

The thing is, if Miyata takes down Randy Boy Jr., what does that leave Ippo with?
Libaax
Of The Abyss

Post by Libaax »

Its not surprising news but its great news. The old anime was one of few animes i thought was almost as good as the manga.

Its not surprising because HNI has always been big in japan. Its not just a sport manga for the fans.

I cant wait for it !
The ink of a scholar is worth a thousand times more than the blood of the martyr- The Quran
Artezul
Flexing spam muscles

Post by Artezul »

Lastest chapter is excellent. I really wish they would conclude things before they end it. :(
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

Man, this is one of the best matches ever. I really hope Miyata wins. If he can beat RBJ, I think he might be ready for Martinez. Once he recovers from this match of course. He's got a lot of guts, Miyata is definitely one cool ass SOB. As for RBJ, he's crazy! I love the way the artist has been drawing his Asura form. That demonic expression of his is intense, heh.

**edit**

Holy shit! That was fucking awesome! I'm gonna have to say that was the best match yet! I mean, that was truly epic.
hadi
This is my new home

Post by hadi »

I've just read the whole manga for the second time, and i have to say i enjoy the comedy waaaaay better than some of the boring fights (like ippo vs. take)

my best arc of the whole manga is the baseball game :lol:
i laughed my ass off so hard..
Artezul
Flexing spam muscles

Post by Artezul »

With the direction Itagaki is going, he needs a decisive KO punch from Ippo to put him back on Earth.