::Hajime no ippo::

Have a fetish for dead wood comics, or you just like the better story development of the Manga? Post about 'em here.

Moderator: EG Members

Starnum
Elven King

Re: ::Hajime no ippo::

Post by Starnum »

See, this is why this manga is one of the best out there! Ippo hasn't had a fight in a while now, Miyata's fight is already over, and this stuff is still badass! It's crazy how this manga has been running for about as long as Berserk (20 years!) and it has over twice as many chapters (as Berserk), and it's still going so strongly! I'm not complaining, but I wonder if this series is ever gonna end, heh. It may end up being the longest manga ever...maybe.

Anyway, go Mashiba! Kick that guy's ass and take the title!
:headbang:
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

Okay, screw it. I want to post in this thread, so I'm just gonna go ahead and double-post. It's okay if you've got something new to say, and no one has posted in the thread in a while. Besides, I've already edited my previous post once before to add more content, so I figure a whole new fresh post is now warranted. Plus I get a free thread bump out of it too, heh. XD Anyway, the new chapter got me excited, because they announced at the end that Ippo has another fight coming up!

[spoiler]It seems his next opponent is an unrivaled genius! He is the Indonesian champion, he's undefeated, and his record is only 3-0! That means he became the champ after only three fights! I can't wait to learn more about him and see what he looks like![/spoiler]
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

TRIPLE POOOOOOOST!

Damn! Woli is soooo good! Is Ippo gonna suffer another loss, to a 17 year old with only 3 fights!? He's like a prodigy, this is insane! This guy's jumping all over the ring and blocking shots in dual exchanges! Who boxes like that!? I can believe he already holds a national title, but now that I've seen him fight, I can see how he got it.
Artezul
Flexing spam muscles

Post by Artezul »

It's like coiling a spring. I want to see Ippo just get one punch, one clean hit into Woli's vitals. But we've been teased for about 10 chapters, with Ippo connecting with air each time.

Recent chapter showed Woli having a reaction to his 2nd knocking his leg with the chair, giving him pause. Maybe hinting that Woli is in fact a glass cannon?
"Don't you get it yet?! If she's beautiful, you'll die instantly!!" Chopper
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

I don't think his second actually hit him with the chair. I think he's starting to feel those body blows. Whether he realizes it, or wants to admit it or not, even a puny body blow from Ippo isn't something to take lightly. He might just be a glass cannon, that would be surprising, but it's possible. Ippo did score that knock-down in the first round, and he's managed to land six puny little body blows in the last couple chapters. I'm still wondering how Ippo is gonna win this one though, when the odds seem stacked against him so much. If there's one thing Ippo has going for him, it's endurance. He's the come-back kid. It's been a while since we've really seen him crawl his way back from a total beating to pull out the win, but he can do it. Woli just may end up being more fragile than we thought. Guess we'll find out if Ippo can ever manage to land another full-on clean punch.
revealer
imanewbie

Post by revealer »

Does anyone know where I can find regularly updated translated chapters of hajime no ippo.. The last translated i read was Ch906, and I heard that there are raw's out for 907,908 and 909.. :(
edit: and 910
revealer
imanewbie

Post by revealer »

Anyways, sorry for double post, but seriously. It has been TOO damn long since I had read last hajime no ippo!
There are FIVE new chapters on the internet untranslated. It is a fairly popular manga..maybe some there are copyright issues, but none I could find.
Does anyone know some low profile, unknown web site where there are translated chapters, cause I can't find any.
Btw, is there any chance for EG to do some translating here? :D
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

Sorry, but I'm pretty much in the same boat here. I haven't been able to read a new chapter in several weeks. If you find anything out let me know, and I'll do the same if I come upon anything. As for us translating it, well if it was up to me then we would, but I'm not sure if the other guys in the group would be up for it. So I wouldn't count on it. If the issue persistent for too long though, I'll at least bring it up, but unfortunately I can't make any promises.
revealer
imanewbie

Post by revealer »

Translated chapters finally started coming out on http://ignition-one.confusticated.com/
One yesterday, one today. With that pace it should continue for another 4 days or so..
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

Sweet, thanks dude. ;)

*edit*

Ippo's got a new fight lined up. I can't wait to see what this guy's secret is that he's so confident he can win.
Artezul
Flexing spam muscles

Post by Artezul »

I'm kind of annoyed with the direction of this build-up. It'd be a sham if this were to end with Ippo having the crap kicked out of him before he pulls a victory. Whatever his opponent's intentions are, nothing short of Ippo decimating him would satisfy me. At the same time, I can't imagine Ippo keeping that jaded look after this arc which means he's going to have to get a wake-up call. /sigh
revealer
imanewbie

Post by revealer »

Artezul wrote:nothing short of Ippo decimating him would satisfy me.
There you had it :D
TheParagon
Mastered PM

Post by TheParagon »

that was indeed very satisfying
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

Yeah, I kind of had a feeling that it might end in a single climatic exchange like that.
Artezul
Flexing spam muscles

Post by Artezul »

I don't see why everyone's so surprised: Takamura's been sending people flying since day 1. :3

Oh, and it was satisfying.
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

True, but for a featherweight, it's pretty impressive.

*Edit*

OMG, Takamura is going to murder their asses, LMAO.
revealer
imanewbie

Post by revealer »

Maaaan, I want to see Aoki win this so bad :D
Albator
Hikikomori

Post by Albator »

You guys ought to check chap #1000, awesome rending of Takamura by Miura himself!
Lukis
imanewbie

Post by Lukis »

Vorgs fight is almost over now,fucking referee. I hope Mike is unconscious or will take one more step and land on his face again. Vorg deserves victory.
Clannad- it punches your heart in the face
"Panties, Panties, Panties" - Chii (Chobits)
"How did I pass? She beat me like I owed her money. " - Ichigo (Bleach)
Death is certain, the hour is not.
revealer
imanewbie

Post by revealer »

Talk about landing face first.. :D
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

WTF is this cheating BS!
revealer
imanewbie

Post by revealer »

I'm calling it..Ippo will loose this fight.