Battle Angel Alita

Have a fetish for dead wood comics, or you just like the better story development of the Manga? Post about 'em here.

Moderator: EG Members

Libaax
Of The Abyss

Battle Angel Alita

Post by Libaax »

Am i the only one who reads this futuristics manga?

I like this so much cause of its dark world and it feels like watching Mad Max 2.
The ink of a scholar is worth a thousand times more than the blood of the martyr- The Quran
Damien
Dirty Sennin

Post by Damien »

I never read it, I just seen the anime is all.

NARUTO + BLEACH doesn't even come close to the BEST MANGA= ONE PIECE
Libaax
Of The Abyss

Post by Libaax »

Then if you liked Mad Max and feel like reading something futuristic with some good action and a cool heroine go for it.

I have been reading it the last days almost non-stop.
The ink of a scholar is worth a thousand times more than the blood of the martyr- The Quran
Damien
Dirty Sennin

Post by Damien »

The anime was cool thats for sure...

NARUTO + BLEACH doesn't even come close to the BEST MANGA= ONE PIECE
Libaax
Of The Abyss

Post by Libaax »

Damn i didnt know about the anime...

But if it follows the manga exactly then i dont know if i want to destroy me picture of the manga.

Animes on mangaslike these tend to be not half as good,the action might be censored to look like a kid show....
raziel
This is my new home

Post by raziel »

i have this on my "to do" list. I've been hearing how great this manga is. Any ideas for more "cyberpunk" aka futuristic mangas? I already know about Blame and its se/prequels.
Libaax
Of The Abyss

Post by Libaax »

Am also looking for more mangas like Battle Angel Alita.

If i found one like this then i will let you know.
knch
imanewbie

Post by knch »

Sirius Scars is quite similar, not very long though, only about 4 volumes.
Elric
imanewbie

Post by Elric »

I enjoyed Reading Battle Angel, but after finishing the first series, I felt rather unsatisfied. Especially when it came to the releationship between Ido and Gally. I don't want to do any spoilers. But I felt it was quite unfair, the way Ido was handled. He was simply used as a tool to tug on the strings of Gally. They could have done more. Well, that's just my opinion.
I've got the key to the gates of paradise...
But I've got too many legs!
Libaax
Of The Abyss

Post by Libaax »

Am confused about the second series,what the hell is happening....

I didnt like either how Ido was handled but one of the reasons i like BAA is the dark world that the good people dont always have a happy ending.....
Elric
imanewbie

Post by Elric »

Your right Libaax. But Damn It!!! It just makes me mad! :D
I've got the key to the gates of paradise...
But I've got too many legs!
Finito
I live in a giant bucket.

Post by Finito »

I thaugh Ido was a dick im happy he died, very boring character, too much feeling and BLAHBLAH!!!
Second serie is not complicated, up to where I am(volume 4) the story continu on the ending of the first one where she gets killed by Nova, Alita as been rebuild by Nova and she allies with him to go find a friend of hers that saved her life in the first season, she gets mixed up in trouble and all, meets new friends and got a new goal to save some children playing in a wargame by doing that she enters a tournament.
huaja
imanewbie

Post by huaja »

I love this series, its awesome...Ido didnt exactly die, I'd like to see what the rest of the charaters have been up to since Alita has got to Tiphares/Zalem/Salem, whichever one it is, heh.
damdam
imanewbie

Post by damdam »

That's one of my favourite manga... The first series has a rushed end because I heard the author got sick at that time. Now he's continuing in "Last Order" and it's still a masterpiece!
Libaax
Of The Abyss

Post by Libaax »

Finito wrote:I thaugh Ido was a dick im happy he died, very boring character, too much feeling and BLAHBLAH!!!
Second serie is not complicated, up to where I am(volume 4) the story continu on the ending of the first one where she gets killed by Nova, Alita as been rebuild by Nova and she allies with him to go find a friend of hers that saved her life in the first season, she gets mixed up in trouble and all, meets new friends and got a new goal to save some children playing in a wargame by doing that she enters a tournament.
I dont understand why they go back to when Nova rebiuld her cause we already know it ends, thats she finds Lou and everything....

Yo Ido didnt die in the first series and IF he dies in the second series make a spoiler alert sinc this topic isnt about the second series.
Last edited by Libaax on Sun Feb 06, 2005 6:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dominion
This is my new home

Post by Dominion »

Libaax wrote: Yo Ido didnt die in the first series and he dies in the second series make a spoiler alert sinc this topic isnt about the second series.
yo man that was a mad spoiler right there.... i didnt even know they were still translating this series cause the origianl people dropped it... damn ...
Libaax
Of The Abyss

Post by Libaax »

Dominion wrote:
Libaax wrote: Yo Ido didnt die in the first series and he dies in the second series make a spoiler alert sinc this topic isnt about the second series.
yo man that was a mad spoiler right there.... i didnt even know they were still translating this series cause the origianl people dropped it... damn ...
Check my edited post since i meant to write IF he dies in the second series make a spoiler alert sinc this topic isnt about the second series.

I havent read more much of the last order so i dont even know what happens to Ido.
Finito
I live in a giant bucket.

Post by Finito »

SPOILER for those who didnt read 1st serie or those who dont want to know about Ido till now:(Happy Now?)

:arrow:What I ment is after the part where he kinda dies and get rebuild than Alita go see him in the first serie, we just dont see him anymore.
Libaax
Of The Abyss

Post by Libaax »

Ah then its cool that i dont know what happens next cause i have already read that part.
Ashankan-sensei
imanewbie

Post by Ashankan-sensei »

is baa originally read left to right?
Libaax
Of The Abyss

Post by Libaax »

The scans i read was from the book that was realesed by DH or Viz so it was western style not the original right to left.
huaja
imanewbie

Post by huaja »

Volume 4 of Last Order is out on BT from Rippersanime just fyi.

cheers
Libaax
Of The Abyss

Post by Libaax »

Thanks alot for the info i have been waiting for this.

And welcome to EG.
huaja
imanewbie

Post by huaja »

No probs, figured some people would be hanging out for it as long as I have :D. Apparently Vol 05 might have been released some where (maybe USA) but I'm not too sure on that unfortunately.

And thanks for welcome, been visiting EG ever since they started Berserk (my main reason, add FMA to it now), I just tend to lurk and read the threads a lot. ;)
vermillion
imanewbie

Post by vermillion »

It's true, the author had a problem in his hand and gave a fast conclusion to Hyper Future Gunnm in the 9th volume. Then he made a continuation in Gunnm Last Order. BUT (and this is what might confuse some people) Last Order doesn't take into consideration the previous ending, it takes the history in some point and continues it (being the history after that point totally different than the previous one).

Thanks for the link!!!! I forgot about that page, and I got frustrated some days ago because I couldn't find an user with queues left in Mirc for me to leech it :twisted:
Last edited by vermillion on Wed May 18, 2005 11:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Else there are invited guests, there is no party