Battle Angel Alita

Have a fetish for dead wood comics, or you just like the better story development of the Manga? Post about 'em here.

Moderator: EG Members

crazyankan
Mastered PM

Post by crazyankan »

ok :/

then I will install my old IDE hard drive and upload it :)
Libaax
Of The Abyss

Post by Libaax »

Albator wrote:You haven't miss that much in terms of Gally's story. However you are missing the whole Caerula arc, which you should look forward to.
Sounds good.

Its has been so long time since i read vol 5,6 so i am gonna reread them cause the way vol 7 starts looks so alien to me.

I took alittle peak though and saw that we get to know alittle more about Alita and her past when she fight her old instructor.

P.S i refuse to call her Gally. Alita is her "real" name for me plus it sound much better.
Albator
Hikikomori

Post by Albator »

Old habits are hard to die. And everytime I buy a new volume it has Gally plastered all over, so it's gonna be a challenge to change. :)
wotjesus
imanewbie

Post by wotjesus »

I just finished reading the last installment. I thoroughly enjoyed the series.

Also, was the movie any good? I heard it strayed from the story quite a bit, but was still enjoyable.

I'm contemplating d/l, so I'd just like to know if I'd be wasting my time or not.
inkthinker
Found the Edit button

Post by inkthinker »

If by "movie" you mean the two-episode OVA series, yeah... it's pretty good, I think. Don't watch the dub if you can avoid it, but the animation is pretty nice. It was one of the very first anime I saw, and in fact it's what got me into Alita in the first place.

Each episode is roughly equal in terms of character development and some story elements to the first two volumes, but there are wide plot divergences and a few characters who are completely new. They're essentially shoving a 200+page book into 22 minutes, though, and the results are effective.

In fact, I originally went straight from the two anime episodes to volume 3, when I first got into the series, and never felt a bit of confusion. I didn't actually read the first two volumes until a couple years later, and while I MUCH prefer the manga, the important stuff is still the same.
Libaax
Of The Abyss

Post by Libaax »

Albator wrote:Old habits are hard to die. And everytime I buy a new volume it has Gally plastered all over, so it's gonna be a challenge to change. :)
ONG dont tell her name in the english books is Gally :shock:

Now i am afraid of reading my vol 7 book.
Finito
I live in a giant bucket.

Post by Finito »

I prefer Gally, more fitting for a fighting chick and less slutty too. Its shorter and its used in the French books also. Ive actually never used Alita to refer to her before.

I hope the James Cameron movie supposedly coming out in 2009 will be good. Hes been working on it for years. Apparently hes thinking of making 2 more after if its successful.
Albator
Hikikomori

Post by Albator »

Yeah, I'm not sure about the english books, I was taslking about the french ones.
Libaax
Of The Abyss

Post by Libaax »

Oh good to know and forgot about you also being a frenchie.

I really hope BAA movie is really good prolly the manga will become alot more popular if the movie is good.
crazyankan
Mastered PM

Post by crazyankan »

have heard that the BAA movie will be filmed in 3D. anyone knows more specific details how it works?
Deathbringer
n00b eater

Post by Deathbringer »

I heard that he was involved in the making some new "realistic" CGI to make the movie, i think it´s the one that´s also used in Transformers.
ayadew
imanewbie

Post by ayadew »

How many Last Order-volumes are there totally? I've read 9, and rippersanime seems to currently translate the 10th..

good work btw crazyankan
inkthinker
Found the Edit button

Post by inkthinker »

Last I checked, the latest volume in English was no. 8, and I think the latest tank in Japan was 10.

To date, there are no scan groups currently following the latest releases of Alita.
darkbot
imanewbie

Post by darkbot »

you can find releases in rippersanime.com
they do good work, although they take awhile (like 2-3 months between release)..
psi29a
Godo

Post by psi29a »

darkbot wrote:you can find releases in rippersanime.com
they do good work, although they take awhile (like 2-3 months between release)..
thanks for info, but crazyankan (long time member here) actually is a member of rippersanime... who does the battle angel series. :P
crazyankan
Mastered PM

Post by crazyankan »

http://www.wikiupload.com/download_page.php?id=109616

someone was asking for the extra series in volume 3. Here it´s
crazyankan
Mastered PM

Post by crazyankan »

Phase 65 spoilers!

- Alita's body basically disintegrates and is dumped down a garbage chute along with the P Box. She isn't dead, although Nova X estimates it got around 80% of her.
- Super Nova blows up Porta-Nova, and the brain chip.
- Nova X jacks out of the system before Frova can come after him.
- Down on the surface, there's two kids and an old-as-shit guy sitting around a campfire. They're counting the cables connected to Tiphares, and they say there are 11. The old man tells them there were 12, but one broke loose and basically caused hell, which freaks out the kids a bit.
- Landa Namnam and the robot country guys find Alita's body, which has basically crumpled to dust apart from her brain chip. They're deliberating over what to do, when...
- They're visited by the God of Robots, which turns out to be a giant hologram of Arthur.
- He asks for the Fata Morgana, which he uses in order to...
- Manifest a huge number of holograms which include every major and semi-major person in the series thus far (including Kayna and The Sonic Finger [!])
- I think he convinces the robots to help rebuild her
- The end are two pages of black, with a small "dun" sound effect on one, which I take to mean that she's being rebooted.
ShinigamiGuts
n00b Smasher

Post by ShinigamiGuts »

Are the BAA chapters released weekly? Or do they come out in whole bulk of a volume?
crazyankan
Mastered PM

Post by crazyankan »

montly released in Ultra Jump.
and here is the raws for phase 65 http://chapjump.free.fr/Glo.zip
inkthinker
Found the Edit button

Post by inkthinker »

crazyankan wrote:montly released in Ultra Jump.
and here is the raws for phase 65 http://chapjump.free.fr/Glo.zip
Well, THAT'S a hell of a cliffhanger...

And nobody out there wants to translate this on a regular basis? 15 groups for Naruto and none for Alita...

There ain't no justice.
Finito
I live in a giant bucket.

Post by Finito »

Actually there is 41 R-tard groups who worked on Narutard since Baka-updates opened its manga site. Imagine before(x10) and the ones not recorded on Baka-updates(x50)...
R-tards are the majority around the world.
crazyankan
Mastered PM

Post by crazyankan »

59-60 are 100% done.
61-64 + "another story" are 75% done. (59-64+another story=LO 10)
crazyankan
Mastered PM

Post by crazyankan »

Finally we are releasing something.

So here is two new Battle Angel Alita Last Order chapters :beer:

http://tracker.rippersanime.com:14600/t ... 4b.torrent
Albator
Hikikomori

Post by Albator »

High five!
Quest
Tastes like burning!

Post by Quest »

crazyankan wrote:Finally we are releasing something.

So here is two new Battle Angel Alita Last Order chapters :beer:

http://tracker.rippersanime.com:14600/t ... 4b.torrent
woot!!
thank you for the releases!

:beer: :thumbsup: