::One Piece::

Have a fetish for dead wood comics, or you just like the better story development of the Manga? Post about 'em here.

Moderator: EG Members

DrPepperPro
Dirty Sennin

Re: ::One Piece::

Post by DrPepperPro »

Rolos
Tastes like burning!

Post by Rolos »

Holy shit. I never thought this thread was gonna turn into something so gloriously awesome over something as inane as a "glad he's dead" comment.
This is the kind of stuff that makes me seriously consider the possibility that "Trolls" do have a place in the Internet Ecosystem. If one thoughtless comment can generate this much awesomeness, I wonder...

Pointlessness itself:
[spoiler]What if I-
No. That's a slippery slope, right there. Stop.
But-
No!
Come on, you know you want it. Just one little "Miura's afag", and that's it. It'll only hurt a little bit. It's for the cause!
Well, it WOULD be for the good of the forum as a whole...
Yes! YES! It is for them, isn't it? It is a noble sacrifice! Say it, speak the words.
I don't know... Even if it does spark an ingenious, original arguments that enrich the community as a whole, wouldn't it also produce a lot of bad feelings that would take a lot to cleanse?
Anger. Wrath. Ire. Burning, powerful feelings...explosive emotions....energy. POWER.
Hey-
Do it! Their anger will make them strong! Let it flow! Extract the old, fossilized emotions that lie deep within their consciousness. It is for the greater good.
You're really bad at this.
What?
You know I'm disgustingly self-absorbed, sickeningly egocentric, nauseatingly narcissistic... And you try to tempt me with altruism? What the hell, man. I almost feel insulted.
Uhm. It's, uhm, free? For you?
No, no, that's not the way to do it. This is the Internet, you retard, everything's free.
Oh. I-
Sorry, lost your chance.
No, wait, I can do bette-
Pzzzzt.[/spoiler]

Ufff....that was almost sad. What a sad business that is, the whole tempting thing. There used to be a lot of talent there, Mephistoteles, Screwtape, the old bunch.

Anyway.

Ace's death:
[spoiler]Starnum, Ace's death was awesome. Why? Because it surprised me. And it stood in beautiful contrast to that of Whitebeard, which was pretty much standard for shonen. Yes, the old man's death WAS awesome, but that was what everyone expected it to be. But Ace's? Ace died like a soldier. It wasn't bombastic, it wasn't epic, he was just one more fighting element in the battlefield, and got hit trying to defend his brother. And that was it.Boom. Dead.
You know what, in my experience, is the hardest thing to find in shonen?
An anticlimax.
And Ace's death was completely anticlimactic, by shonen standards. Instead of a long, hard battle, in which he showcased his many abilities and virtues, he got punched and died.[/spoiler]

Guilt (this spoiler tag has been preemptively edited to avoid exposing you to almost lethal doses of egotism. In Rolopost, we CARE.) :
[spoiler]As for the guilt, well, I do prefer works that force me (not ask me) to think. Reading/watching works like that make me feel like I've gained a little by doing so, like I am a slightly better (or at least more heavily layered) person for having read/watched them. You know, catharsis. I know it's not original, and might come off as elitist, but it's just the way I am.
Hmmmpphaahahahah! No it's not! I just like to make people feel bad! Gyahahahahaha!
Kidding.
Honestly speaking, there's nothing (<--hyperbolic lie) that makes me feel more guilty than indulging in ephemeral entertainment. If time was limitless, then it wouldn't, but the clock ticks, and if I spend an entire afternoon doing something ultimately irrelevant, I feel bad.[/spoiler]

One more thing:
I'm not an alien. I am a humanite, like all of you. As a perfectly normal humanite, I'll simply inflate and deflate my lungs alternatively, and emit an arythmic tone while twisting my face in a general upwards direction, thus eliminating the need for proper verbal intercourse, and implicitly dismissing the possibility that I am mancreature from Upsilon -3.

P.S. Moderators can read edited posts? Oh. OH. God, I had forgotten. Completely forgotten. Shit, you sleep too often near the beast and you forget the claws. I remember now. The...fear is back. Thanks, Tsubaimomo (paralizing terror aside, that post was friggin' gold, man. I hate how much awesome ideas are lost because of the transient nature of forum posts).

P.S.S I am fairly certain this is still a One Piece thread, so I'll just spoil tag everything and label it so everyone can read what they want.
One original thought is worth a thousand mindless quotings.
~Diogenes of Sinope
tsubaimomo
Augh! Bright sky fire burn eyes!

Post by tsubaimomo »

The llama tank has sufficiently derailed it I should think.
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

Awesome post, Rolos. I misunderstood what you meant before, and now that I better understand what you're saying, I'm impressed. Thusly I recant my previous rant. Damn it all if I'm not one for jumping to conclusions *bangs head against the wall*. I totally agree with you on the bit about Ace too. What can I say, One Piece just goes above and beyond when it comes to shonen manga. I see what you mean about the guilt thing now too. I don't really feel guilty about it, but I can definitely relate. Something that forces you to think is truly great, but as I said before, for what it is One Piece is pretty great too. :)

Oh and your "humanite" posts always crack me up. So natural sounding. You don't sound alien at all, lmao. Keep it up bud, you're getting there. Blending takes time. Don't worry, once the US finally discloses the truth about your people, and our world comes to terms with it, we'll be more accepting of your kind. ;)
Mail
Mastered PM

Post by Mail »

Only 2 dictionary.com references (new record)!

I have never laughed so hard at a single post before. That was awesome.

Also, it's gonna be kinda hard to follow that up with "lawl new chapter wuz awesome". It's like you've set a new writing standard for the thread.
TheParagon
Mastered PM

Post by TheParagon »

new chap out!
[spoiler]best line ive read in a long time :D : Run... run!! Remember the two years you spent constantly running away from those repulsive things!! ..A monster my ass...!! It looks cute to me!!![/spoiler]
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

:lol:

[spoiler]Haki equipped Gear 3rd, there ya go. ;)[/spoiler]
Rolos
Tastes like burning!

Post by Rolos »

Someone...

Completely unrelated:

What do you guys listen to when reading One Piece?
I find that "Good Company" by Queen (please ignore the video) is a perfect match for the general campiness, frienship-gasmism and one piece-ness that is One Piece.
Seriously, try reading it with that song. Totally One Piece-ish.

P.S. I've always wondered... is Franky supposed to be some sort of american archetype? He feels vaguely american to me.
I don't know why. May be it's his hair.
~Diogenes of Sinope
TheParagon
Mastered PM

Post by TheParagon »

i listen to "gloria" by "mando diao" when there is a lot of action in one piece, it really gets me pumped and excited
TheParagon
Mastered PM

Post by TheParagon »

double post. i recently read that oda worked on rurouni kenshin aswell (art i believe). and im rereading it now... and guess what i found (the bomb) :)

http://www.mangareader.net/118-5585-8/r ... r-161.html
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

Yeah, I already knew about that. Pretty cool huh. Oda apprenticed under Watsuki-san. :)
TheParagon
Mastered PM

Post by TheParagon »

new ch out, and a very good one at that
TheParagon
Mastered PM

Post by TheParagon »

double post!

new chap out.

[spoiler]i wonder if big mum is the one they got a vivre card for, at thriller bark. interesting ending of the chapter also, looking forward to see where things are going[/spoiler]
dialdfordesi
I live in a giant bucket.

Post by dialdfordesi »

I feel real bad for thinking Sanji's got HIV now.
Trust me, I'm a doctor!
Mail
Mastered PM

Post by Mail »

PFFFAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

*wipes away tears*

He most certainly does.
ShinigamiGuts
n00b Smasher

Post by ShinigamiGuts »

I had to google wtf you guys were talking about didn't even occur to me you guys were saying because he got blood from two gay guys now he has aids.
you guys are retarded
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

:lol: Well he did say he felt bad for thinking it. :P
TheParagon
Mastered PM

Post by TheParagon »

new chap out. seriously... "hoe"? :)

anyways, looking forward to next ch

and now we know who the enemy of the arc will be
Artezul
Flexing spam muscles

Post by Artezul »

What the hell is Luffy thinking?! What the hell is hiding the princess in a shark supposed to accomplish?! xD
"Don't you get it yet?! If she's beautiful, you'll die instantly!!" Chopper
ShinigamiGuts
n00b Smasher

Post by ShinigamiGuts »

That made me laugh the shark can barely contain her.
Artezul
Flexing spam muscles

Post by Artezul »

Oh I get it, the mermaid princess is afraid of being outside - that's why Luffy stuck her inside of the shark. Now it makes PERFECT SENSE!

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
"Don't you get it yet?! If she's beautiful, you'll die instantly!!" Chopper
Sandman
Dirty Sennin

Post by Sandman »

I am not really feeling this arc of the story the devil fruit users are out of there element... I guess that leaves room for the non devil fruit users to shine but I wanted to see Luffy go all out :evil:
Thank you sir, may I have another :twisted: :whip:
Mail
Mastered PM

Post by Mail »

On the other hand, this could be an excellent chance to see how much Luffy has refined his fighting technique.
Rolos
Tastes like burning!

Post by Rolos »

IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII want to be the Battleship!

P.S. I'm not sure I understand the mechanics of those deep sea bubbles.
~Diogenes of Sinope
Mail
Mastered PM

Post by Mail »

There are no mechanics in One Piece. You'll kill yourself trying to rationalize it.