::One Piece::

Have a fetish for dead wood comics, or you just like the better story development of the Manga? Post about 'em here.

Moderator: EG Members

Mail
Mastered PM

Re: ::One Piece::

Post by Mail »

Yea, looks like they've all matured a little bit. I can't wait to see their first adventure in the new world. It's gonna be freaking awesome!
ShinigamiGuts
n00b Smasher

Post by ShinigamiGuts »

when is luffy gonna tap that hancock chick
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

ShinigamiGuts wrote:whats his face doesn't close his eye he uses an eye patch to cut his power in half
*Smacks ShinigamiGuts with a wet salmon* How dare you make a Bleach reference in regards to the superior One Piece. :P

What's his face...? How do you not know his name!? :lol:

ShinigamiGuts wrote:when is luffy gonna tap that hancock chick
Clearly Luffy doesn't know anything about tapping ass, lol.

Oh man! What an awesome chapter and reunion. Everyone's finally back together again, YOSH!

I love that Sanji turned to stone just by seeing Boa Hancock. She didn't even have to use her power on him! :lol:
Mail
Mastered PM

Post by Mail »

The most important parts of the last chapter for me were the character development of Luffy and Usopp (and Sanji if you count an even greater weakness to women) and the fact that Chopper has haki (I think).

Like fujinsan said, he's finally acting like a real captain. That's something that was really lacking earlier in the series. He'd protect his crew and stuff, but he acted as a friend most of the time, not a leader. Seems like he's finally taken a step towards having a modicum of responsibility. But more importantly he did it without losing the feel of his old personality :lol:

Usopp is (to me) the most interesting character at this point. It seems like Oda's gotten just the right mix of baddassery and overreaction to every damn thing that he had before. Can't wait to see him more :D
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

Yeah, I agree. I can see how Ussop might be an unlikeable character for some, at least at first. However I've always liked him really, so I'm pretty pleased with his development as of late. Yeah, Luffy's new development as finally taking a little responsibility as captain besides just beating the snot out of everyone he can, is really crucial at this point. I'm glad Oda though to add this to his development, I had honestly almost forgotten how he was lacking that quality, heh.
Sandman
Dirty Sennin

Post by Sandman »

I didnt think he could draw nami and robin any hotter than he already did but you got to admit it, it makes you want to go find some hentai :twisted:
Thank you sir, may I have another :twisted: :whip:
ShinigamiGuts
n00b Smasher

Post by ShinigamiGuts »

uhm not really
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

:lol: It'll be a while yet before the new designs makes its way into the hentai. :P
Sandman
Dirty Sennin

Post by Sandman »

Starnum got the joke... they are super hot... back to character design franky is the only one I am not sure of, he is huge an bulky... I hope they fixed his weak spot :twisted:
Thank you sir, may I have another :twisted: :whip:
Mail
Mastered PM

Post by Mail »

I'm honestly not sure how I feel about Franky's design. At first glance all I thought was "awesome". Looking back, though, I start seeing him as too top-heavy. I wouldn't mind his new size so much if he spread it throughout his entire body instead of just his arms and torso. I'm really wondering what the hell he put in there though.
TheParagon
Mastered PM

Post by TheParagon »

new chapter is out, and its aweesome! :D

[spoiler]so cool that roger also had the straw hat, and loved the part about kuma, plus great humor as so often :)[/spoiler]
ShinigamiGuts
n00b Smasher

Post by ShinigamiGuts »

kuma's part was kinda sad
Mail
Mastered PM

Post by Mail »

Awesome chapter as always, but even more awesome that mangastream had it on Tuesday :D

[spoiler]I foresee a nice little flashback featuring Roger and Shanks when he and Luffy meet again :) . Is it the Straw Hat of Destiny?

So I really, really wanna know what Robin learned in two years with the rebel army. Seriously. Alot.

Also, really looking forward to seeing how the crew handles a logia now :D . I don't think he knows what he's in for[/spoiler]
TheParagon
Mastered PM

Post by TheParagon »

i found this on mangahelpers

info from some one piece book about some small things that will happen in the future in one piece

it said that the strawhats will have 10 OR MORE MEMEBERS

[spoiler]Rogers had a 3rd in command, his name is Bronze something. ( Get it! GOLD rogers, SILVERS rayleigh, and BRONZE something. hints a the fact that he will appear eventually

also sengoku has a mythical zoan fruit

and yes ace's tatoo is a tribute to sabo

and again sorry for it being outta place, but i had to share that. that means their is a very strong chance they get a new mwmber on fishman island

a couple more things

said that enel's ambition is not over and he will try to accomplish it with his army.

the usopp pirates(3 boys from syrub villiage) hav their own ambition

there was a design for don krieg 9000, where he looked a bit like franky

also shows helmelppo's ambition of taking down his father, axe hand morgan

ok thats it and credit goes to greg from AP[/spoiler]
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

Yeah, there'll definitely be at least one more crew member. Luffy said way back at the beginning that he wanted there to be at least 10 people in the crew.
TheParagon
Mastered PM

Post by TheParagon »

that 10 member thing was supposed to be inside the spoiler, u did check that huh? quite a lot of things it says :)
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

Yeah I read the spoiler tag. Definitely some interesting stuff.
Mail
Mastered PM

Post by Mail »

Yeah, definitely some interesting points. Thanks for sharing.
Mail
Mastered PM

Post by Mail »

New chapter out on mangastream! Unfortunately looks like they're taking a break next week.

[spoiler]Can't wait to see Luffy tame the kracken :lol:[/spoiler]
Rolos
Tastes like burning!

Post by Rolos »

Just finished reading every single One Piece chapter ever released since the Moria Arc.
I enjoyed it so much it's embarrassing.
God, I loved it when Ace died! Fucking finally! I never thought I'd see the day someone died in a non-heroic way in One Piece.
He just got punched like a bitch! Booom! Dead. Awesome.
I feel kinda bad, though. I shouldn't have enjoyed One Piece so much. It's not precisely the most intellectually engaging work out there, and yet it totally blew me away. I feel...guilty.

P.S. Why do I have the phrase: "This appeals to my interests!" floating around in my head?
One original thought is worth a thousand mindless quotings.
~Diogenes of Sinope
TheParagon
Mastered PM

Post by TheParagon »

i know what you mean. but its very charming and original, and oda is great at connecting things, so it doesnt just feel like endless amounts of adventures, there's a plot thats moving forward, although at a slow pace
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

Uh, Ace died protecting Luffy. I wouldn't really call that "non-heroic".
tsubaimomo
Augh! Bright sky fire burn eyes!

Error

Post by tsubaimomo »

To preface this magnificent post, I must say that I chanced upon Starnum's previous comment and decided to allow the weak minded OP fools my thoughts. However, the Sinister Starnum edited his post in hopes that I might not see! But, I have thwarted his ill devised plan (by the way, you needn't've skimmed your post, twas quite alright):
Sinister Starnum wrote:Uh, Ace died protecting Luffy. I wouldn't really call that "non-heroic". There's no reason to feel guilty for liking One Piece, it's fucking awesome. Also, I can't believe you thought it was awesome that Ace died. From a writing perspective it's bitter sweet, but as a fan I found it to be very sad. Probably the most touching and sad death in the series. Not everything has to be "intellectually engaging" to be "good". To me, that line of thought just comes off as elitist bullshit. Again it goes back to the mentality where people act as if they're somehow better off reading "seinen" over "shonen", or whatever. Either way you're still reading a comic. It doesn't make you any better or worse off than anyone else. I'm glad you're enjoying One Piece, but please don't be a tool and act like it's some kind of guilty pleasure, ugh. It's kind of insulting to those of us who are genuine fans, but it's whatever I guess. If there's something wrong with liking One Piece, then I don't want to be right. People are gonna think whatever they're going to think, so it doesn't really matter. That's why I don't know why I waste my time saying stuff like this. I guess I'm just a compulsive idiot, but oh well. I'm still gonna spew my bullshit just like everyone else. Chances are if someone is shallow enough to think less of you based on what you read, it doesn't matter if it's intellectually engaging or not. They're just going to see you're reading a comic/manga and think you're a nerd regardless of what it is. No one is going to make the distinction between the type of comic/manga you're reading besides another nerd. So in the grand scheme of things, does it really matter which echelon of nerdom you're in? In the end, you're still just another teapot and/or kettle. So really its kind of pointless to act like one is any better than another. Obviously the quality of some things is better than others, but that's not really what I'm talking about here. It all just comes down to personal preference. So what's the point in feeling guilty? After all, who are you trying to impress? Aside from one's own personal standards I suppose, I see no point in it. Personally I don't give a fuck what people think. I'm gonna like what I like, and that's that. *shrugs* >.>
Ladies and gents, I address you thusly:

Never can I, in good conscience, give firm reason to suade a person to read such a story as here discussed. And I furthermore take upon my self the duty of enabling my fellow manga enthusiasts to look at this story they read -- its quality and substance -- and see by comparison to various other previous great works, that it offers nothing but simple trash. Indeed, its genre tells all one need know in order to taste, or rather, not taste, any depth of flavor here. My self of course, I've yet to read this one -- I should not like to, nor would it be permissible under the righteous bastion of Seinen Goodness that all should learn to adore. Come now little ones, surely you cannot wallow in these childish stories forever, for there await things of far more grandeur in the Brilliant realm of Seinen manga, things that you are never to find in this damn stupid shonen crap trash, oops, better retire from this post forthwith.

Frowning upon shonen trash and loyally standing up for beloved and abused Rolos since Today, 2010,

Your Local Elitist

P.S.
[spoiler]I just don't like 'em cuz you know its for kids and they go on forever and the main character is always some stupid kid and if they try hard enough theyll always win and geez you guys can't even see how much better seinen is cuz your not looking so your not reall true anime fans cuz true anime/manga fans go to the good stuff not the shonen stuff. i dont understand how you cna read it though cuz i tired once and it dint work out so well but now im here, i dont like it and that all lads and gents but actuly please ignore what i just said cuz i dun wanna get kicked from dis forum cuz i know its all about that shoneny shit, oops srly lul bye. pls dun hurt me[/spoiler]P.S.S.
[spoiler]Damnit, you've turned me into some sort of madman, but now, the madman goes back to work on the Glorious Seinen Epic Berserk! And sorry for wasting everybody's precious time, but don't worry, 5 chapters of OP probably came out in this time, so have fun kekekeke.[/spoiler]
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

LMAO :lol:

*In Colbert fashion, he shakes his fist at the sky and bellows* Tsubaimomooooo!

Well after I had wrote that I figured it was a waste of my time, and something most of you have already heard from me plenty of times before (and possibly a bit of an over-reaction), and so I thought to save everyone my inane ranting, but now the cat's out of the bag so it is what it is. Anyway, I wasn't trying to argue with anyone, I just get my panties in a bunch sometimes and want to rant about it. I know that it wasn't his intention to irk me with his post, but "Trolos" by nature can't help it. Hey, what can I say though, I'm no better than anyone else, and thus can be just as bad in my own way. At least I can admit it though, right? That should at least count for something. :P *shrugs*

I'm just trying to learn how to exercise some restraint, not something I've ever been very good at. :?

Regardless of anything else, I really am glad you're enjoying the recent chapters of One Piece, Rolos. The fact that you were blown away by the recent events, as was I, gives me some hope that you're beginning to understand the nature of us homo sapiens. I'm sure it must all seem very "alien" to you, but at least you're learning. *snickers* :P
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

Well there was a post before this from Rolos but he's trying to be cool like me and deleted it for some reason. Now I'm trying to be cool like Tsubaimomo and I'm just gonna go ahead and post a reply to the now phantom post anyway. ;)
Rolos wrote:"Some insane (yet humorous) ramblings about trolling and such."
LOL, honestly you're a lot better than most trolls I've seen. At least you have intelligent things to say and contribute. I can tell you're a good guy, we just don't always have the same feelings about things, but that's perfectly fine. It's a good thing actually. It wasn't the fact that you (enjoyed?) Ace's death so much as the way you make it sound like there's something wrong with liking One Piece. I think it's cool that you would justify trolling (even thought that's not really what you're doing) if it inspires deep and/or meaningful conversation. If that were truly the case, I would actually agree with you. That's why I say you're better than a real troll. Trolls usually come in and say something stupid, which only results in pointless insults being flung around. You were only expressing your opinion. I'm just very passionate about certain things and for as much as some people feel the need to troll or whatever, I have a hard time resisting the urge to stand up for and/or argue/defend the things I care about. Anyway, if that's how you really feel about it, then don't worry about me. As they say, to each their own. You may sound like a rambling madman half the time, but I usually enjoy most of your posts. I think for the most part you're a welcomed member of this community. Now if that doesn't at least dampen those primeval troll urges of yours, then I don't know what will, lol. :P