::GANTZ::

Have a fetish for dead wood comics, or you just like the better story development of the Manga? Post about 'em here.

Moderator: EG Members

Shiva
Mastered PM

Re: ::GANTZ::

Post by Shiva »

:lol: I posted that after reading. And i must say that instead getting only answers we have now more questions. That's my impression on the subject.
papasith
Augh! Bright sky fire burn eyes!

Post by papasith »

not haveing the answers and the curiosity has always made this series for me. im just frightened the answer will disappoint after all this time :\
Shiva
Mastered PM

Post by Shiva »

I agree. And on top of that I miss those epic battles from the first part of Gantz :(
Deathbringer
n00b eater

Post by Deathbringer »

Wow, so the guy that´s behind Gantz likes moe anime?

That´s was totally batshit insane, just how i like it. I knew the german guy/fat chick was just the tip of the icerberg.
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

What the fug is going on? That chapter didn't explain jack. XD
dialdfordesi
I live in a giant bucket.

Post by dialdfordesi »

So Sebastian is like some crazy Gantz dude that was never stuck in a ball or something? Since he can do all that stuff with his mind, could that mean there's a connection between the psychic Gantz players and the Gantz ball people?
Trust me, I'm a doctor!
papasith

Post by papasith »

i think he has mroe of a connection with the guys within the gantz balls if i had to guess. in fact i think he has a similar build, but it is hard to tell
Shiva
Mastered PM

Post by Shiva »

No not again .... At least we have now three months not 6 or something back then when Kurono was killed by vampire. Anyway I only hope that we won't get another Independence Day clone or something .... :lol:

Eh so that was the catch behind those 3 chapters i 3 weeks.
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

Okay, the new chapter was pretty cool. I'm looking forward to seeing the final phase of the story now. My wife and I were talking about it, and she said that she thinks that they're all living on a false earth as an alien experiment. That's not a bad theory, I thought.
Deathbringer
n00b eater

Post by Deathbringer »

Wow. Sucks to be in New York right about now.

Looks like Gantz finally dropped the concealed approach it took so far, it was already pretty obvious in the Osaka and Tome missions but blowing up a whole american city now, it´s bound to grab some serious attention now.

So Starnum, discussing Gantz with the lady, huh? How many times did that had a happy ending?
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

Heh, what do you mean, Deathbringer? She likes Gantz, but probably not as much as me, heh. Though she thinks the mangaka is a perv, which he clearly is, so I can't blame her for that. I doubt either one of us are expecting Gantz to have a very happy ending. Also, I think her favorite character is Tae, heh, which is pretty cool IMO. Oh, and if you mean a "happy ending", well, let's not worry about that. When you're married and have a kid, happy endings are harder to find. :P
DrPepperPro
Dirty Sennin

Post by DrPepperPro »

chapter 304: Woah.
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

Holy crap!! This is getting really good!
Xandarg
Mastered PM

Post by Xandarg »

I was just in the konbini and I flipped through a manga and saw Gantz. Hadn't read in a while, but shit was falling from the sky in a sweet 2pg spread! Is that the latest chapter you read? Insanity! I'm guessing we haven't gotten any more answers since I stoped reading? (They were with the kansai team and someone was in a giant robot...)
dialdfordesi
I live in a giant bucket.

Post by dialdfordesi »

Wow. I don't think I can say anything else about 304.
Trust me, I'm a doctor!
ShinigamiGuts
n00b Smasher

Post by ShinigamiGuts »

Xandarg wrote:I was just in the konbini and I flipped through a manga and saw Gantz. Hadn't read in a while, but shit was falling from the sky in a sweet 2pg spread! Is that the latest chapter you read? Insanity! I'm guessing we haven't gotten any more answers since I stoped reading? (They were with the kansai team and someone was in a giant robot...)
that was first issue since it stopped
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

Xandarg wrote:I was just in the konbini and I flipped through a manga and saw Gantz. Hadn't read in a while, but shit was falling from the sky in a sweet 2pg spread! Is that the latest chapter you read? Insanity! I'm guessing we haven't gotten any more answers since I stoped reading? (They were with the kansai team and someone was in a giant robot...)
Yeah dude, a lot of new stuff has been revealed since the Osaka arc, and a lot of crazy ass shit has happened. You should totally go back and catch up.
papasith

Post by papasith »

So... how do you guys feel about the gantz live action movie they have coming out? personally i am haveing flash backs of the last few episodes from the anime and hoping it does turn into that
DrPepperPro
Dirty Sennin

Post by DrPepperPro »

Probably like the live Death Note movies. Mediocre at best, but nowhere near as good as the manga.
ShinigamiGuts
n00b Smasher

Post by ShinigamiGuts »

The death note movie wasn't that bad, but the chick playing misa misa sucked. They are way better and hotter cosplayers than this chick
The Prince
Tastes like burning!

Post by The Prince »

ShinigamiGuts wrote:
that was first issue since it stopped
Well with the latest release things are looking bleak. Just more and more destruction.

Not having Gantz around certainly poses many problems.

I'm wondering since the Gantz system went out of whack, how are the Gantz members going to get access to all the weapons and assetts given to them prior to each mission? I realize they have taken their suits home with them and perhaps a few weapons here and there, but certainly not any of the heavy-powered arsenal that we saw in the Osaka arc.....And what about those players in other cities who may have played enough to have achieved access to vehicles and power-suits?

Also it seems without the Gantz system in place to bring players together, it appears everyone will have to fair for themselves without many tools to work with......Also who is going to repair the suits when they get damaged?

Bloody hell!
Let's put a smile on that face...............
papasith

Post by papasith »

Im just getting more and more excited about these releases!
papasith

Post by papasith »

so whats everyones thoughts on how events are proceeding?
ShinigamiGuts
n00b Smasher

Post by ShinigamiGuts »

wish this was released every week
The Prince
Tastes like burning!

Post by The Prince »

Anyone keeping up on the chapters?

I am a little upset how nothing has ever really been explained about the origins of Gantz, apart from what got revealed in the BS side-story in Germany.....which only led to even more questions.

I'm still confused regarding how the Vampire mafia fit in regarding the grand scheme of things.

Also if the purpose of Gantz was to test/train groups of people to thwart an upcoming invasion, why not just have Gantz use its capabilities to make multiple copies of all the best past players and give them the best artillery available?

[spoiler]-How did Kei get his hands on a gravity gun?

I though he wasn't around when the uber weapons were introduced.

-Also without Gantz around who is going repair the players' suits when they breakdown?[/spoiler]
Let's put a smile on that face...............