Bleach

The latest and greatest of Japanese Animation. Found something new, or perhaps old and arcane... if it has to do with anime, it goes right here.

Moderator: EG Members

Starnum
Elven King

Re: Bleach

Post by Starnum »

Hey, yeah, there is a lot of Spanish words in Bleach isn't there.

For the person who asked earlier, the difference between an Arrancar and an Espada is this. An Arrancar is the cross between a hollow and a shinigami. Aizen then rates the Arrancar based on their power or what-not, and the Espada are the ones with single digit numbers 1 - 9, or in other words, the strongest Arrancar that currently exist.

[spoiler]As for Chad, he is definitely awesome. However, even now, he still suffers from the Krillen disease. Meaning, he's all cool and stuff, even after his power-up, but then he just gets one shoted by someone like Cell, or in Chad's case, Nnoitra. *shrugs*[/spoiler]
Rolos
Tastes like burning!

Post by Rolos »

Well, I never expected much from Chad, so its still a surprise to see him doing anything besides getting his ass kicked.

Pd: LOL....good one. The Kreilin disease.....I am gonna write that down somewhere, it can be forgotten.
One original thought is worth a thousand mindless quotings.
~Diogenes of Sinope
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

Heh, you like that eh? Yep, as awesome as Krillen is, he's still like "The One Hit Wonder". :P
Shiva
Mastered PM

Post by Shiva »

Oi Starnum you forgot about Yammy ... Espada = numbers from 1 to 10
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

Heh, fair enough.
Loeviz
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Loeviz »

I dont like Chad that much actually, nor him or Ishida.
But what I do hate about the anime right now is the hollows they have befriended, they are hollow for gods sake what else is there to do cleave their heads?
Cant understand at all why they let them live.

\"No Sane man will dance.\"
-- Marcus Tullius Cicero (106-43 BC)
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

Are you talking about Nel and her gang? Yeah, I was skeptical at first too, but it'll all make sense later. Nel is awesome though, I'll tell you that much. ;)
Loeviz
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Loeviz »

Yeah Nel and the other two, Nel is ok but the other two ruins the show for me a little bit.
I think Nel is one of the first arrancar projects since she looks a lot like a human, so if thats true shes easily more powerful then Chad :P

Rolos
Tastes like burning!

Post by Rolos »

Well, thas not so hard to imagine.

What really pisses me off about Chad is all that "abuelo" bullshit he mutters every time he is gonna fight an enemy. Just beat the shit out of them!!

Its not as if you are fighting an enemy with different political ideas or something like that. He is fighting monsters, dammit!! They want to murder all his loved ones and yet he has to spend like 15 minutes every episode gathering the courage to hit back. he sucks. bigtime.

Ishida on the other side, is just plainly weak. He is a great tactician and is constantly devising new strategies while he fights, but his physical abilities are constantly letting me down.

Meh, anything is better than Ichigo. He is just like a retard with a loaded bazooka.
One original thought is worth a thousand mindless quotings.
~Diogenes of Sinope
Aetherfukz
Tastes like burning!

Post by Aetherfukz »

167 is out. Good thing I set up my PS3 yesterday to tunnel the SSH client from my workplace through to the windows home pc, so I can add new torrents to download at home from work :D
Deathbringer
n00b eater

Post by Deathbringer »

Who in the hell thought it was a good idea to filler up the series right in the middle of their charge of Hueco Mundo?

Talk about breaking the fucking glow.
Tempest
Dirty Sennin

Post by Tempest »

Bleach related:

The new captain of Squad 3 looks pretty awesome,but then again I have much love for the lazy-guy-how-turns-it-on-at-the-last-second-to-save-the-day archetype ala Kyoraku or Stark, and even though he isn't lazy per say, he has a relaxed manner that belays his skill. That tuning fork looking weapon looks interesting, and I can't wait to see his zanpakto in action.

Semi Bleach related:

Where are you guys downloading your translated episodes from? I was using DB, but they changed the format of Bleach and it looks horrendous on my computer, the only real reason I put up with it this week was to see this new captain. In terms of fight scenes or even lengthy dialogue I can't see anything because of afterimages and partial animation freezes in certain areas. And this isn't like an "HD vs SD" kind of difference, I mean I literally can't tell what is going on sometimes and have to pause it to see certain parts of the subtitles which flicker or don't even show up at all.
ImageImage
Aetherfukz
Tastes like burning!

Post by Aetherfukz »

New 3rd squad Taicho? What episode was that? Or do you mean the guy with 69 (or 68?) on his face who stands in for Tousen?

Anyway I get the new episodes from Dattebayo, and watched all from them since ep. 50 or so, the first were from Lunar Anime. I didn't really realize they changed codecs - they troll alot about that issue, and I just stream everything to the PS3 via TVersity so I can watch it on the big screen, and with TVersity codecs don't matter as long as you can play it on the PC.

Which player do you use? VLC? Because I havn't had any problems with the new episodes, they still look almost like dvd quality.

Edit: Pardon me english, I'm awake for almost 20 hours now and just couldn't be bothered :D
Tempest
Dirty Sennin

Post by Tempest »

I use Windows Media Player.

[spoiler]There is a new Captain put in charge of squad 3 as of Episode 168 in the anime. He's a completely new character, he was apparently part of a patrol squad and has been out and about for the last few years, only to be called back to Seiretei by the 1st Squad captain. He took the captain's examination (Which means he knows bankai) but one of the mysterious things about him is that no one (not even the other captains) know which two captains in addition to Yamamoto were in charge of the test. He also brought with him another Soul Reaper who is 3rd squad's new 3rd Seat.[/spoiler]
ImageImage
Aetherfukz
Tastes like burning!

Post by Aetherfukz »

Which episode 168 did you see? The one that was out last week was the final fight of Ichigo and Grimmjow? Don't you mean 169 which would have aired this tuesday?

I can't recall anything about a new captain in the last episode... gotta rewatch maybe.
Deathbringer
n00b eater

Post by Deathbringer »

On that note, 167 was fucking awesome. Very fluid and fast animation with kick ass moves from Grimmjaw.
Loeviz
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Loeviz »

Ok so Im guessing that Bleach is aiming for some fillers yet again.
To soon for more fillers right now :(

Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

Yeah, WTF, more filler? Lame.
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

Why are you doing that? We don't normally bump threads around...but...I guess that's okay.
War Machine
Tastes like burning!

Post by War Machine »

Yeah, I quit on the anime right after the bounto stuff, it's simply easier to read the manga since I don't have to download big files or anything.
"Clearly my escape had not been anticipated, or my benevolent master would not have expended such efforts to prevent me from going. And if my departure displeased him, then that was a victory, however small, for me." - Raziel
ShinigamiGuts
n00b Smasher

Post by ShinigamiGuts »

that's pretty cool how they added non manga material during the death scene of that espada that mayuri killed
Loeviz
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Loeviz »

Fillerland is over people :D
Right now they are showing how Urahara, Aizen, Gin and so on got to where they are today.
Pretty interesting actually.
Bleach just got good again

Aetherfukz
Tastes like burning!

Post by Aetherfukz »

Last episode of Bleach I saw was something aroud 188 I think. Shortly before the fillers started, when Ichigo defeated (at least it looked like it) Grimmjow.

Anyway I have to catch up again, if the fillerland is over. Would you recommend skipping a few filler episodes, or are they at least funny?

Also, WTF happened to nell?

Acute case of fanservice?
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

Not quite, it's a transformation of sorts. Just wait and see, it's awesome.
papasith
Augh! Bright sky fire burn eyes!

Post by papasith »

can you give me an approximate episode number when they went in the the background of aizen, urahara and all?