Durarara!

The latest and greatest of Japanese Animation. Found something new, or perhaps old and arcane... if it has to do with anime, it goes right here.

Moderator: EG Members

Rolos
Tastes like burning!

Durarara!

Post by Rolos »

Personally, I think it's boring. It's like someone took Baccano!, and decided to take most of what made it so awesome, and then replace it with anime-japan (the fictional japan illustrated in manga and anime) bullshit.
Don't misunderstand me, I think it is a very well done series, I just don't like most of the contents. Like a Geiger made of animal feces.
Love the form, hate the rest.
One original thought is worth a thousand mindless quotings.
~Diogenes of Sinope
papasith
Augh! Bright sky fire burn eyes!

Re: Durarara!

Post by papasith »

well it IS an anime based of a book by the same author that originally wrote baccano! apparently that style of story telling is just his thing.

personally i like the anime for the most part although parts bug me (the guy who throws vending machinces makes me bust out laugh when i see him...im not sure why he amuses me so)
Grahf
Crusher of Dreams

Re: Durarara!

Post by Grahf »

papasith wrote: personally i like the anime for the most part although parts bug me (the guy who throws vending machinces makes me bust out laugh when i see him...im not sure why he amuses me so)
I 100% agree.
"Context is for Kings"