Naruto

The latest and greatest of Japanese Animation. Found something new, or perhaps old and arcane... if it has to do with anime, it goes right here.

Moderator: EG Members

Trant
imanewbie

Post by Trant »

ArcticFox wrote:
raziel wrote:basically if you've been liking one piece, hajime no ippo, hunter x hunter, etc., you'll probably like this one.
Up to about 40 episodes... then it starts to suck, gets better again, starts to suck more, gets better, starts to FUCK UP, gets better again.... and basically just read the Manga before you´re let down by the Animé over at http://www.narutofan.com
By saying the episodes after 40 sucks (for a while) you seem to be implying that Rock Lee's fight sucked. (won't say with who so new people can enjoy)

Blasphemy, I say!
Brainpiercing
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Brainpiercing »

unfortunately you've named a lot of names which I also haven't watched/read, so I don't have a comparison.

First, right now I'm interested in manga, because I've kind of lost interest in TV anime. But if I can read it online I'll just check it out myself.
Brainpiercing
"Beer cures poison" - (almost) Guts.
Dio
King of Alcohol

Post by Dio »

Brainpiercing wrote:unfortunately you've named a lot of names which I also haven't watched/read, so I don't have a comparison.

First, right now I'm interested in manga, because I've kind of lost interest in TV anime. But if I can read it online I'll just check it out myself.
Read teh manga
ImageImage
dos.azn
the_Gook_of_EG

Post by dos.azn »

Trog wrote: I second that. Ep. 97 - 106 are the worst filler episodes in anime history.
And those Naruto anime specials (Jump Festa 2003 & 2004) suck even more.
i don't read the manga but i hear that the race (ep 97-106) is actually in the manga. i could be wrong but they still aren't too bad of fillers. you see naruto learning to handle the rasengan much better and the growing jealous hate that sasuke has for naruto
Trog
Mastered PM

Post by Trog »

dos.azn wrote:
Trog wrote: I second that. Ep. 97 - 106 are the worst filler episodes in anime history.
i don't read the manga but i hear that the race (ep 97-106) is actually in the manga. i could be wrong but they still aren't too bad of fillers. you see naruto learning to handle the rasengan much better and the growing jealous hate that sasuke has for naruto
No. The race is is not part of the manga. The first thing that happens after he awakens from his coma (after the Itachi fight) is the fight on the roof. Besides I think the main theme of the race (Naruto making some guy trust in other people again) is just a repetition of the first story arc. And the villain of the race (that traitor ninja) is so god damn gay...,you'll never find anything like him in the manga.
Ep. 97-106 also contains great fillers like "uncover Kakashi's face" or "Konohamaru bitchin'". :x
Dio
King of Alcohol

Post by Dio »

dos.azn wrote:
Nah the race wasn't part of teh manga. The character was created by the anime director. But the filler "Uncover Kakashi's face" was in the manga
ImageImage
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

Well of course the filler sucks major monkey balls. You guys shouldn't even count that. When I think of Naruto, I only think of the official plot. I love the anime; it's awesome. I just ignore the filler, because it's bound to happen. Besides, I heard the art technique of the manga isn't as good as the anime, but I can't vouch for that myself.
Dio
King of Alcohol

Post by Dio »

Starnum wrote:Well of course the filler sucks major monkey balls. You guys shouldn't even count that. When I think of Naruto, I only think of the official plot. I love the anime; it's awesome. I just ignore the filler, because it's bound to happen. Besides, I heard the art technique of the manga isn't as good as the anime, but I can't vouch for that myself.
The Uncover Kakashi's mask filler was hilarious to me though. The anime art varies, but the manga is consistent.
ImageImage
Trog
Mastered PM

Post by Trog »

Dio wrote:
dos.azn wrote:
Nah the race wasn't part of teh manga. The character was created by the anime director. But the filler "Uncover Kakashi's face" was in the manga
You sure that "Uncover Kakashi's face" was in the manga?
Can't remember reading that chapter and it doesn't make sense chronologically since the fight on the hospital's roof occurs right after Sasuke wakes from his coma.
Dio
King of Alcohol

Post by Dio »

Trog wrote:
Dio wrote:
dos.azn wrote: i don't read the manga but i hear that the race (ep 97-106) is actually in the manga. i could be wrong but they still aren't too bad of fillers. you see naruto learning to handle the rasengan much better and the growing jealous hate that sasuke has for naruto

You sure that "Uncover Kakashi's face" was in the manga?
Can't remember reading that chapter and it doesn't make sense chronologically since the fight on the hospital's roof occurs right after Sasuke wakes from his coma.
I read that manga chapter. It was a Gaiden if I remember correctly
Last edited by Dio on Fri Jan 14, 2005 7:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImage
Trog
Mastered PM

Post by Trog »

Oh, i c
Dio
King of Alcohol

Post by Dio »

Trog wrote:Oh, i c
You can most likely still get it on Narutofan.com
ImageImage
Libaax
Of The Abyss

Post by Libaax »

ArcticFox wrote:
raziel wrote:basically if you've been liking one piece, hajime no ippo, hunter x hunter, etc., you'll probably like this one.
Up to about 40 episodes... then it starts to suck, gets better again, starts to suck more, gets better, starts to FUCK UP, gets better again.... and basically just read the Manga before you´re let down by the Animé over at http://www.narutofan.com
I second that the manga is far better.

For the dude who wants Naruto you can find alla chaps wiithout registiring in http://www.Narutochuushin.com

Raziel: dont compare Naruto with Ippo is completly diffrent.
raziel
This is my new home

Post by raziel »

Libaax wrote:
ArcticFox wrote:

For the dude who wants Naruto you can find alla chaps wiithout registiring in http://www.Narutochuushin.com

libaax, from what i've seen, it seems similar with some kid starting out in his fighting technique and basically rising through the ranks. It is usually dealing with the the will being a strong almost unstoppable force that motivates the main character.
ArcticFox
derKaiserFuchs

Post by ArcticFox »

They should just throw in a konahamaru Gaiden as fillers... I´m there if they do!
Dio
King of Alcohol

Post by Dio »

ArcticFox wrote:They should just throw in a konahamaru Gaiden as fillers... I´m there if they do!
Hahahaha, I have a feeling he is gonna end up being one of the better ninjas in the village
ImageImage
dos.azn
the_Gook_of_EG

Post by dos.azn »

who knows...with the 3 year fast track in the manga, anything could be revealed

btw does anyone know where i can dl naruto manga by the volume? im too lazi to stay by my computer and do 100 somewhat clicks for each chapter
Libaax
Of The Abyss

Post by Libaax »

raziel wrote:
Libaax wrote:
ArcticFox wrote: Up to about 40 episodes... then it starts to suck, gets better again, starts to suck more, gets better, starts to FUCK UP, gets better again.... and basically just read the Manga before you´re let down by the Animé over at http://www.narutofan.com

libaax, from what i've seen, it seems similar with some kid starting out in his fighting technique and basically rising through the ranks. It is usually dealing with the the will being a strong almost unstoppable force that motivates the main character.
Yeah but Ippo path isnt as easy as superhuman Narutos. Naruto and ippo characther can be compared but the two mangas is completly diffrent Ippo is much more real then Naruto who is about super powers,seal,bloodlimit and stuff..
AbsoluteZero
Evil Genius

Post by AbsoluteZero »

Libaax
Of The Abyss

Post by Libaax »

Wow already

Hope this ep will be as good as i think.
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

Ha! I knew it, Kiba fights the two-headed guy, and Shikamaru fights Tayuya. Have to admit, didn’t foresee the arrival of this Kimimaro guy though.
psi29a
Godo

Post by psi29a »

Heh, you need to read the manga... trust me, it gets better. *evil grin*
Libaax
Of The Abyss

Post by Libaax »

Kimi looks much cooler than i expected.

But i didnt like how there was no fitting music when Naruto activated kyubi mode and when they show the several hundreds bunshins,it didnt feel anything because the lack of music.
raziel
This is my new home

Post by raziel »

Libaax wrote:
raziel wrote:
Libaax wrote: I second that the manga is far better.

Yeah but Ippo path isnt as easy as superhuman Narutos. Naruto and ippo characther can be compared but the two mangas is completly diffrent Ippo is much more real then Naruto who is about super powers,seal,bloodlimit and stuff..
Well, I just meant the basic premise. I wasn't really trying to compare details.
Damien
Dirty Sennin

Post by Damien »

I wonder if february 2nd will be a 50 min special or just a regular episode..?

NARUTO + BLEACH doesn't even come close to the BEST MANGA= ONE PIECE