Naruto

The latest and greatest of Japanese Animation. Found something new, or perhaps old and arcane... if it has to do with anime, it goes right here.

Moderator: EG Members

Buzkashi
Devourer of Children

Post by Buzkashi »

Oooh. So a little far behind eh? But they're basicly following the manga storyline?
A little philosophy inclineth man's mind to atheism, but depth in philosophy bringeth men's minds about to religion.
-Sir Francis Bacon, Of Atheism <---Did I make this my sig? This shits gay as fuck.
Necromancer
Dirty Sennin

Post by Necromancer »

Recently there are just fillers. But yeah they do. They are at the point were the Kakashi Gaiden has to start.
"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe." - Albert Einstein
Damien
Dirty Sennin

Post by Damien »

Well I think they wanted it so that the manga would be so many volumes ahead.

NARUTO + BLEACH doesn't even come close to the BEST MANGA= ONE PIECE
Sandman
Dirty Sennin

Post by Sandman »

Just had to necro this thread to tell you guys that on the last manga chapter release the cover says that the anime will be getting back on track this coming spring, cant wait for that :D , and a new movie, which I could careless about :twisted:
Thank you sir, may I have another :twisted: :whip:
EnglishJim
This is my new home

Post by EnglishJim »

It's about freakin' time too, there's been too much filler.

Almost 100 episodes, well, I can't say for sure. The shitness started at about 125(?), I gave up at about 175 and I know it's into the 200s.
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

The end is in sight! Thank fuggin Gawd!

Oh, but then we have to see ghey ass time-lapse Sasuke, and the whole litte arc of a bunch of nothing and much suckage. Oh well, the Kakashi flashback and the stuff with Kakuzu and Hidan should be cool to watch.
Sandman
Dirty Sennin

Post by Sandman »

I should be cool seeing Naruto's different Resengans and other new moves he has come up with... so are spoilers allowed in this thread or something???
MonkWren
notanewb

Post by MonkWren »

Idle curiosity, how does the manga stack up compared to the anime in terms of plot quality? I mean, even if you did cut out the god awful filler, the plot in Naruto was pretty weak, which is part of why I eventually gave up on it (that and if I saw one more flashback/pointless RASENGAN I was gonna shoot someone).
Sandman
Dirty Sennin

Post by Sandman »

There is a lot more flash backs in the anime and you dont get to see Naruto train for any of the three years in the manga... so it not filler its the training... anyway yes the plots are the same.
MonkWren
notanewb

Post by MonkWren »

Sandman wrote:There is a lot more flash backs in the anime and you dont get to see Naruto train for any of the three years in the manga... so it not filler its the training... anyway yes the plots are the same.
Hmmm, may have to check it out then. I thought that Naruto had an interesting (if slightly rediculous, as is typical in shounen) premise, with at least interesting characters (particularly Sasuke), but the lack of any consistent plot just killed it for me.
EnglishJim
This is my new home

Post by EnglishJim »

The plot isn't outstanding, but at least is ain't as brain-dead as Dragon Ball Z. It's just panned out over a lot more episodes than your typical anime. Try marathoning the show and you'll see it come together.
Sandman
Dirty Sennin

Post by Sandman »

In one of the recent episodes I saw Naruto use the Rasegan twice right after the other, that was very gay, it was like he has nothing else, plus he cant even use the resengan with out a Clone to help him yet which I think is pretty gay also... but I still have hope :D
MonkWren
notanewb

Post by MonkWren »

EnglishJim wrote:The plot isn't outstanding, but at least is ain't as brain-dead as Dragon Ball Z. It's just panned out over a lot more episodes than your typical anime. Try marathoning the show and you'll see it come together.
I did. I always got bored about halfway through a marathon. That's usually not a good sign for a show that I'm supposedly watching for fun, so I dropped it.
LordMune
Femto's Favorite Member

Post by LordMune »

EnglishJim wrote:The plot isn't outstanding, but at least is ain't as brain-dead as Dragon Ball Z. It's just panned out over a lot more episodes than your typical anime. Try marathoning the show and you'll see it come together.
hahahahaha what
"I love a buz" - LordMune, 2012
EnglishJim
This is my new home

Post by EnglishJim »

LordMune wrote:
hahahahaha what
...Was it really that funny? Wow :roll: .

MonkWren, if you didn't like Naruto before the filler, there isn't much hope for you with the show :? ...
MonkWren
notanewb

Post by MonkWren »

EnglishJim wrote:MonkWren, if you didn't like Naruto before the filler, there isn't much hope for you with the show :? ...
I liked it in general terms before the filler. But some of the battles were far too stretched out and the rediculous number of flashbacks (yes, Naruto has a giant demon-fox imprisoned in him, I get it already) had started to turn me off a little, and then I started to hit filler. Honestly, I could see myself liking the show a lot if it had any reasonable sense of pacing, or if there was a definite end to the storyline. Battle-of-the-week doesn't quite cut it for me, though, which was the feeling I got from it (after, admittedly, over 100 episodes).

It's actually pretty much the reason I stopped watching Bleach, too, although part of that was the way the plot simply died after Ichigo and company (note: SPOILERS) made it through Soul Society.
evilester_me
This is my new home

Post by evilester_me »

I don't think the plot is planned out at all. It's like Inuyasha (god I hate that show) they just came up with a cool little idea and ran with it. That's why I love to watch the show after a LONG day, when I'm braindead from work and don't want to think. If you don't dwell too much on the plot and kinda forget there is one, Naruto is fun.

100% Eye candy...yummy
:wink:
EnglishJim
This is my new home

Post by EnglishJim »

:) Naruto is fun. But even if they cut out all the filler, I still think it all could've happened in half the amount of episodes.

P.S. I once tried watching GITS2: Innocence after work - bad idea :) .
MonkWren
notanewb

Post by MonkWren »

evilester_me wrote:
I don't think the plot is planned out at all. It's like Inuyasha (god I hate that show) they just came up with a cool little idea and ran with it. That's why I love to watch the show after a LONG day, when I'm braindead from work and don't want to think. If you don't dwell too much on the plot and kinda forget there is one, Naruto is fun.

100% Eye candy...yummy
Panned out, not planned out. Meaning drawn out, stretched. I know the plot has no plan (other than a general one wherein Naruto becomes God and beats some arse), and that doesn't bother me.

And the eye-candy didn't quite cut it for me. If it's there just to be eye-candy, I want something that's well-drawn and highly animated, like FLCL. Watching Naruto rasengan over and over again while Sasuke chidoris gets to be as bad as the recycled battle scenes in Gundam SEED and Gundam SEED Destiny.
EnglishJim
This is my new home

Post by EnglishJim »

Yeah, I did mean panned not planned. However, when evilester_me quoted me I mistook her words for panned instead of planned too. So my last post is invalid as well. Man, this is confusing. A lot like Furi Kuri, but I love that show :wink: .

As for the whole eye candy thing, I think it is well drawn at key moments in the series. But it's asking a little much to expect OVA production values on an extended show like Naruto.
Sandman
Dirty Sennin

Post by Sandman »

Naruto just finished up a filler arc, I wonder if that will be the last until the new year??? well anyway he finished the final guy with a rasengan with very little emotional feeling I thought... I cant wait for a good Naruto episode again... or even a movie :twisted:
EnglishJim
This is my new home

Post by EnglishJim »

How can you stand the filler?! After posting in this thread, I actually tried to pick up where I left off. In the episodes I watched it just felt like nothing was happening. I know it's filler, but usually there's a little character development or something. Instead, it was just bad guy shows up, fight, Rasengan, over. Yawn.

I bet if they cut all the episodes from after the Kimimaro fight to when the story picks up next year, the plot would still run smoothly. Probably. :D
Sandman
Dirty Sennin

Post by Sandman »

213 just started another filler arc, its about a bad ninja that turns good, just like the last one, well this new guy uses an oricana sp? (flute) and gives super powers to naruto :? God when will this end??
ZoddsNo1Fan
This is my new home

Post by ZoddsNo1Fan »

Fillers will end February 15th

Posted by Shino on Jan 03 2007, 12:56 AM
Yes, you heard correct. The fillers will end in February. On February 15th, there will be a 1 hour special episode that will show off the characters after the 3 year time gap. There is no mention of the Kakashi Gaiden, but hopefully they will air it.

So there you go guys, on February 15th, Naruto: Hurricane Chronicles will begin, putting an end to the fillers.

Lastly, there will be no anime or manga this week. The anime will be back on January 11th, and yes it will be fillers; and the manga back late next week.
Heres some info on the naruto filler void, this was posted yesterday. Naruto: Hurricane Chronicles dubbed: Naruto Part 2

http://www.narutocentral.com/news/
Agarash
imanewbie

Post by Agarash »